What I Ate Tuesday (yesterday)

I woke up and thought it was Saturday. Am I the only one ready for the weekend?

Anyway, let’s take a look at what I ate yesterday, which was Tuesday, in case you are as confused as I am as to what day of the week it is lately.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Pre-run Breakfast:

unnamed (118)

I cut up the banana into the oatmeal after taking this picture. And of course, I added peanut butter too.

Post-run Breakfast:

oatmeal

Cold cooked oatmeal mixed with fresh berries, Skoop B-Strong and peanut butter. Remember you can get 20% off your Skoop B-Strong, A-Game and B-Lovely order by using the code BAG20 at checkout through the month of June!

My strawberry allergy hasn’t been bothering me which is nice. Oral Allergies are weird like that — sometimes they are there and sometimes you can eat something that usually bothers you without having a reaction. I know I should be careful but I just love fresh berries in my oatmeal.

Lunch:

I had to be in the city around 11:00 am for a meeting so I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread to take along with me just in case I was hungry.

I ate it while walking back to my car after the meeting.

pb&j on ezekiel bread

Part of me wanted to stop for a city bite to eat and the other part of me knew it was smarter to just hit the road before I found myself in early rush hour traffic.

When I got home, I made a really quick smoothie.

smoothie

Frozen blueberries and banana plus Skoop, spinach, ice and peanut butter.

Dinner:

My favorite.

BBQ ranch salad

Dessert:

Sometimes you really need a nice slice of chocolate cake.

Hershey Bar Cheesecake

I am not just saying that to be cute. I really do need chocolate cake on a regular basis and last night’s Hershey Bar Chocolate Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory totally fulfilled my craving.

I don’t typically like cheesecake but this cheesecake variety is so chocolately and loaded with fudgy goodness that I can’t even classify it as a cheesecake.

I enjoyed every bite. Totally hit the spot and made me smile 🙂

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

What I Ate Yesterday #wiaw @cheesecakefactory #chocolatecake Click To Tweet

*******************

Is there one food that your body “needs” like mine needs chocolate cake?

Do you like cheesecake? What kind?

Favorite night time snack lately?

• jill conyers June 17, 2015, 6:15 am

Chips and salsa. I’m sure it’s a need and not just a want. Dark chocolate falls in that category too 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…Celebrate Being A WomanMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 17, 2015, 9:54 am

I think peanut butter and chocolate are not just wants for me, they are total needs 🙂

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 17, 2015, 6:36 am

I like fake cheesecake, as in the really light kind, otherwise I find it too heavy! I really like the Daiya ones. I think I just like fake milk products in general

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 17, 2015, 7:36 am

I’m not big on most cheesecakes because I usually find them too cloying and heavy. But chocolate cake? That I can do. Actually, anything chocolatey, really. I need it on a daily basis or I start getting cranky.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. WIAW… confession time! .My Profile

• Jamie June 17, 2015, 8:01 am

My body NEED nut butter… almond, cashew, even peanut butter… my body craves it daily. Probably because I don’t ingest many other healthy fats, but I can’t remember a day I haven’t had nut butter. I really do not like cheesecake… I wish I did though! And favorite nighttime snack was popcorn, but I’ve really been trying to cut down since it tends to get out of control. It’s been my goal the last two weeks no snacking after dinner… and it is TOUGH! Haha. Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday !
    Jamie recently posted…WIAW – Rosie’s New CaananMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 17, 2015, 9:53 am

I can’t recall the last day I went without peanut butter. In fact, I can’t recall the last day I went without eating peanut butter at atleast two meals lol. I also don’t know the last time I went without a nighttime snack/dessert. It’s a must in my world.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 17, 2015, 8:07 am

Im not big on cheesecake either but I do think I would like the chocolate kind! Ive had ice cream the past few nights as my nighttime snack which has been nice in this heat. And I hadn’t had it in months so it was nice to bring it back again!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Bacon and Sweet Potato FrittataMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 17, 2015, 9:53 am

I never like cheesecake but I do order this one and only this one because it’s so chocolately good!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 17, 2015, 8:22 am

I think for 10 years of my life, pb&j sandwiches with banana was my “to-go” packed lunch! There is just something about pb&j! I love cheesecake but chocolate cheesecake is not my favorite, unless it’s the CF cookie dough, but that’s more vanilla I guess.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Out to Lunch and Off the Deep EndMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 17, 2015, 9:52 am

I am finding myself back to pb&j lately, so easy and simple. And always satisfying.

• Suzy June 17, 2015, 9:15 am

You can handle peanut butter before a run, hey? I love cheesecake, but only the kind with the graham crust. I’m not a fan of chocolate cake, but I LOVE chocolate and I eat it pretty much every single day in some form or another.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: We Are FamilyMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 17, 2015, 9:51 am

My stomach is real tough and can totally handle peanut butter before I run. I do not add a lot, just enough to keep me full and satisfied until I eat again after I run.

• Lish June 17, 2015, 10:14 am

Hello delicious looking cake! I have totally been digging smoothies this summer too – have a new green recipe to try after my run today…can’t wait!
    Lish recently posted…Birthday weekend off the gridMy Profile

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 17, 2015, 10:14 am

Oh my gosh, that cheesecake!!!!!! You’ve got me craving chocolate and it’s not even 10:30, haha 🙂

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 17, 2015, 11:13 am

Sometimes you just need a slice of cake. I definitely made my way over to Harris Teeter last night for a slice of rainbow cake, no questions asked. I was craving it, so I ate it. So. Freaking. Good. I need to get back to cheesecake factory again though for a slice of the giant fudge cake. All to myself, of course.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Just One YearMy Profile

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl June 17, 2015, 1:00 pm

I love cheesecake, and I’m still trying to find a time to make one when I can share it around and not have it in the fridge…my friends aren’t big on it! My family is but they only trust Junior’s to make it 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #15My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 18, 2015, 10:56 am

There’s a chocolate cheesecake from Junior’s with the layers of real chocolate cake that I definitely like! (I eat around the cheesecake part).

• Arman @ thebigmansworld June 17, 2015, 1:49 pm

That stupid TJ’s jar. It sliced my finger open on the silver cover.

Lucky it’s delicious and by delicious I mean crunchy and salty. That cake is a thing of beauty…cake should be common place.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Fuelled by Flatbreads + What I ate Wednesday #258My Profile

• Shannon June 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

I am a frozen yogurt addict and tell myself I NEED it way too often. It is a kind of a problem 🙂 haha
    Shannon recently posted…Baked Tempura VegetablesMy Profile

• Nikki Fahey June 17, 2015, 3:40 pm

Is esikal bread dry? I always thought so but everyone raves about it?? also were is your Red Mango~~ lol:) have a good day

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 18, 2015, 10:54 am

I love ezekiel bread- never found it dry…There are lots of Red Mangos near me. If you are looking for one near you, I recommend you check their website 🙂

• Jessie June 18, 2015, 1:03 pm

I’m not a huge fan of cheesecake as it’s a bit too sweet for me, but I do enjoy The Cheesecake Factory and this Italian restaurant, Vapiano’s cheesecake. Both are delicious! Theres actually a cheesecake factory opening up right down the road from us too… yay!!