WIAW- not one vegetable in this post

That’s right, vegetables are an afterthought these days.

Overall I have been feeling much better after that virus (which I decided was not a virus but some sort of food poisoning instead) but my stomach remains a bit sensitive which is so hard for someone like me who lives mostly on plant-based foods.

Fruits and vegetables, which I normally thrive on, are not exactly good for me right now and have been reduced to the bare minimum except during my most stubborn moments which yes, I have found to regret within minutes after consuming.

Let’s take a look at what I ate on Monday…

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

Small early morning bowl of oatmeal, banana and peanut butter before my workout.

oatmeal

Once I heat it up, it mashes together the way I like it 🙂

After my workout…

oats in a jar

The usual cold oatmeal mixed with Skoop B-Strong, some berries (I need some fruit, okay?) and peanut butter. Definitely my favorite meal of the day, every day.

I am a really lucky girl because I work with one of my closest friends which means we get to brainstorm and collaborate together fairly often.

Monday morning we worked together from her house for a few hours where she provided me with endless water and coffee.

coffee

No, coffee is not good for a sensitive stomach but I need at least a cup (okay more than a cup) to be polite and go about my day.

Lunch:

A few years back, I lived on a toasted bialy topped with tomato and melted mozzarella cheese as my lunch every single day.

My recent pizza bagel craving sparked the return of the melted mozzarella/plum tomato craving only this time, I used Food For Life’s Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Buns in place of the bialy (a bialy is a type of bagel just in case you didn’t know).

grilled mozzarella cheese

WHO AM I eating cheese lately? I don’t know either. I don’t really like cheese except I guess when I craved pizza and pizza-like things.

I cut up a fresh pineapple for my son and made the mistake of eating a few pieces. Huge mistake actually. I do not recommend you eat any pineapple if your stomach is feeling sensitive. Trust me on this. Even if you think you want it, spare yourself.

pineapple

Dinner:

Dinner has been really simple and plain although I can’t complain about a plate of homemade baked French fries.

baked french fries

Dessert:

Life gets tricky here. Apples are not working for me right now, especially at night, so simple handfuls of chocolate chips have been my snack of choice.

chocolate-chips

I should have included the semi-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s in my  Trader Joe’s Favorites For Runners post yesterday because these chocolate chips are seriously the best.

When a chocolate craving hits, a few handfuls of straight up chocolate chips can really do the trick which is great because who feels like baking and getting all dessert creative all of the time?

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

WIAW - Not one vegetable in this post!#wiaw #recenteats #chocolatechips #oatmeal Click To Tweet

*****************

Favorite simple nighttime snack?

What’s on today’s workout agenda?

Comments

1. says

It’s great to hear you’re over the hump of that virus/food poisoning but sorry your stomach’s still upset. I’m not the best at straying from my usual favourites – lots of vegetables and fruit – even when I know they won’t do me well at that time.
    Cheese isn’t a staple in my diet, either, but every now and then a craving is sparked and your lunch definitely looks good.
    My one everyday meal that I won’t switch up unless at other people’s places/vacation/the likes is my nightly cocoa banana oat bran with almond butter. It never fails to satisfy me.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Date your dietMy Profile

2. says

The one time I had food poisoning I also had fever/chills and it lasted nearly 3 days! It was so hard to get back to normal and I lost a ton of weight as a result. Definitely smart to just focus on the dense stuff and let the veggies and fruit go for now.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW Day in the LifeMy Profile

3. says

As much as I love fruits and veggies, I’ll definitely admit that sometimes my stomach is a lot happier when I don’t eat too many of them… and it’s something I don’t even really notice until I cut back on the healthy stuff and realize that I actually feel better 😆 And cereal will always and forever be my favourite night time snack.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. flourless white chocolate blueberry muffins .My Profile

4. Lizzie says

Aw no apples… 🙁 my fav, and I know you love them too but they def aren’t good for tummy aches!!

My fav night time snack is a bowl of pretzels and dry cereal! (tiny twists, barbaras morning oat squares and frosted mini wheats) YASSS

5. says

I could easily eat oatmeal for every meal. It’s my absolute favourite – cold or hot!! I just got over a virus as well and ate a ton of oatmeal and next to no fruit or veggies!!
    Today’s workout is a speed workout!
    My favourite nighttime snack is freshly popped popcorn… Soooo good! But I’m also guilty of Sneaking a handful of chocolate chips after dinner:)
    So glad you’re feeling better!!
    Grace @ Diary of a Running Snail recently posted…TMI, Green Juice and a RUNMy Profile

6. says

Stomach bugs (or food poisoning) is the worst when you can’t eat what you’re used to eating/what you like. But I’m all about the baked potatoes/homemade “french fries” lately. It’s been my go-to with dinner each night. Hopefully you’re able to start eating normally soon!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…WIAW: What’s NormalMy Profile

7. says

No veggies?! I have days like that, too actually 😉 And hey, doesn’t the USDA consider tomato on pizza a vegetable for school lunches? (*sigh*)

I do have a specific meal I eat almost everyday… Greek yogurt & berries for breakfast! I can’t get enough 🙂
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…San Francisco EatsMy Profile

8. says

YAY for WIAW! I also had one of those days this week – it did have veggies, but also ice cream and beer 🙂

Do you have a specific meal that you like to eat every single day? How long have you been eating it? – Yes, i eat almost the same breakfast every single day. egg whites, veggies and some sorta fruit or add-on like a veggie burger or beans depending on how hungry i am. i eat it 4/5 days a week and have been for a few years.

Favorite simple nighttime snack?
    Candy, cookies, wine, ice cream 🙂

What’s on today’s workout agenda?
    3 mile run with a running buddy and 2 miles on my own.

YAY!