Labor Day Weekend Stuff

I hope you are busy enjoying the long Labor Day weekend!

Just popping in with some scenes for the weekend so far 🙂

It’s always a pleasure dining at my friend Lisa’s house because she is a guaranteed good food time, especially since she is a vegetarian which means her barbeques will always involve lots of meatless dishes for us.

dinner

Must pin Lisa down for her cauliflower recipe. Oh my goodness, it was crazy good. Something about a lightened up recipe involving a small amount of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. I will get it, don’t worry.

Lisa’s little girl turned three on Saturday. I feel like I was just watching her when she was a newborn and it seems like yesterday I wrote about her first birthday party!

Of course I used her birthday as an opportunity to buy girly things like stickers. I love stickers.

birthday

Whipped cream frosted cakes covered in cookie crumbs are almost as good as chocolate frosted cakes. Almost.

dessert

You may notice an above plate of almost finished chocolate chip cookies. I have been on a baking frenzy and showed these chocolate chip cookies to you yesterday.

chocolate chip cookies

Big and chewy, made with whole wheat flour and two kinds of chocolate chips.

I am known for my variety of chocolate chip cookies but if you want my opinion, the best chocolate chip cookies in the world might very well be from Max Brenner, where we were actually  Saturday night.

max brenner chocolate chip cookie

Max Brenner’s chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. After Saturday night’s first bite, I decided that it may surpass the Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies from Disney World (I usually considered them tied for top of my cookie list).

We also ordered the Chocolate Mess Party For two to go along with the chocolate chip cookie.

It’s hard to tell from the picture but it’s a round cake pan with a chocolate cake of some sort baked on the bottom topped with lots of whipped cream, some vanilla ice cream, chocolate bits, toffee sauce plus strawberries and bananas floating around in their too.

max brenner

This dessert combination definitely hit the insatiable spot after Saturday’s long run!

The weather has been gorgeous this weekend (no humidity!) which made walking around Port Jefferson yesterday extra nice.

Port Jefferson

They say it’s supposed to heat up again today which I guess makes me happy that I won’t be running the Long Beach 5 Mile Labor Day Race this morning as I have the past two years. Recaps here and here!

I don’t know why but this race sort of kind of slipped my mind/crept up on me out of nowhere. Logistically it really didn’t work for me and I wasn’t interested enough in running it to make it work for me.

So instead of heading down to Long Beach early this morning, maybe I will be nice and make my son day-before school-starts pancakes for breakfast, or if I know him, he will want to go back to Town Bagel for the pancakes they had when we were there for bagels on Saturday.

pancakes

Now, are they serving blueberry pancakes AND m&m pancakes, or, are they blueberry m&m pancakes all in one bite? Good question, we will find out!

Labor Day Weekend Stuff #maxbrenner #weekend #laborday #vegetarian #chocolatechipcookies… Click To Tweet

***********

Best cookie ever?

Three things you have done so far this weekend?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe September 7, 2015, 6:37 am

I want stickers! So funny that it is like a universal thing–loving stickers. The Container Store used to have an amazing selection (they probably still do). I made my zucchini cornbread muffins on Thursday and they were gone within 72 hours. I have a problem.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Running Friends Make Your Labor Day Weekend Magnificent! #MagMileHalfMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:16 pm

I still collect stickers, love them! I have my Lisa Frank sticker collection with all backings still on the stickers. I barely let anyone hold the book if I allow them to look at it.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma September 7, 2015, 8:53 am

I love how you have a running list of the best choc chip cookies – the important things in life! Looks like such a great weekend with tons of delicious food and good people – nothing better!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:14 pm

I definitely have my top favorite cookies and dessert spots. We can discuss one day! lol

• Heather September 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Sounds like you are making the most of the long weekend. I make peanut butter cookies, that I have been told are the best cookies ever by many. They are absolutely divine. So far this weekend, I went grocery shopping, baked a lot , because I am baking my way through a cookbook, which is so much fun, and caught up on some chores. I hope you have a great day.
    Bakingrunner.blogspot.com

• Gretchen September 7, 2015, 9:27 am

Sounds like a really fun weekend, and all those desserts look AMAZING! I like really soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies that are bursting with chocolate, so whoever makes those is my favorite 🙂
    Gretchen recently posted…Labor Day Weekend recapMy Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine September 7, 2015, 9:33 am

Sounds like a great weekend so far! I just made some pancakes this morning:) I don’t think I have a favorite chocolate chip cookie, but I usually prefer anything homemade.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 7, 2015, 10:16 am

Is it crazy that I almost forgot that it was a long weekend? Our weather has been nasty here since Saturday night, so all the typical BBQ and lake stuff has kind of been off the menu. Enjoy some sunshine for me!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – september 2015 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:11 pm

That stinks! It hasn’t rained much here at all and it’s another heat wave so I don’t even know that summer is sort of over.

• Suzy September 7, 2015, 10:55 am

Okay, I can’t believe I can remember this but when I was a kid there used to be this place in the mall called “Cookies by George” and the cookies there were out of this world. They had this big soft chunk of milk chocolate melted into the centre of each cookie. Those were my favourites! I haven’t seen that place in years though.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld September 7, 2015, 1:54 pm

Fun weeeeekend! I see brussels and I’ve been craving them like crazy- I went to a WF new menu opening here and they had the BEST brussels- Ever since then, the craving has been so strong!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Life Lately + Fitness GoalsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:09 pm

Oh then you have to get them! Were they a new kind of roasted Brussels sprouts at Whole Foods? I am curious, I may need to stop in to see if mine has them.

• Shannon September 7, 2015, 2:35 pm

I don’t even know what my favorite cookie is. Thats a problem! Maybe because California doesn’t have as good of baked goods as New York.
    Shannon recently posted…Gluten Free Protein Toaster WafflesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:08 pm

Haha – so I am not the only one who thinks New York is best for baked goods?

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl September 7, 2015, 11:32 pm

This weekend – ran the dumbo double dare challenge at Disneyland in what is becoming a Southern California heat wave, ate an enormous amount of Disney’s allergy friendly food, and had a fun time with my cousin and my friend from law school who also were running.

I’m jealous, the minute I leave the east coast the weather there gets gorgeous, and when I get to San Diego there is a heat wave going on for the one week a year it hits!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2015, 12:06 pm

That is so awesome! I always wanted to run the Disney races. San Diego is gorgeous!

• Niki @ Life With Niki September 8, 2015, 12:25 am

M&M pancakes? I had no idea that was a ‘thing’. Now I really want to try them! I think that the combination of any form of chocolate with pancakes = Pure Bliss!
    Niki @ Life With Niki recently posted…Birthday Recap | Japantown and San FransiscoMy Profile