Likes & Dislikes

While running the other morning, my mind gravitated towards creating a list of my likes and dislikes.

It got pretty entertaining as I went along because I realized that most of what I do like is followed so closely by what I really don’t like.

Let me explain.

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. I love caffeine.

coffee

I live for my morning cups of caffeinated coffee but I DO NOT like caffeinated tea. It makes me dizzy.

2. I love to run outdoors but I don’t actually like the outdoors.

I will never set out on a hike, I don’t have a garden (and never will), I don’t do plants or dirt, I am not really sure how it is I went to camp, the thought of sitting in the grass right now is making me cringe and I refuse to ever walk outside barefoot (the sand at the beach is a brief exception).

3. I love watching professional sports, especially hockey, but I never liked to play them.

4. I can talk to you at length about the music in my running playlists but I am not a music person. I can take or leave a concert and aside from seeing Big Shot last weekend totally randomly, my last concert was Billy Joel is 1998.

5. I like carrots but the concept of carrot cake is weird to me.

As I have gotten older and less picky,  I will admit that carrot cake may have an appealing flavor but it will never be my first (or second) choice.

6. I love chocolate but usually don’t like chocolate ice cream.

7. On a similar note, while I adore coffee, I refuse to ever let my spoon touch coffee ice cream.

Should my sundae accidentally contain coffee ice cream, I will request that it be remade correctly.

Friendly's Crowd Pleaser

Trust me – I will find the coffee ice cream flavor even if it is hidden among the other 12 scoops in the Friendly’s Crowd Pleaser sundae and I will send the whole thing back to be made properly.

8. I used to hate getting the mail from my mailbox but never had issue with checking my email.

Now, everything has changed. I am learning to like my mailbox (cards! checks! discount cards! store circulars!) and want nothing to do with my inbox (bills, work, people looking for instant response).

9. I like getting up early in the morning and I am definitely a morning person but I don’t actually like talking or being polite until I have had some time to adjust to the day.

10. I like to bake and get creative with my ingredients but when it comes to cooking, I prefer easy, simple and routine.

This was a fun list to make! I want to hear your likes and dislikes 🙂 Do you agree with any of mine?

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

LIkes & Dislikes #thinkingoutloud #coffee #icecream #email @runwithspoons Click To Tweet

**********

Coffee or tea?

Favorite ice cream flavor? Least favorite flavor?

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

• Alexa @ The Mindful Maritimer July 16, 2015, 6:56 am

I am SO with you with on the chocolate ice cream. I’m a vanilla girl through and through. Coffee all day everyday, tea.. sometimes not my favorite though. My least favorite ice cream has to be orange pineapple.. gross !
    Alexa @ The Mindful Maritimer recently posted…Berry Mini Protein LoavesMy Profile

• Courtney @ Running For Cupcakes July 16, 2015, 7:38 am

I agree, chocolate ice cream is the worst! But I love chocolate. I don’t think I’ve ever tried coffee ice cream so I don’t have an opinion there!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:53 am

And I don’t think you should even bother to ever try coffee ice cream!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 16, 2015, 8:09 am

You and Adam have identical ice cream/chocolate quirks 🙂 He can’t stand coffee ice cream or chocolate ice cream, but drinks 3 coffees a day and loves chocolate. I actually love coffee ice cream! An old favorite is the Ben & Jerry’s coffee heath bar crunch. Also, I think part of living in our area is having a hard time with the outdoors! My parents are the same way, I’m not much better!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…NYC Marathon Training Plan and GoalsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:52 am

Hmm so what do you think it is about our area that made us this way? I am so intrigued that perhaps we can blame it on our surroundings lol

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine July 16, 2015, 8:20 am

I am also a morning person but I don’t like talking to anyone until after I have coffee and went running. My mom is a morning person but likes to talk immediately after waking up. It gets difficult when I stay with her and we are both up at 5:30am but have much different agendas:)
    I just found out I might be going to see Billy Joel next weekend! I’m not really a concern person, but I love seeing him live!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…5k Thoughts And A Few Other ThingsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:52 am

I used to have that issue with my mom when I lived at home – stop trying to talk to me!!!

• Shannon July 16, 2015, 8:20 am

I love coffee flavorings, but don’t like plain coffee. But I like chocolate ice cream 🙂
    Shannon recently posted…Powdered Sugar Donut HolesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:51 am

For years I only drank vanilla flavored coffee but then graduated to plain.

• Jamie July 16, 2015, 9:22 am

Neither coffee or tea! I’m all about seltzer… anything fizzy please 🙂
    Best ice cream flavor = karmel sutra core (Ben & Jerry’s)
    Least favorite = mocha chocolate chip

And I’m totally a morning person. If I could start my day at 530 AM and end it at 3PM I would be one very happy lady 🙂
    Jamie recently posted…Death of Conversation – TOLTMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns July 16, 2015, 10:03 am

No coffee ice cream!? WHAT!! That’s my favorite. Very disappointed in you Meredith!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Quick and Easy Breakfast IdeasMy Profile

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner July 16, 2015, 10:23 am

I love the idea of this post! I laughed out loud on a few of them 🙂 I am opposite though – I love carrot cake – have no interest in touching carrots.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:50 am

How about cheesecake? I am not a fan really of either but like actual cheese over cheesecake for sure.

• Kelsey July 16, 2015, 10:31 am

What a fun idea and great way to pass the time while running! I can completely relate on #9 and am the opposite of you for #10!

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood July 16, 2015, 10:39 am

YES on the mailbox/inbox thing. Seriously, the whole people looking for an immediate response thing STRESSES ME OUT so much.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…The Unexpected Lesson From My Pregnancy ScareMy Profile

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl July 16, 2015, 10:43 am

Totally with you on 6, 9, and 10. I love dark chocolate – dark chocolate bars, PB cups, covered berries, chips – but NOT chocolate ice cream. And I’m an early riser but don’t try talking to me BEFORE my run.

I tend only to drink decaf coffee or tea now, because I cut out all caffeine after around 8/8:30am due to insomnia issues and it seems to help. I really like the growing array of decaf K cup flavors, the ‘Crazy Cups’ brand has some delicious ones!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #19: Breakfast, Brunch, and BrinnerMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 16, 2015, 11:49 am

Ohh I have never tried Crazy Cups- I will look for it. So funny that we are morning people but don’t really want to be spoken to until after we run. I am te same way.

• Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me July 16, 2015, 11:41 am

Number 9 is me to a tee. I need my mornings more than anything, but I also enjoy them most when I am alone. Give me an hour and a half, and then I’ll be your friend. 🙂
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…Advice for Your Younger SelfMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 16, 2015, 12:19 pm

6 and 7 — YES! Omigosh. I can’t stand chocolate ice cream. I like it when vanilla ice cream has chocolate chunks or fudge in it, but straight up chocolate? Never. It was always the last flavour to be finished off if we ever ended up getting neapolitan too 😆 So much fail in that one. And I hear ya on being a morning person as long as you don’t have to be polite. This is why I love waking up alone.

• Niki @ Life With Niki July 16, 2015, 1:39 pm

While we are very similar on some of these, we are the complete opposites on others! How does one not enjoy chocolate ice-cream? That boggles my mind ;). I am also the opposite when it comes to sports- I hate watch yet enjoy playing a lot! I am the same when it comes to baking/cooking though, extravagant sweets yet simple eats.
    Niki @ Life With Niki recently posted…Five Reasons Why It’s Difficult For A Muslim In Health And FitnessMy Profile

• Emily July 16, 2015, 1:40 pm

This is funny. 🙂 I couldn’t imagine not liking the outdoors, but as they say, ‘different strokes for different folks.’ 😉

Number 4 is one I kind of resonate with. Even though I like to listen to music while I run, it’s not essential to me the rest of the time. However if people do turn on the tunes, I don’t mind rockin’ around the kitchen.
    Emily recently posted…Thinking out Loud – Why Icecream is Good.My Profile

• Kylie McGraw July 16, 2015, 3:22 pm

I agree! I love mornings but if my phone rings and I have to talk to someone, I scowl! Ha! I laughed out loud at your coffee ice cream comment…you just know what you like 🙂

• Jennifer l. July 16, 2015, 7:34 pm

Hmm favorite ice cream??? Oh man, I usually got with a flavor that has tasty stuff mixed in…like cookies n cream or peanut butter chocolate. I do love a Salted Caramel flavor for froyo. butter pecan is also really good but not #1. Can you see I like ice cream?
    I don’t have an issue so much with chocolate ice cream as I do with chocolate cake! I prefer white cake over chocolate any day…guess I’ve had too many lackluster chocolate cakes.

I am a total morning person. I wake up at 4:30 a.m. most weekdays. That’s my workout “me” time.

• Allegra July 16, 2015, 9:23 pm

Number 9 and 10 100%.
    I love love the mornings for my quite me time…do not talk to me!!
    And I enjoy baking, but for cooking it has to be uncomplicated and quick.

• Meredith @ ImRunningWithErasers July 16, 2015, 10:56 pm

Clever post! I am definitely a coffee drinker – dealing with 28 kids each day (I’m a teacher) means I need my energy! My favorite ice cream flavor is Strawberry-real original I know! I am a night owl during the summer, but during the school year I am a morning person. I’m glad I found your blog!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 17, 2015, 5:54 am

I am right there with you on the morning person business. Those first few hours are my way to kick off the day and I love my peace and quiet and prefer solitude in the wee hours.

Thank god you don’t want instant email replies. Insert emoji here of monkey covering her eyes. 🙂

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes July 18, 2015, 3:04 am

I’m with you on the chocolate ice cream, not a fan at all but LOVE chocolate!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 19, 2015, 4:25 pm

There’s just something not so exciting about chocolate ice cream as compared to an actual piece of chocolate.

Next post: