Birthday Weekend Highlights

Sometimes it’s easier when your birthday falls on a silly day, like a Tuesday, because when it hits on a Friday, especially in June, you enjoy yourself way too much all weekend and are just not ready for Monday to come.

So let’s see. We sort of left off that I ran ten miles Friday morning and then got back into bed with my favorite mug to work for a bit before doing some birthday things…

birthday mug

I picked my son up early from school on Friday in time for lunch at Red Mango.

Cherry on top to make things extra special.

red mango

The only way to see a movie these days is at a theatre with big reclining leather chairs.

movies

My birthday dinner was at my favorite sushi spot, Kashi.

sushi

Peanut Avocado and Spicy Tuna roll plus one of the special rolls which had lots of fun stuff inside but of course I can’t remember what exactly. I just know that I loved it.

sushi

It was a beautiful night so we walked to XO for chocolate fondue.

fondue

Chocolate makes me happy.

birthday selfie

Still gazing at my rainbow roses.

rainbow roses

I couldn’t wait to tell you about one of my most favorite birthday gifts — you are talking to the newest member of the Dessert Of The Month Club!

dessert of month

Such a great gift for someone like me, right?! I am so excited to receive my first delivery. I wonder what type of dessert it will be?!

Birthday gift cards to Lululemon meant an emergency trip to cash in on the good stuff.

lululemon

I picked up a bright pink short sleeve Run Swiftly and fresh pair of Run Inspire Cops <- my favorites.

Saturday by the pool felt more like Saturday on vacation. Seriously, it did.

pool

Sunday was another beautiful day…

pool party

My friend Lisa had a party at her house and she makes the best parties ever.

IMG_1720

You can always count on good food, good company and a candy table when Lisa is running the show.

IMG_1687

I guess we can call Sunday night dinner at Cirella’s with my parents, which featured the Cirella’s Sundae, my birthday weekend finale.

Cirella's Sundae

Warm fudge brownies and fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies surrounded by vanilla, chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream topped with hot fudge and whipped cream.

Oh and a strawberry on top to keep things healthy and balanced.

Cirella's Sundae

Do you remember my son and I shared this sundae last year on my birthday?

The sundae technically serves six but my son and I order it for ourselves and simply alert the other members of our party in advance that they are to go their own way come dessert time.

My mother, you should know, had the audacity to take the last brownie from our sundae. My son and I are still talking about it. Chutzpah, as is said in Yiddish, real chutzpah.

So now it’s Monday and it’s time to focus on the week ahead. Really? I am so not in the mood but maybe my morning run will make me feel better.

That’s the thing about routine; it helps to keep you organized and on schedule while snapping you back to reality should you start to deviate off track from too much fun.

Have a great week!

birthday/weekend recap! #birthday #sushi #Cirellas #lululemon Click To Tweet

*************

Do you have a favorite sushi roll? What is it?

What’s your lululemon must-have item?

Are you a sugar candy eater (think sour patch kids and gummies) or chocolate candy eater (m&m’s, Hershey bars…)?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 8, 2015, 5:24 am

I feel like I desperately need to get back to a routine today. Looks like such a perfect birthday weekend! We just got our pool passes in the mail and I am really hoping we can get there for a few hours this upcoming weekend since we are out of town so much this month!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap 5/31-6/6My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 4:27 pm

Yes, you need a relaxing poolside weekend! Hopefully nice weather on the way for this weekend.

• Tina Muir June 8, 2015, 7:29 am

You know, our lives are so similar in a lot of ways! I either did, or would have done if it was my birthday, a lot of those things last week….and I did get red mango, as you saw! By the way, HOW amazing are those new 3D seats! SO cool! Glad you had a wonderful day! Well earned 🙂

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 8, 2015, 7:56 am

Oh wow so much to comment on! Just about the most perfect weekend ever, it looks like! Candy tables still make me happy and I don’t even eat the candy anymore. And pool parties are still the most fun! Also I haven’t eaten sushi in way too long, yours looks so good. Happy birthday again 🙂

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 8, 2015, 7:57 am

It was a sushi and dessert weekend for us as well! Sliiiightly different circumstances, though. I am so happy that you had such a lovely weekend. And I agree with you that sometimes it is just easier to have a bday that doesn’t have as much time for you to go crazy–there are fewer expectations. Happy birthday once more!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Quiet Weekend that Spoke Volumes : Little Things In LifeMy Profile

• Mike@TheIronYou June 8, 2015, 8:24 am

Happy belated birthday Meredith! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend (I’m really jealous of your Saturday by the pool thing…)
    Mike@TheIronYou recently posted…Blueberry Avocado and Spinach Power SmoothieMy Profile

• Jamie June 8, 2015, 9:36 am

What a perfect way to celebrate your birthday! You and I have very similar tastes, because the Run Swiftly tshirts/tanks and Run Inspire crops are my Lulu go-tos. I’m a total chocolate candy eater, but I won’t be biased and will eat sugar candy too : ) Favorite sushi roll – sweet potato tempura. So good. I’m glad you had a fantastic birthday ! I hope you have a great day! : )
    Jamie recently posted…The Most Marvelous of WeekendsMy Profile

• Lish June 8, 2015, 9:43 am

Looks like the perfect birthday weekend! My birthday weekend was probably polar opposite, but there was definitely some candy involved as well 🙂
    Lish recently posted…Life as of lateMy Profile

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner June 8, 2015, 9:55 am

Looks like you had an amazing birthday weekend, and I am so glad you did! That peanut avocado roll sounds AMAZING. And all of your desserts looked great 🙂 That membership couldn’t be better suited for anyone else than you.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 10:57 am

I love the peanut avocado roll. It’s so simple yet so good. Not every sushi place has it so I get excited when I see it.

• Suzy June 8, 2015, 10:10 am

It all sounds like so much fun! I’m glad you had such a great birthday weekend. I’m a chocolate girl, through and through. No doubt. I think that gift of the dessert delivery is brilliant!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 10:56 am

I am with you- chocolate all the way! I can’t wait to see what is delivered – it’s so excited and served 6-10 with each delivery which sounds perfect for me 🙂

• Gretchen | Gretchruns June 8, 2015, 10:15 am

Looks like a great birthday! I’m just starting to get into Lulu and I’m obsessed with everything. A few months ago I made my first trip and got 4 things, and I love their bottoms a ton! The tops aren’t as great as I expected, but I can’t stop wearing my WunderUnder crops and Speed shorts. They’re great!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…MIMM – Short Weekend RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 10:54 am

thank you :)…hmm, I wonder which Lulu tops you tried? I happen to love the ones I wear. Have you tried the run swiftlys? I also really like the Power Y yoga top (I think that’s what it’s called). All of them wash so well and are so well made that they last for years. Some cuts aren’t for me but once you find the one for you, they are amazing.

• Hayley @ Full of Life June 8, 2015, 11:08 am

Sounds like a perfect birthday weekend. My birthday is this month and over the weekend too, so I know I will be feeling it Monday. Also, I have never been to a movie theater with leather reclining chairs!!! What. I want that near my house.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 4:16 pm

Isn’t it a cool movie viewing concept?! We need more like it! I hope you have a wonderful birthday this month! Great month for birthdays 🙂

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes June 8, 2015, 11:33 am

My lululemon must have is the Pacesetter skirt but they recently stopped making it!! I am SO bummed!! Looks like a great weekend of food!! That sundae looks so amazing!

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 8, 2015, 2:15 pm

So many great birthday festivities! I want to go to a movie theater like that. Heaven, I swear. I wish we had places like that here where you can recline. And that dessert. Oh my word. I want that sundae all to myself. I think I could finish it if I really put my mind to it- emailing you back soon!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Leading by ExampleMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2015, 4:15 pm

You could totally finish it! Once the ice cream starts to melt, I don’t think it would be a problem….All movie theaters should convert to this style of comfy seating. Makes for a whole different experience.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 8, 2015, 4:15 pm

That seriously sounds like such a fun birthday — glad you had such an awesome weekend 🙂 And you’re super lucky that your birthday falls in June. In January, no one wants to do stuff… Not only because it’s cold, but because everyone is still getting over the post-Christmas slump. Le boo.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 6/7 .My Profile

• thesimplepeach June 8, 2015, 4:46 pm

Looks like you celebrated in style! I’m a chocolate eater hands down. I want to swim in that sundae 🙂

• jill conyers June 8, 2015, 5:25 pm

Now that’s my kind of birthday! Sushi, chocolate, outside, Lulu…all good stuff!
    jill conyers recently posted…Total Body HIIT Workout 4My Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld June 9, 2015, 7:38 am

Glad you had a good one and attacked that candy selection 😉

Will email you later today to meet up! 😀

• Meghan @ GetOffYourButtandRun June 9, 2015, 8:38 am

I also love the inspire crops at Lulu. I’m also a big fan of the cool racerbacks and any of their running skirts!

My go to candy is Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Enjoy your week!
    Meghan @ GetOffYourButtandRun recently posted…Motivation Monday: 6/8My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 12, 2015, 1:05 pm

With a birthday weekend this good, I wouldn’t want to come back to a Monday either.

The dessert of the month club is a fantastic gift for you. Also, I want to go swimming and eat candy after seeing these pictures.:)