What I Ate Wednesday August 5, 2015

Jumping right into the food if you don’t mind because I need to get out the door super early today to pick my son up from his dad and get him to camp!

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

No english muffins to show you this morning. Back to oatmeal these days,  a little bit before I run with some banana and peanut butter (not pictured) and then a nice big post run bowl which is by far my favorite meal of the day.

oatmeal post run

Cold, cooked oatmeal mixed with berries, Skoop B-Strong and peanut butter.

I lose count of how many mugs of coffee I have in the morning but the other day I did have some Yogi tea for a change. Kava Stress Relief is my favorite flavor.

tea

Lunch:

It’s been a while since I mashed my chick peas with avocado. I was on that kick for lunch for so long and then one day stopped. I brought it back this week only this time I added some Dijon mustard to the mash with a side of roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli and brussels sprouts.

power bowl

Non stop watermelon, non stop.

watermelon

Dinner:

Look at me making something different! Spaghetti squash has been on my mind so I bought a small one at Whole Foods (because it’s not spaghetti squash season which means the price per pound is too high for my liking).

spaghetti squash

It was so incredibly good! I baked the spaghetti squash and then mixed in tomato sauce, topped it with mozzarella cheese and placed it back in the oven to get all bubbly.

I ate half and served it with a side of some of the below veggies from my Italian style power bowl which I prepared at the same time. I got all food preppy the other night, I don’t know who I am.

cast iron italian power bowl

Dessert:

Nothing overly new here HOWEVER I have been making a delicious new peanut butter chocolate chip dip. I think I will share the super simple recipe really soon.

apple with pb

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

What I Ate Wednesday #recenteats #oatmeal @healthyskoop #powerbowl #spaghettisquash #wiaw Click To Tweet

****************

Favorite kind of squash? I love butternut, I think I need to buy one this week!

What dessert have you been enjoying on weeknights lately?

What’s for lunch today?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 5, 2015, 5:20 am

Its been too long since I have had spaghetti squash. I actually haven’t seen it in TJs so thats probably why I have forgotten about it. I also love butternut squash, but I definitely prefer buying it cut up because I find it exhausting to do myself:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Marathon Training WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:30 am

TJ doesn’t have the squash now but they will once they are in season again soon!

• Miss Polkadot August 5, 2015, 5:34 am

Oookay, I want to eat everything you posted. I mean it. That lunch. Hello, cheesy squash for dinner. And all the oatmeal and fruit. Yes, please. I really like to see somebody else who is all about decent serving sizes and lots of produce. Invite me over ;)?
    On a random note: at first I thought your watermelon was grapefruit because the way you cut/chopped it some of the pieces looked like that 😀 .
    A recent weeknight ‘dessert’ though I’d rather call it a snack actually came about because I’m out of coconut flour: Greek yogurt/Quark mixed with PB2, my grandma’s homemade cherry jam, leftover cooked bulgur stirred in and topped with almond butter.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Let’s talk about Instagram.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:29 am

Yes, I like a nice portion size so that I am actually full! My appetite, especially from running, is certainly not small 🙂

• Susie @ SuzLyfe August 5, 2015, 6:56 am

With Lisa, It’s too long since spag squash. aka 3 weeks. I’ve been thinking about it of late and now must. have. it.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Strategy for Rotating Running Shoes (Marathon Training)My Profile

• Ruthie@She'sWickedHealthy August 5, 2015, 7:10 am

All your food looks delish. Hearty and healthy! My favorite meal of the day is my oatmeal, too. Curious – how much do you have pre run as opposed to post? Trying to nail down some running nutrition over here! 🙂
    Ruthie@She’sWickedHealthy recently posted…Workout Wednesday: The Upper Body Pyramid Workout that will set your arms on fire!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 5, 2015, 7:20 am

I think it depends upon what your stomach can handle. I wake up hungry but depending upon how hungry dictates how much I eat. For races I eat a whole bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter and a banana. Most mornings, it’s less than that but really depends on what you personally can run on! I eat more after my run than before though. I don’t measure things unfortunately so I can’t really give exact/ accurate amounts.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 5, 2015, 7:18 am

It’s been way too long since I’ve done spaghetti squash, looks great! Love the power bowl veggies too!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW Paleo Running FuelMy Profile

• Jillie August 5, 2015, 8:26 am

Tis the season to watch all of the watermelon disappear in a matter of hours. Once I start, I won’t stop!
    Jillie recently posted…WIAW #20 – Training the Tummy for FuelMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 5, 2015, 8:57 am

I hear ya on the non-stop watermelon… but for me it’s just been non-stop melon in general. And back when I was still eating squash, I’d say that kabocha was my favourite. Until my stomach started hating it. Le sigh. So good. I miss it 😡
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. chocolate overnight oatmeal smoothie .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:27 am

I remember how much you ate kobocha! I have to watch my squash intake too, totally hurts my stomach if I eat more than a few pieces of butternut but I love it 🙂

• Jessie August 5, 2015, 9:27 am

I don’t remember the last time I made a dish with spaghetti squash or sweet potatoes. Unfortunately both are ridiculously expensive in Kuwait. It actually sucks because Joshua doesn’t eat either so I wouldn’t even have to buy much. How about you just enjoy one or the other for me? 🙂

• Jamie August 5, 2015, 10:07 am

PB chocolate chip dip… yes please. I make a killer butternut squash vegan lasagna in the fall – it’s my absolute favorite but spaghetti squash does the trick in the summer!
    Jamie recently posted…WIAW Random Foods EditionMy Profile

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood August 5, 2015, 11:29 am

For a second I though you had olives in your oatmeal and I wanted to barf, and then I was like, no Morgan, you’re on crack.
    ANYWAY that spaghetti squash looks so good! I do something similar in the winter and add in ground sausage. Love all your roasted veg!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: My Hot DateMy Profile

• Shannon August 5, 2015, 11:39 am

I am not a fan of butternut squash for some reason. I never have liked it. I am always eating frozen yogurt though. That I do love and it is always my dessert of choice 🙂
    Shannon recently posted…Rice Cooker Banana Bread OatmealMy Profile

• Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl August 5, 2015, 11:50 am

Any night dessert = ice cream, all the time.

Favorite squash is probably butternut as well, because I have never tried making my own spaghetti squash because the idea of cutting one open scares me 😉
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…WIAW #21: Sandwiches to SashimiMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:25 am

I microwave the squash first to soften it. Makes a world of difference when you go to cut it open.

• Kayla @ Blondes Have more Run August 5, 2015, 12:54 pm

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day too! Love me a big bowl of oats!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld August 5, 2015, 1:37 pm

I need to tell you my inner Meredith moment I had yesterday. I bought pre packed roasted brussels from the grocery store for no reason and snacked on it. Then my stomach hated me.

I need your stomach of steel!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Creamy Egg White and Pesto Breakfast Pizza + WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:25 am

Haha – definitely not a stomach of steel. I can only eat a few brussels sprouts at a time and if I eat too many fresh roasted vegetables, I am totally uncomfortable. I stick with the frozen vegetables for the most part these days and limit the variety. So hard on the stomach!

• Niki @ Life With Niki August 5, 2015, 4:37 pm

That spaghetti squash looked like the most divine bowl of goodness ever!
    I do not discriminate when it comes to squash, but I gotta say kabocha and butternut squash are definite favorites!
    The starchy veggies are my kind of veggies ;)!
    Niki @ Life With Niki recently posted…WIAW | Active Days and Cookie BitesMy Profile

• Heather@hungryforbalance August 5, 2015, 5:38 pm

Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day. I am always the most excited about it. That spaghetti squash looks delicious!
    Heather@hungryforbalance recently posted…WIAW: brownies made with CHICKPEA FLOUR?!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 7, 2015, 5:23 am

Love breakfast, definitely my favorite time of the day and favorite meal.

• Jessica @ Balance and Thyme August 5, 2015, 6:59 pm

Oh my. I now have a spaghetti squash craving! I can’t wait for all the squash recipes fall brings!
    Jessica @ Balance and Thyme recently posted…What I ate Wednesday #3 and Blue Apron Review!My Profile