shopping list & recipe links

I typically try to get my food shopping accomplished before the weekend begins so I can free up Saturday and Sunday for enjoyment rather than errands.

trader joe's groceries

In case you are looking for some shopping list inspiration suggestions in addition to the Trader Joe’s Favorites For Runners from last week, I put together a list of what my typical Trader Joe’s shop looks like lately.

trader joe's shopping list

Of course there are things I am forgetting to include like the above pictured fresh pineapple because my son was with me and requested one. In general, this list is my focus and I add things each time based upon what I feel like, what’s in season, what’s new, what’s lacking in my pantry (if I ran out of quinoa or lentils) and what my son throws in the cart.

I do pick some things up at other stores like Whole Foods, Fairway and ShopRite, depending upon availability and sales.

I wish Trader Joe’s sold Kombucha because I am sort of developing a habit and fondness for the stuff.

kombucha

I sipped some as I shopped quickly yesterday afternoon for a few things in Whole Foods and I think Cosmic Cranberry is my favorite flavor so far.

Recipe Links Of Interest:

I have been pinning up a storm of good stuff lately and wanted to share some of the recipe links today so that you could pick up some of the ingredients if needed over the weekend:

Tart Cherry Drinks For Optimal Workout Nutrition

13 Vegan Pizzas

Thai Cauliflower Rice – super simple recipe that incorporates Sweet Chili Sauce which I love from Trader Joe’s so make sure it’s on your list!

16 Healthy Kid-Friendly Recipes

Quick and Easy Oat Breakfasts

Easy Cinnamon Bun Popcorn – can’t wait to make this using Skoop! Add organic popcorn kernels to your list!

Chocolate Chip Blueberry Bars – do we want to discuss that fresh blueberries are suddenly disappearing from store shelves for the season around here?

Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread – add organic zucchini to your grocery list!

I had planned on making this Peanut Butter Cookie Cereal with Chocolate Milk as soon as I came across the recipe but then I went on autopilot and ending up making my own peanut butter banana protein bites.

peanut butter banana protein bites

I didn’t follow my own recipe exactly though, I left out the chocolate chips and forgot the cinnamon but even so, these bites are crazy delicious and addicting. Let me know if you make them!

Have a great weekend 🙂

My grocery list plus lots of yummy recipe links! #traderjoes #groceries #shoppinglist #recipes… Click To Tweet

*******************

When do you typically do your food shopping?

What store do you frequent the most for your groceries?

What’s on the running agenda for the weekend? Races/long runs/rest?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe August 21, 2015, 7:02 am

Alex and I like to shop together, so we typically go after lunch on the weekends. We split it up between multiple stores in order to get good prices and good offerings. It’s going to be sad having to do it all alone for the next few months!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Damn Good Week to Follow a Damn Good WeekendMy Profile

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 21, 2015, 8:00 am

I went to Trader Joe’s for angel food cake and almond butter and by the time I left, my grocery list was as long as yours! I can NOT stick to my list in there 🙂 There’s just so much good stuff!
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Spaghetti Squash Lasagna [Vegetarian & Gluten Free]My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl August 21, 2015, 8:17 am

I tend only to have time to shop on weekends, but I prefer it so I’m not rushed and don’t forget stuff!

This weekend I’m excited to keep catching up with college friends in London and to run the Hyde Park 10K!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Five Summery + Gluten Free Costco FindsMy Profile

• lauren August 21, 2015, 8:32 am

I shop all over! Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, Whole Foods. And I feel like I am at a store every day for something!! Try the TRILOGY flavor brand of Kombucha! I started with Cosmic Cranberry like you and now love Trilogy and Gingerade! Especially after a workout..they are so so so refreshing!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 23, 2015, 9:34 am

I am trying not to be in a store every day but sometimes it does feel that way! I will try Trilogy next, thanks! I like this cranberry one and there was another fruity one I liked, now I forget what it was called lol

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 21, 2015, 9:35 am

You just inspired me to try to get my grocery shopping done today so I don’t have to do it over the weekend! Thanks for sharing these ideas. I am so excited for my first trip to Trader Joe’s since you wrote that guest post:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Weeks 1&2My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 21, 2015, 9:47 am

So happy you’re hooked on kombucha now! So many great flavors 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Bacon Egg Breakfast Bites with Chives {Paleo}My Profile

• Nikki @ will run for pizza August 21, 2015, 10:18 am

We usually do our grocery shopping Sunday night – which is not a good idea because the selections in the veggie and fruit section is bad…but we end up at the grocery store quite often b/c we can walk there…it’s good and bad, lol. And we shop at TJ’s, Kroger, and Marc’s…kinda have the staples at each place.
    My weekend run, is 20 tomorrow! And 3 weeks til my full! Ahhhhhhh!
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…Making vanilla, timed trial results, and how to do Friday.My Profile

• Hayley @ Full of Life August 21, 2015, 10:45 am

I love Trader Joe’s but usually do most of my shopping at Safeway just because it has the most stuff! I also like to go to Whole Foods once a month or so for select things 🙂 Pretty much always shop on Sunday afternoons and instantly regret it as soon as I enter haha

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 23, 2015, 9:31 am

I also go to Whole Foods every few weeks for a few things but they aren’t my every week store.

• Shannon August 21, 2015, 11:16 am

I do most of my shopping at Trader Joe’s, but they don’t have everything so I usually have to go to a few different stores. I don’t go shopping on any specific day though.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 23, 2015, 9:30 am

I wish TJ sold everything but I still need to fill in with other stores from time to time.

• Suzy August 21, 2015, 12:24 pm

Costco for the big dry stuff and then our local little grocery store for produce and milk etc. I’m dreading the whole back to school shop though. It’s going to be a zillion bucks.
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: Animal ItstinksMy Profile

• Grace @ Diary of a Running Snail August 21, 2015, 3:12 pm

I like to grocery shop on Sunday mornings and meal prep for the week right after. It makes it super quick and efficient!
    Thanks for the recipe ideas!!
    This weekend I have a Sunday long run long and my brother and sister are turning 17! So lots of celebrating 🙂
    Grace @ Diary of a Running Snail recently posted…A SHOUTOUT and Egg White OatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 23, 2015, 9:29 am

Happy birthday to your brother and sister! Hope they have really good cake 🙂

• lindsay August 22, 2015, 8:22 am

yay kombucha. you know my love for that! and protein bites. um, yes!!!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 22, 2015, 9:31 am

I love a good list, especially one for the grocery story. I usually make my list as the week runs on, although I have very few staples: bananas, berries (like you, if the price is good), bread and Greek yogurt. Everything else is either what I’ve run out of or what veggie I’m feeling at the moment. Right now so much of my produce comes from the food share each week or the farmers market that my grocery story list is small. Also, I’ve been trying to do this thing where I actually work through all my food (I mean pantry stuff) before buying a whole bunch more. It’s tough. 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 23, 2015, 9:27 am

I try sometimes to use up what I have in the freezer and pantry too but it doesn’t happen often.