countdown of friday favorites

I love that it is Friday. I love that I feel better. I love that I have some favorites to share with you from my week so let’s count them down to my most favorite moment, okay?

Friday Favorites

4. New mascara from Guerlain

mascara

Why do I love this Cils d’Enfer So Volume mascara more than past mascaras? There’s something about the wand that so easily glides over your lashes, separating each one as it lengthens and curls.

Seriously, I think it’s better than Dior’s Iconic mascara!  I also love that it removes a little easier than some of the other mascaras I have used the past. I can’t stand removing eye make up that doesn’t want to come off! You know what I mean, right? When you stand in the bathroom, rubbing and rubbing, thinking it’s off, only to find black under the eyes the next morning.

3. Saving money because I haven’t been eating produce.

Although I am definitely about to return to completely normal eating (I am missing my veggies by now!) a week without much produce has meant a week without the need to hit the grocery stores. I only needed the bare minimum the other day from Trader Joe’s and realized I have saved some money!

trader joe's

2. Amanda’s flourless double chocolate brownie recipe.

I used Amanda’s flourless double chocolate brownie recipe the other night only I decided to bake the recipe using a round cake pan instead in order to create a brownie base for a dessert pizza.

I topped the brownie base with my eggless cookie dough recipe and um, I created something crazy yummy.

cooke dough brownie pizza

Amanda’s brownies are incredible and are definitely perfect as a brownie-bottomed cake/pie/dessert pizza base. The combination of the brownie bottom and the flavor/texture of the cookie dough with bites of mini chocolate chips is just too decadent for words.

cookie dough brownie pizza

My mind is loaded up with dessert pizza ideas using the brownie base and the topping combinations are endless. More to come on this, trust me 🙂

And last but certainly not least, my number one favorite from the week…

1. Heather was in town!!

Nothing was going to stop me from seeing Heather while she was in town this week, not the endless stomach bug or driving to the city during rush hour (to Times Square no less).

heather and me

My son and I headed into the city Wednesday night to meet up with Heather at Tony Di Napoli to celebrate her mom’s upcoming birthday.

Heather came up from Florida as a family girls trip with her daughter, mom and grandmother to visit her brother and other close friends who still live in New York.

I was so afraid of getting the stomach pain I had still been experiencing earlier this week so I ate oatmeal as my meals all day prior to leaving for the city (oatmeal was really the only thing guaranteed to not bother me) and then survived mainly on the bread basket (with a little dipped in sauce) in order to thoroughly enjoy the night without any issues.

dinner at Tony's

No one makes me laugh like Heather and her mom. No one. Sometimes I think it’s not fair that she lives in Florida but then I remember that if we were together all of the time, I probably wouldn’t talk to anyone else so maybe this is best.

Seriously. Heather and I were such a pair like that.

We even had time to pop into Toys R Us. Tell me, why do boys gravitate towards things that bounce?

Toys R Us Ball

I was happy that this ball on display was so large because he knew without asking that we were not taking it home. However, a giant ball like this, which is actually soft too, might have been perfect for my house since it’s too darn large to be thrown near the front window.

Did I tell you his baseball somehow made a nice hole through the front window recently?

Uh huh. Welcome to my world.

My favorites from the week including brownie pizza, mascara and NYC! #guerlain #brownies #NYC… Click To Tweet

************

Favorite mascara?

Does your best friend live near you?

What’s on the workout agenda for this weekend? Long runs? Races?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe August 14, 2015, 7:34 am

It makes me sad that your Friday favorite was the fact that you are saving money because you are eating less produce. Thus why so many argue that healthy eating is too expensive.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Five Tips for Optimal Muscle Recovery for RunnersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:57 am

In some ways it is true, if you buy and eat a ton of produce it can get pricey but since I don’t eat meat/poultry/much dairy, I do save money on that.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 14, 2015, 8:33 am

So glad you were still able to enjoy time with Heather even with the damn lingering bug! Amanda’s recipe looks so good there in pizza form, I think I have to make that when I get back from the beach. Also doing a low veggie/fruit week here and there and saving money at the same time sounds great. Sometimes I feel like we need a strawberry break over here – so much spent on strawberries it’s ridiculous!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Creamy Paleo Honey MustardMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:57 am

We took a strawberry break and suddenly it seems the berries are no longer on sale. I hate this time of year when I lose the good pricing on berries. Hope you are having a great trip so far!

• Gretchen | Gretchruns August 14, 2015, 8:56 am

There’s a lot by Guerlain that I’ve wanted to try, so maybe I’ll bite the bullet and finally buy something. That case is GORGEOUS!

That’s so sweet that you got to see your best friend! I have a few really close friends and unfortunately most of them live in other states and other countries. It’s nice though because I can visit them and see new places! Also, technology is great now so we still keep in touch all the time. Thank goodness!

Have a great weekend 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #23My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:56 am

I love how you love makeup like me! I love guerlain and use a ton of their products. Let me know if you have any questions on any of them! I love their terracotta, under eye concealer/brightner thing, tinted moisturizer, eye shadows…

• Suzy August 14, 2015, 10:55 am

I thought baseballs only went through windows in the movies! I didn’t know it happened in real life. 😛 That blows.
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: ReunitedMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:55 am

Oh it happened. Hopefully it was blessing in disguise because he was so upset he won’t throw a ball in the house again.

• Niki @ Life With Niki August 14, 2015, 11:37 am

Yum that chocolate dessert looks to die for- I will gladly finish it for you if you feel there is too much ;).
    Sadly, every best friend I ever had has moved away… however I am all for making new relationships!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:54 am

It’s so sad when friends move but at least now, it’s easier to stay in touch with technology. For me as a kid, we didn’t have cell phones or internet! Ha, I feel so old.

• Shannon August 14, 2015, 12:59 pm

My best friend lives right across the street from me, which is really nice! Makes things super easy!
    Shannon recently posted…Individual Mixed Berry TrifleMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 15, 2015, 8:23 am

I still can’t get over how incredible that cookie dough brownie pizza thing looks. You’re a genius. And it’s awesome that you were able to spend some time with Heather! My best friend moved across the country a handful of years back, and while we still stay in touch and talk regularly, it’s definitely not the same as it was back in the day.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. flourless double chocolate cherry brownies .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 16, 2015, 6:53 am

My friendship with Heather is fascinating because she moved when we were 15 which was before cell phones, internet etc. so somehow, we stayed as close as ever without texting and constant contact. Love your brownies 🙂

• heather August 25, 2015, 10:17 pm

Just saw this now-loved seeing you despite your stomach issues and glad the oatmeal kept you in check. Still laughing about my mother talking to every taxi driver-seriously i should have recorded all the convos-confessions of a front seat passenger-by Fran! Technology back then would have gotten us in trouble-fens and Kwonk would have tracked us down so we were better off-xoxo!!!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 28, 2015, 10:25 am

lol. I am laughing just reading this. I wonder if fina ever made it to the family reunion.