Thinking Out Loud 6/11/15

Thinking-Out-Loud

Have I told you about my struggles (more like battles) with the boxes of plastic wrap?

I just can’t do it correctly.

Somehow the plastic wrap always seems to go from tearing off neatly to peeling apart in small little pieces, sticking together and then suddenly, without warning, I lose the spot on the roll where it tears off and it can never be found again.

At least not by me that is. I need someone else to do it for me. I think I have three rolls of plastic wrap waiting for assistance.

text

So that new Run Swiftly short sleeve that I bought the other day at lululemon?

Run Swiftly

The real reason I needed a new Run Swiftly is because the other two that I have are a little bit damaged.

One shirt has rust marks where the pins to hold a race bib once were because I accidentally washed the shirt with the bib still attached after a race.

And just a couple of weeks ago, I sort of bleached the other shirt (the bleach only hit in the bib area which is great) when I — sit down for this one — somehow, by total accident,

Dropped the bottle of toilet bowl cleaner inside of the washing machine without knowing it and continued to run the laundry.

I know, right? I don’t know understand how that happened either. All I do know is that when I was sorting the laundry into the dryer, I pulled out the bottle.

It could have been worse. Really. Nothing else got ruined. Well, nothing aside from a few t-shirts of my son’s but hey, isn’t tye-dye still in style?

Speaking of tye-dye, I got this cute dress from the Gap yesterday.

Gap Tye Dye Dress

You need it. It fits real cute and comfy and it was 40% off (if you use your Gap/Banana credit card).

The Gap that I frequent is next to a Victoria’s Secret which I was shopping in just last week. I needed some new underwear but I also really needed one of those lingerie laundry bag things.

You know, to protect your intimates from the harsh cycle of the washing machine (and from people like me who have no clue how to do laundry).

While Victoria’s Secret doesn’t sell the special lingerie bag (which I don’t understand but okay), the nice girl who worked there told me that all she uses is one of the cottony satchel bags that are normally used to protect/store her pocketbooks.

laundry bag

Genius, right?! I have a ton of those cotton bags which I use to keep my purses nice and neat but I certainly had one to spare. It works like a charm! You just load it up with your undergarments, pull the drawstring and proceed as usual with your laundry without ruining a thing.

And to round today’s Thinking Out Loud post with something random, I tried Dunkin Donuts new Chips Ahoy flavored iced coffee yesterday!

dunkin donuts chips ahoy iced coffee

It was good, it maybe tasted like a Chips Ahoy cookie for a brief second but it was almost too sweet for someone like me, who normally takes her coffee with the tiniest drop of skim milk and nothing else. If I were to order it again, I would have to ask for less flavoring but then it really wouldn’t taste like a cookie so what would be the point?

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

I am not the best at doing laundry #thinkingoutloud #laundry #lululemon #runswiftly #dunkindonuts #chipsahoy Click To Tweet

***************

Any laundry mishaps you want to share with me?

Are you good about folding your clothes immediately or do they sit in the dryer for a few days?

Have you tried the new flavors of iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts? Which is your favorite?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 11, 2015, 5:15 am

I have major struggle with plastic wrap too- like it tears off at a weird angle and then doesn’t fit over whatever I want to use it for.
    I need to fold my laundry as soon as possible after its done. It drives me crazy to know its sitting in the dryer!
    And typically I don’t like Dunkin Donuts (well, at least not their hot coffee) but maybe I would like flavored iced coffee but it would have to be thought of as a dessert because I can’t drink my coffee sweet either.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Bad Pizza, Weekends, and Fitness Trackers (Thinking Out Loud)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:15 am

Yes, it’s totally like a dessert to me because I am so not used to the sweetness!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 11, 2015, 5:21 am

I stopped buying plastic wrap long ago for that reason, I guess that’s my version of eliminating stress from my life! Also very cute dress!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…How to Keep Your Bacon Safe – Paleo Kid ThoughtsMy Profile

• jill conyers June 11, 2015, 5:29 am

I want that dress! I see a trip to the mall coming this weekend #gaplove
    jill conyers recently posted…15 Delicious Summer Salad RecipesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:13 am

I want one in every color. So far I bought two, I am totally going back!

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 11, 2015, 7:17 am

What?! I need to try washing my undies in one of those purse bags! That’s genius!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 11, 2015, 7:21 am

Well, laundry can’t sit around for days because we don’t have in unit W/D, so that solves that! I remember there were a few times that laundry might sit in our washer/dryer at home, but not too often. Maybe if it was towels or something.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Thursday Ramblings and Ragnar Chicago RuminationsMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2015, 7:41 am

I can let my laundry hang out in the dryer for maaaaabye a day, but I usually need something in there, and when I open it up I feel guilty and just take everything out. And then dump it on the bed and leave it for another few hours 😛 But I’m hopeless at laundry. There are times where I don’t even separate my blacks and whites and colours. IT’s a good thing that most of the stuff I wear is black/grey anyways 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #134 .My Profile

• Jamie June 11, 2015, 9:17 am

I once offered to do my boyfriends laundry for him which was great. Girlfriend of the year! Except I forgot to check his pockets and did a load of wash with a pen in his shorts pocket… all of his clothes were died/splattered with blue ink. It turned out to be a very costly favor 🙁 And I am total OCD about cleanliness and laundry and folding clothes is one of my favorite things to do so I do it as SOON as it is dry : )
    Jamie recently posted…Thinking Out Loud – Throwback ThursdayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:12 am

I am OCD with being clean but ugh, no patience for folding the laundry right away, every time.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld June 11, 2015, 9:49 am

So chips ahoy is nay? I’m tempted to try the cookie dough one but I got a frappe yesterday and was a sugar rush all afternoon!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…In Defence of SugarMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:11 am

We tried the Oreo flavor yesterday and liked it, it’s just that I am not used to all the flavoring so you can’t go by me 🙂

• Suzy June 11, 2015, 9:53 am

Oh, Saran wrap makes me homicidal. I can’t even talk about it. And the toilet bowl cleaner in the laundry is tragic… but HILARIOUS. Totally something that would happen to me. The biggest mistake I’ve made is not checking the boys’ pockets before I throw their clothes in. I’ve washed kleenex, red crayon, rocks, lego, the list goes on. Kleenex is the worst by far.
    Suzy recently posted…Even The Soggy BitsMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 11, 2015, 10:52 am

WAIT! Did you know that if you bring your damaged clothes back to lululemon they’ll replace them for free? I bleached my shirt and they just handed me a new one. Magic! I could pick a new color and everything! I would try that so then you have THREE new shirts, not just one and two damaged ones!

p.s. plastic wrap is the worst. the WORST. I’m so bad at it it’s borderline embarrassing.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Summer without #BoatlifeMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns June 11, 2015, 11:15 am

I would be so devastated if I ruined any lulu tops! That’s such bad luck. Luckily I’ve never really ruined anything in the laundry (a few things have shrunk, but it wasn’t a big deal). I live in an apartment with only 1 machine, so I don’t have the choice of leaving my clothes in there. It’s good, though, because I just take care of it right away!

I also tried the new DD flavor and agree that it’s way too sweet. I like their regular coconut iced coffee with a splash of skim milk. It’s just a little sweet but not too much. So much better than their sugar bombs!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Thinking Out Loud : Training Thoughts and Pilates FestMy Profile

• Beverley @ sweaty&fit June 11, 2015, 11:37 am

a) love the pink shirt! i love the run swiftly’s from lulu, but yes one of mine is starting to fray a bit as well at the sleeve. and i’ve only had it for a couple of months!
    b) i would DIE if i dropped something in the washing machine and didn’t notice. I accidentally shrunk a shirt a few months back and i was mad at myself for literally 2 days haha.
    c) dress is super cute – it will look awesome on ya!
    Beverley @ sweaty&fit recently posted…Trip to Newfoundland – Land of the Wind, Sea, and ScreechMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:09 am

Wow I am surprised it was fraying, try bringing it back, I bet they will give you a new one.

• Niki @Lifewithniki June 11, 2015, 2:59 pm

Your laundry story is hilarious! But don’t get me wrong, it is also very tragic. I am pretty bad when it comes to laundry, usually they sit wet in the washer until I remember I also have to put them in the dryer. Then they dryer only semi-dries them so they sit there, again, until I check and realize they’re still wet and I need to dry them again. I don’t think this is a good routine but hey my clothes do get clean (I think).
    Niki @Lifewithniki recently posted…My First Ever Thinking Out Loud!My Profile

• Shannon June 11, 2015, 3:10 pm

I cannot stand folding laundry, and I am not very good at doing laundry the “right” way. My dad is super meticulous about doing laundry, and all I ever want to do is throw everything in together in one load. Oops 🙂
    Shannon recently posted…Healthy Cheezy CrackersMy Profile

• Kaylin @ Enticing Healthy Eating June 11, 2015, 10:49 pm

Do you feel like the lingerie laundry bag really helps? I’ve been interested! I like VS and frequent it a lot so I would like to keep my purchases looking nice for as long as possible. Also, I agree with you on the plastic wrap! Gah! That stuff hates me!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 12, 2015, 10:08 am

I do find that it helps! I just started using it and the lace isn’t tearing anymore during the wash cycle. Just pull the drawstring tight on the bag to keep everything inside.

• Julie June 12, 2015, 1:42 am

I hate doing laundry and I definitely don’t fold.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 12, 2015, 1:10 pm

Plastic wrap takes some definite skills, skills I don’t have. You are not alone. I barely even bother with it anymore.

Also the Gap dress is adorable.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 15, 2015, 3:59 pm

Best dress. I bought three colors. I can’t stand the plastic wrap! I should just give up on it.

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes June 13, 2015, 10:09 pm

Haha I have the same struggles with plastic wrap, I use tin foil instead 🙂 love that dress from the gap too, I’ve been looking for some casual sun dresses!

Next post: