Let’s Catch Up

I know I am a blogger but that does not mean I like computers or understand technology.

I had a super close call with a computer virus Friday afternoon and since then, I have been trying to keep my computer running smoothly but it’s really not cooperating.

Computers test my patience more than my son does and things are still not working 100% so please bear with me this week!

Anyway, let’s catch up a bit while my computer allows me to type and share some pictures.

The food:

I had the Smart Fit salad from Cosi which might be one of my new favorites.

smart fit salad

Kale, romaine, roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, roasted corn, black beans, roasted peppers, carrots and scallions. There was so much flavor without the dressing that when you tasted it with the dressing, it masked the goodness of the ingredients.

I also had this similar yet different yet delicious salad from Corner Bakery Cafe. I don’t know what it’s called but it had quinoa, black beans, corn and avocado involved which means it was real good.

corner-bakery-salad

I was really at Corner Bakery for the desserts.

Check out this Monster M&M Cookie.

m&m-cookie

This cookie was as delicious as it appears. All of Corner Bakery’s cookies are awesome (I know this because I have tried them all).

They are so soft and chewy, just how I like them, with that homemade flavor that only a really good cookie can produce.

I ordered the Monster M&M Cookie but couldn’t pass up the mini bundt cakes all covered in chocolate fudge frosting so I ordered one of those as well.

Okay maybe I had two of them but like really, how could you not? I mean, why run all of those miles every day if you aren’t going in cash in on your caloric expenditure?

m&m cupcake

Looking at this fudge frosted cupcake from Saturday is reminding me about my chocolate craving from Friday night.

I was experiencing an intense need for chocolate even after having some gelato (no picture, sorry) so I got a small cup of frozen yogurt covered in a large amount of chocolate crunchies and chocolate chips which hit the spot.

frozen yogurt

I have a feeling that Friday morning’s long run caused the extra dessert craving. Runger (combined with PMS) is real, don’t let anyone tell you that it isn’t!

The sights:

Long Beach right before sundown with no editing to the photo since my computer decided to stop allowing me to edit my pictures.
Long Beach

A few more pictures from my Bethpage State Park trail run on Saturday.

trail run

I may run outdoors all of the time but I don’t actually like the real outdoors.

I tried not to look around much just in case I saw something unusual such as large insect or animal other than a squirrel, like a snake or something.

Not that Long Island is known for their snakes but who knows what lurks in all of that greenery and dirt.

trail run

But it was fun, I will admit it. The trail was a nice change of scenery and I didn’t get eaten by anything.

Running

Not that you can tell from the above photo but I am wearing one of my back up pairs of Adidas Energy Boosts.

I am rotating two pairs of Boosts at the moment but found at least seven pairs of old Boosts in my closet the other day as I was attempting to clean it out and reorganize (again).

closet

They are currently sitting in a bag in my trunk waiting to be donated at my local running store (they have a bin for old sneakers – I forget the charity/company name that they are donated to but will tell you as soon as I make my way over there).

My main focus at the moment is my computer.

computer

I think I better go for a run before I lose my mind from the recurring message on this screen.

Have a great Monday!

[bctt tweet=”Let’s catch up with weekend stuff #running #cookies #salad #sneakers @cornerbakery #cosi”]

*************************

Favorite frosting for cupcakes? Chocolate fudge!

Do you donate your old running shoes?

Top craving after long runs and/or PMS time?

• Tina Muir June 22, 2015, 6:22 am

Ohhhh Corner bakery Cafe, I miiiisssss that place so much! Yes, their desserts are incredible, I have had both those before, and they are so good! My heart belongs to their chilled swiss oatmlea though, I love that. That salad from Cosi sounds good, and we DO have one of those nearby, so will have to check that out! Have a wonderful Monday friend!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday-Hawaiian Vegetable RiceMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 7:53 am

I saw that they have that oatmeal on their menu and I love it! It’s a hard find around these parts so I must get back there for breakfast.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 22, 2015, 6:53 am

So every time that I go to Cosi they mess up my order. I ordered the Smart Fit salad last time, and half of the things were left off. So I’ve given up on them. Good luck with your computer! I had to restore mine not to long ago, and that seemed to help. Fingers crossed.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Keep Calm and Call Mom (and Dad) + Gym Tan Laundry #MIMMMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:40 pm

I hate when restaurants are forever screwing up. This salad was so good that I want you to try one more time for them to get it right! Or just make it from home – the ingredients are simple enough 🙂

• jill conyers June 22, 2015, 7:55 am

We have very similar taste in salads. Both look delicious. After a long run I always crave salt. Chocolate makes me happy any time 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…Total Body No Excuses HIIT Workout 5My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 22, 2015, 8:11 am

I would definitely go with chocolate frosting too! And I always try to donate my old running shoes either at races or my local running store…but last year one of my 5th grade girls wore the same size as me and needed shoes on field day so I brought an old pair and let her keep them, so that worked out well. I usually crave chocolate, but right after a long run or race I will more likely crave salty foods.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Cape Cod Wedding WeekendMy Profile

• Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl June 22, 2015, 8:42 am

I’m headed to the genius Bar today because of similar computer issues…I am a total Luddite for my generation too despite being a blogger!
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts + Updates 6/15-6/21My Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns June 22, 2015, 8:52 am

Totally agree- chocolate fudge is the best! I prefer the frosting over the actual cake/cupcake.

I run on trails all the time and I still get nervous about animals attacking me! I carry mace with me when I run on trails just in case. You can never be too careful! Good luck with your computer 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:36 pm

I absolutely prefer the frosting over the cake! I usually leave most of the cake parts over on my plate 🙂

• Jamie June 22, 2015, 9:13 am

Cream cheese frosting!! Especially on red velvet cake/cupcakes!! I always crave lots of sugar/chocolate and carbohydartes when I’m PMS’ing but after a long run I’m all about smoothies and nut butter. : ) Hope you have a fabulous Monday and better luck with your computer!!
    Jamie recently posted…GrrrrrrMondayMy Profile

• Suzy June 22, 2015, 10:07 am

That’s pretty crazy that you’d write about these shoes because I just won a pair of Adidas Boosts over the weekend, and I had never heard of them before! I have a voucher, so I guess I pick a colour and size and they ship it to me. I’m not sure. I’m dedicated to my Asics Nimbus but it will be good to try something new!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage Monday: Longest Day Road RaceMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:34 pm

OMG they are my most favorite running shoes ever! I have been wearing them for almost two years now, I just keep getting a fresh pair every few months! I want to say you will love them but we all have different feet. I can’t imagine running the bulk of my miles in any other shoe. The most comfortable ever. If you like the Nimbus I do think you can love these. I went from the Nimbus to the Boosts. The Nimbus were comfortable but not “the shoe” for me anymore but they are both a neutral and on same level.

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 22, 2015, 12:39 pm

I’m a chocolate fudge frosting person, too! I don’t really like vanilla but chocolate frosting, I’m all about! 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:32 pm

Me too! I don’t care for the vanilla, sometimes I will eat it, sometimes I like a whipped cream frosting but my first choice is always the chocolate!

• Lish June 22, 2015, 2:44 pm

Looks like a peaceful and scenic run. Also, I am having major salad envy after looking at both of those salads. Hang in there with the computer stuff…they can be such a pain!!
    Lish recently posted…Birthday weekend off the gridMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:31 pm

I thought of you on this running path because it’s so not me to run on trails or paths and you do this sort of stuff all of the time! It was nice though and a pretty change of scenery.

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 22, 2015, 2:51 pm

We are so the same with our eating habits. I LOVE the soft and chewy cookies. You have me craving a Safeway one right now. I might get a couple on my way home haha I’m actually a super outdoorsy person but there better not be any bugs/animals in my way or I will flip.

I like to think I’m pretty good with technology but sometimes i Just can’t handle it. So annoying. Hopefully your computer cooperates this week!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Training 6/14-6/20My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2015, 4:30 pm

I think that I know than I claim when it comes to computers and tech stuff but I hate it all! I get so frustrated and would prefer someone to fix it all for me. I am hoping to get things back to normal soon. I just remembered I need to email you back! I am going to shortly.

• Niki @Life With Nikii June 22, 2015, 3:38 pm

Too much cookie goodness to handle! I would definitely have to stick with chocolate coating as well! Although I do have a weakness for caramel and butterscotch ;).
    Niki @Life With Nikii recently posted…Why Can’t YOU be happy? Movies And ThoughtsMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 22, 2015, 7:20 pm

Chocolate always and forever. I may not be huge on frosting, but I like the chocolate kind more than any other. And I don’t think I’d ever turn down a chance to eat more of it… especially at that time of the month. As for computer problems… Ugh. I hate them. I know how weird it feels when you’re not working with your own stuff, so I hope things clear up soon!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 6/21 .My Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld June 22, 2015, 7:51 pm

This week looks like it will be crazy but next week…if your free we’re on! Especially seeing as I saw your insta with Maoz and the one I passed by the other day only had felafel and lettuce lol! that cookie…So proud you tried them all 😉
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Birthdays, recipes and walking for your dinnerMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 23, 2015, 4:23 am

One of these days we are totally going to Maoz. Let’s try to figure it out for soon – it’s crazy this week and next but then should get better and things will slow down. How could Maoz be out of food?!

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood June 22, 2015, 8:23 pm

Oh god, that cookie. I need one now!! I’ve never been to either of those plces but I may need to scope em out!!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Best of the Weekend + Happy AnniversaryMy Profile

• Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks June 23, 2015, 4:31 pm

If me and my co-workers are going to Cosi, I always grab the smart fit salad as well!
    Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks recently posted…Red, White, and BlondiesMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 23, 2015, 9:08 pm

Computer issues are the worst. So sorry you’re dealing with that, although thankfully you had some good desserts to help ease the pain. Mmm, that cookie and those salads. I love a big bowl of greens when it has the right fixins.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 24, 2015, 1:53 pm

Nothing like an amazing salad loaded with the good stuff 🙂 Hate computers, still working on it!

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes June 23, 2015, 9:14 pm

I think my top craving after a long run is an omelet!! Weird I know, but it really hits the spot!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 24, 2015, 1:52 pm

Not weird! Most people want eggs after a run, I am just too sweet toothed to have one!