What I Ate Wednesday 7/8/15

I went food shopping Monday afternoon to restock the kitchen but I swear, I am always restocking the kitchen!

List or no list, I never seem to get everything I need or really, enough of everything I need.

groceries

I bought more black beans and chickpeas because I haven’t been eating them as often and figured I better start eating  them again for protein. I came home to put them away in the pantry and saw I had a few cans of each already stacked on the shelf. Ah well, it’s not like they go bad, right?

I always need berries, I never buy enough spinach and suddenly my pantry was out of raisins and cranberries (which I didn’t understand) so I picked up a package of each.

I bought the giant raisins this time around – love this kind!

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast #1:

oatmeal

Early morning pre-run oatmeal with banana in an ice cream bowl because all of my other bowls were in the dishwasher waiting to be cleaned.

Breakfast #2:

oats in a jar

How pretty are the layered colors of my post-run oats in a jar? The usual mix of cooked (cold) oatmeal with berries, Skoop B-Strong, peanut butter and some plain greek yogurt for extra protein.

Lunch:

I am not your average lunch eater. I know this. I am completely satisfied with simple, almost childish, breakfast for lunch type foods and have little issue repeating the same flavors over and over again throughout the day.

I was craving a severely toasted English muffin. The craving was specific to the toasted part, not so much the muffin part.

toasted english muffin

Done up all nice with peanut butter, banana and blueberries.

english muffin with peanut butter and blueberries

Oh so good. You can’t sit there and say you aren’t now craving one of these too.

Dinner:

A loaded baked potato is a perfect dinner when you aren’t in the mood to cook but want something healthy and satisfying.

loaded sweet potato

Baked sweet potato on the bottom topped with spinach, roasted frozen broccoli, a few roasted Brussels sprouts and chickpeas topped with avocado and peach salsa (the best from Trader Joe’s!).

I think my loaded baked potatoes are better than Potatopia’s. Just saying.

Dessert:

Never gets old. Never.

apple with pb

Granny smith apple sprinkled with cinnamon served with a mix of peanut butters and chocolate chips.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

*Please remember that I don’t include every bite that ends up in my mouth during the course of a day. I can’t possibly keep track and photograph every extra apple slice, watermelon cube, carrot stick dipped in hummus or second (sometimes third) serving of the foods that I eat or how often I take handfuls of chocolate chips from the pantry 🙂

What I Ate Wednesday #oatmeal #peanutbutter #traderjoes #wiaw Click To Tweet

*****************

Breakfast for lunch or breakfast for dinner?

What did you have for dinner last night?

Pick one – pancakes, french toast or waffles?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe July 8, 2015, 7:15 am

Breakfast for lunch, or like I did the other weekend, breakfast for everything!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Colonoscopy Prep Clear Liquid Diet Day Ideas #WiawMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 8, 2015, 8:17 am

Breakfast for dinner! And I think I’d have to choose waffles. Love how they get crispy and I’m not the biggest pancake fan. And same for me with groceries, even with a list I wind up without something I need!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Just Another Grain Free Monday – WIAW Paleo FoodMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:55 pm

I am absolutely always out of something. Or close to out of something so I am forever food shopping. It’s terrible.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine July 8, 2015, 8:34 am

As soon as I saw that picture of the English muffins with pb and fruit I was immediately craving one, and then I had to laugh when I read your next sentence:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Just Another Running Survey…My Profile

• Jamie July 8, 2015, 9:09 am

Breakfast for all meals! : ) I had a protein smoothie last night after run club – it was so hot and humid I couldn’t even start thinking about eating/cooking anything else. And I’m a total waffles girl. I love sectioning the butter/syrup into each little tiny waffle square. It becomes far more amusing to me than it should be!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:54 pm

I always enjoyed frozen yogurt on Belgian waffles at the diner. Delicious!

• Suzy July 8, 2015, 9:10 am

Breakfast for everything! I need to find a decent salsa around here to put on my food. We don’t have TJ here, so I’ll have to be resourceful. That loaded baked sweet potato looks perfect!
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Brain FreezeMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns July 8, 2015, 9:54 am

Looks great! When I’m working from home (on Fridays) I usually have breakfast for all my meals for some reason. I make a big skillet of potatoes, eggs and bacon/sausage (whatever I have) then eat it all day mixed with some kinds of vegetables..either some greens or salsa or something.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:53 pm

I tend to want breakfast for lunch more often when I work at home – maybe we just get thrown off on time when working from home?

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 8, 2015, 10:16 am

Breakfast for every meal of the day 😛 I’m totally the same and am perfectly satisfied with simple foods and flavours. Actually, I think I do better that way since my stomach seems to have less issues with that kind of thing. And I’m pretty sure that dinner last night was beans, rice, veggies, and guac. Never gets old. Never 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. protein rice krispie treats .My Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner July 8, 2015, 11:36 am

You know I’m not a normal lunch eater either. I hate traditional lunch foods so I make myself pita pizzas or salads most days. Simple is better. I want to say I like breakfast for dinner but that’s probably the one time of day I want a more savory meal.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…My “First” Fourth of JulyMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:51 pm

You and me both – I rarely, if ever, have breakfast for dinner. Probably because I eat it all day long.

• Shannon July 8, 2015, 11:42 am

Breakfast for dinner! I eat breakfast for dinner quite often. It is so easy when you are short on time.
    Shannon recently posted…Crock Pot Banana BreadMy Profile

• Niki @ Life With Niki July 8, 2015, 12:52 pm

Loving your lunch- english muffins + nut butter + fruit = perfection.
    I would have to go with breakfast for dinner- because it just feels even more rebellious 😉
    Last night for dinner I had some lovely chicken, rice, and brussel sprouts… call me crazy but I love them too!
    Waffles are of course number one for me… their shape makes them that much more fun, especially when they’re crispy!
    Niki @ Life With Niki recently posted…When You’re The Only One Eating + WIAW snacksMy Profile

• Emma @ Em-powered Wellness July 8, 2015, 1:21 pm

I swear, half of foodie bloggers are all about breakfast. Pancakes > waffles usually, but maybe that’s just because I usually burn waffles when I try to make them.
    Emma @ Em-powered Wellness recently posted…WIAW : Half Dome editionMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:50 pm

I have always loved breakfast, must be the sweet tooth side of me. Favorite meal of the day!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld July 8, 2015, 1:36 pm

“I can’t possibly keep track and photograph every extra apple slice, watermelon cube, carrot stick dipped in hummus or second (sometimes third) serving of the foods that I eat or how often I take handfuls of chocolate chips from the pantry”

How dare you 😉
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy No Bake Cheesecake CookiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:49 pm

lol – I owe you an email. Michele and I were just discussing how and when to meet up with you in the city!

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl July 8, 2015, 1:59 pm

I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day and often do. Eggs, pancakes, fruit and yogurt and peanut butter, oats – what could be better?
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #18: Sweet Summer EatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 8, 2015, 4:49 pm

OMG – nothing is better! Ok, maybe chocolate cake. Add chocolate cake and nothing is better! lol

• Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks July 8, 2015, 4:16 pm

I love breakfast foods for lunch or dinner! Especially eggs 🙂
    Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks recently posted…WIAW – Traveling to Olympia EditionMy Profile