WIAW- A Day Of Eats

I love to view the search engine terms each day in my blog analytics because what leads readers to my site is really amusing.

Just yesterday, someone googled the following and found my blog:

Is eating cake for lunch bad?

If you were interested in my opinion, eating cake for lunch is not bad. Not bad at all.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Sometimes I think about not having oatmeal before I run but I quickly realize that would be just wrong so I proceed as usual.

oatmeal

Oatmeal with mashed banana, a few blueberries, cinnamon and a small amount of peanut butter mixed in, served slightly warm. I wasn’t in the mood for piping hot.

The last time I ate something other than oatmeal before I ran (I think it was Ezekiel toast with peanut butter) I wasn’t as satisfied and got hungry during my run.

Oatmeal just works for me, pre and post run…

oatmeal

More oatmeal mixed with berries, banana, Skoop B-Strong and peanut butter.

Lately for lunch, at least when I eat at home, I keep things really sweet and simple.

PB & J on English muffins or smoothies have been the trend but the other day I actually wanted a salad.

I thought about it carefully, making sure it was really what I wanted and then I quickly threw some stuff together.

oatmeal

Spinach, cucumbers, my favorite steamfresh veggie mix (broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts and carrots), chick peas, hummus, brown rice and avocado.

Of course then I needed something sweet.

apples with pb

Diced pink lady apple with Trader Joe’s Crunchy Flax & Chia Peanut Butter.

I ate my “lunch dessert” while baking my famous oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies.

I had a shiva call to attend (so sad) and I knew bringing my cookies would help to brighten the day as best as possible.

oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies

While I chug water all day long, sometimes I am extra thirsty and water isn’t enough so I go for hydrating fruits or vegetables, like cucumbers.

cucumbers

So this is interesting. When I bake, I don’t sample the cookies as they bake or eat the raw dough but when I cook dinner? I nibble away.

Zero control.

sweet potatoes and broccoli

Roasted sweet potatoes and roasted frozen broccoli pretty much became my dinner straight from the oven. I meant to plate it up with black beans and avocado but, um, yeah < – real life on display right here.

Really simple yet satisfying dessert:

dessert

Just try not to eat the whole bag of chocolate chips or the entire jar of peanut butter, okay?

It’s pouring out this morning which means gym day over running outside. Elliptical maybe? We will see!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

WIAW- A Day Of Eats #wiaw #oatmeal #peanutbutter #eats Click To Tweet

***********

Are you known for any of your recipes? Which one?

Do you like to have something sweet after lunch?

Do you get a lot of random (and funny) search engine terms to your blog?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe July 1, 2015, 6:46 am

I have something sweet throughout the day. I have to have at least a little bit of chocolate or sweets after just about anything savory. You know me, I’m all about the balance. And I’m someone who i totally a nibbler–during the baking, after the baking, but if it is a whole cookie, I’m much less likely to nibble at it.
    Oh hell. That’s a lie.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…It is So Ordered Pt 2: Breakfast Food #WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 1, 2015, 10:34 am

I like to take pieces of random cookies rather than finish one whole cookie. Makes no sense, I know.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 1, 2015, 8:14 am

I used to be known for potato salad and cheesecakes back in the day! Love how people turn to google to answer life’s most important questions, so funny 🙂 Also I’m into sweet potatoes this week too, and choc, and nut butter.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW Paleo Carbs and TreatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 1, 2015, 10:33 am

Isn’t it funny that someone asked google if they can have cake for lunch? I love it lol. PS – glad you are feeling better.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine July 1, 2015, 8:18 am

My search terms are always pretty random- usually some combination of running, wine, and paleo. I never taste my food as I am cooking. Rob thinks I am so weird because whenever I bake or cook or prepare something he will ask me how it came out and I’ll say that I don’t know because I didn’t try it. I figure at that point I already made it so whether or not its good we will still be eating it!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…A Look Back at June 2015My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 1, 2015, 10:32 am

I can bake without sampling but I have no will power around the roasted vegetables or potatoes. It’s a struggle for me to make my son chicken and not sample it to see if it’s good but I stopped eating chicken so there’s that!

• Gretchen | Gretchruns July 1, 2015, 9:39 am

Love all your food! Looks so great 🙂 In my family, I’m known for making desserts. At every family gathering I’m always asked to bring the dessert, and I always test out new recipes. A favorite is my chocolate caramel pie, which is a layer of caramel, pecans on top, and then topped with some semisweet chocolate. So good and really easy!

I just checked some search words and a few were so ridiculous! Here are my favorites: “placebo junkies”, “big butt road trip”(wth?), “kraft mac and cheese spongebob”(my favorite kind), “veins on eyelids” (yup got those). That was fun 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Monthly Goals : JulyMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 1, 2015, 9:46 am

I’m actually back to eating oatmeal for breakfast and not hating it. Figures that it would happen in the middle of summer when temps are crazy warm 😆 And I’m pretty sure I need something sweet after ALL my meals. It doesn’t take much, but I definitely need it to feel fully satisfied, otherwise I’ll be prowling the kitchen in not too long looking for something.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – july 2015 .My Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner July 1, 2015, 10:09 am

For me I don’t really crave anything sweet during the day. I drink my hot chocolate at breakfast but any more sugar than that and it’s just too much for me. Then obviously I go ham after dinner lol
    And I am most definitely not known for any recipes considering I don’t know how to cool haha

p.s. cake is perfectly acceptable for lunch. No judgment from me whatsoever to whoever searched for it.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…WIAW: A Day in the LifeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 1, 2015, 10:30 am

I always need something sweet at night too. And yes to cake for lunch .Sometimes, it is really necessary!

• Miss Polkadot July 1, 2015, 10:35 am

One of these days you’ll convince me to give salads for lunch [or anytime, really] a try. I’m a hot lunch-person and not a salad fan [don’t worry, I eat my vegetables ;)] but now that it’s supposed to get really hot … who knows?!
    It’s funny. I never used to have something sweet after lunch but these past weeks it’s truly become a habit. I just crave it. Usually chocolate with some peanut butter – sweet and salty match – for dipping.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Why Intuitive Eating is Making Me SadMy Profile

• Jamie July 1, 2015, 10:37 am

In the fall I will always make my family butternut squash, vegan lasagna. Although they are meat and cheese lovers, they think it’s pretty flavorful and far healthier! Don’t worry I plan on posting the recipe next time I make it : ) And for desserts, I’m known for my apple crumble or pecan pie. I really think I should’ve been a baker… And post lunch, right around 3 I need a mid-workday pick me up. So I tend to snack on four small bark thin bites (dark chocolate and sea salt almonds are my favorite)
    Jamie recently posted…WIAW – DiayaMy Profile

• Shannon July 1, 2015, 11:34 am

I want something sweet at all times of the day 🙂 I am not much of a savory person at all.
    Shannon recently posted…4th of July Recipe RoundupMy Profile

• Jessie July 1, 2015, 12:17 pm

Yes your bedtime snack is delicious, but you MUST try a spoonful of cookie butter with some dried bananas on top. It’s out of this world awesome!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 2, 2015, 10:15 am

I think I have a jar of cookie butter in my pantry still! Wonder if it’s still good.

• Cookie Yi July 1, 2015, 1:47 pm

I’m the same way. I never sample the cookie dough or cookies when I bake but I “taste test” like an entire meal worth when I cook especially if there’s wine involved!
    Cookie Yi recently posted…A Cookbook FULL of Deviled Eggs! (Review)My Profile

• Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl July 1, 2015, 3:15 pm

Crunch time is the best (of course Bee’s Knees and Maple are also amazing PB&Co flavors) especially when smeared on a Pink Lady apple – my favorite kind!
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…WIAW #17: Summer Salads, Seafood & SundaesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Is there anything better than an apple with peanut butter? Such a great snack any time of the day.

• Heatjer July 1, 2015, 5:32 pm

I’ve asked before but couldn’t remember what you said:) which dvd is your favorite that you do if I were to order one?

Thank you so much! heather

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 2, 2015, 10:17 am

I rotate the Mile High Series and The Studio Series. Mile High is 35 minutes long and perfect for hitting the whole workout in a short amount of time. I really like the Studio Series too (45 minutes because it uses light weights for the arm section and gives you a slightly longer workout. I may be ordering the new 60 minute workout (which gives you online access to the routine for a year). I recommend any of these but do advise you take a barre class in a studio first in order to get an idea of the routine before throwing yourself into it at home 🙂

• LJ July 1, 2015, 6:30 pm

Hi. Love your blog and have been following for a while but never commented. I eat the right foods but I have no control when it comes to portion sizes. How do you prepare/measure out your oatmeal? It looks like a very small portion.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 2, 2015, 5:32 am

Hi! I usually make four servings of oatmeal at a time and them store them individually in bowls. I like to eat before I run each morning but don’t eat a full bowl unless it’s a race or I am crazy nauseous hungry because the less in my stomach the better (for races, I have more time to digest because I eat a few hours before race time). After my run, I have more oatmeal and how much is in the bowl depends upon how many miles I ran/my appetite. I mix it with lots of other things and if I want more, I take more. I don’t really have an exact measurement science to it, I wish I did to better answer the question 🙂

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables July 2, 2015, 7:21 am

Ohh I haven’t tried Trader Joe’s Crunchy Flax & Chia Peanut Butter yet. Do you like it better than their regular peanut butter?? I’ll have to check it out next time!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 2, 2015, 7:23 am

It’s my favorite! I usually eat PB & Co. Crunch time but I must admit, the TJ one is at the top of my list!