birthday week workout recap

It’s a good thing I type down my workout recaps each day as they happen otherwise I would be sitting here staring at a blank computer screen with nothing to say.

Do you know that I just scrolled down to see I had a treadmill run earlier this week and it took me a minute to remember?!

The funny thing is, while our minds may be busy in other places enjoying birthdays (more on my birthday tomorrow!) our bodies do not forget the miles we have run.

In fact, by the time I got to yesterday, my typical long run day, I was too disinterested to participate. I may not have recalled the 30 total miles I had already run this week (with the bulk of them at the end of the week), but my body did and wanted no part in logging any more.

I skipped yesterday’s long run in favor of stopping to smell the roses.

rainbow roses

They are actually referred to as rainbow roses. Aren’t they pretty? 🙂

Anyway, let’s take a quick look at my workouts from the week!

weekly workout recap

*Monday*

Pure Barre Studio Series DVD & 45 Minutes Elliptical – I figured I would skip running today instead of Wednesday since Wednesday is National Running Day and I didn’t want to feel left out of the celebration.

*Tuesday*

8 Treadmill Miles – It was rainy and cold outside so I opted for the treadmill which was not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all!

treadmill

It was an awesome run! I went as slow as 6.8 and as fast as 8.6

I don’t know my exact splits or time, all I can say is that I got faster and faster as I went, running the last mile in 7:18.

I really don’t hate the treadmill. I just have to remind myself of this because my brain tends to forget.

*Wednesday*

Pure Barre Mile High Series DVD & 4 Easy Miles – Just a few miles in honor of the holiday.

National Running Day

*Thursday*

8 Miles – I was a little tired (went to bed a little later than usual) so my pace wasn’t as fast overall as the last time I implemented my new favorite running workout but it was still a great run!

splits

I am so happy by the way that so many of you are enjoying this running workout which I randomly put together.

It really is a good time and a great run so I intend to make it a part of my weekly routine as often as possible. If you try it out or have any questions, be sure to let me know!

*Friday*

10 Birthday Miles – Friday is usually a low mileage/cross-train/rest day but I like to run 10 miles on my birthday (I don’t know why but it’s the tradition I started a few years ago).

birthday mug

I came home and worked from my bed for a bit with my favorite birthday mug and Pro Compression socks.

*Saturday*

30 Minutes Elliptical – I wonder if the people on my running path were looking for me! I just wasn’t up for a run this morning.

Nothing was sore and I wasn’t even tired but I didn’t feel like running mentally which I knew meant I needed the day off from my running shoes.

*Sunday*

Pure Barre Mile High DVD or a few miles – I didn’t decide yet.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

birthday week workout recap #running #purebarre #birthday #workouts @pure_barre Click To Tweet

**************

Best thing you ate so far this weekend?

Is today a rest day or a run day?

Favorite kind of flower?

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl June 7, 2015, 7:17 am

I so admire you for being able to run 8 miles on a treadmill – even on a day I could do 8 outside, 3 feels like forever on the dreadmill!

Such pretty roses, and happiest of birthdays to you 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…First Week of June + Dinner at the Eveready DinerMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 7, 2015, 9:37 am

Thank you 🙂 Give the treadmill another try, I posted so many treadmill workouts that have really worked for me. It’s not as bad as we think! I swear it!

• Meghan @ GetOffYourButtAndRun June 7, 2015, 8:10 am

Happy belated birthday! Birthday miles are always the best! I actually enjoy using the treadmill occasionally as well. For me, it has to be a crummy day outside and I get to watch a netflix show while I run. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Meghan @ GetOffYourButtAndRun recently posted…What’s Been HappeningMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 7, 2015, 9:37 am

I really don’t mind the treadmill as much as I once did, I need to remember that!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 7, 2015, 8:19 am

Im thinking of heading out for a few miles on the trails before leaving Arkansas this morning since I took so many days off this week. Running on Sunday always throws the rest of my week off, but I think it will be worth it and I probably won’t mind sleeping in a little more on Monday or Tuesday.
    I hope you had a great birthday!!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…5 Reasons To RunMy Profile

• Lesq June 7, 2015, 9:31 am

Hope your birthday was awesome! All the best for a healthy, happy joyful, love-filled and peaceful year ahead. May you enjoy all the good that you give to others.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 7, 2015, 9:36 am

I am always so thrown off when I change my running days, especially my long run day. But sometimes it happens. Hope you are having a great time 🙂

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 7, 2015, 8:32 am

Glad you had a great birthday! I love that birthday mug, so cute 🙂 I just ordered fun colored dessert bowls on Amazon and it reminds me of them. No running for me today after a night out, but of course I still woke up early, kind of annoying!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter BlondiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 7, 2015, 9:36 am

One day I have to show you my dessert bowl and plate collection lol. Love that stuff!

• Lauren June 7, 2015, 8:43 am

Happy Belated Bday!
    I am about to do the treadmill workout you posted for the second time this week–first time was great–and I am convinced I was more sweaty doing the treadmill workout–than my hot yoga class–which is truly boiling–LOVED It–keep those treadmill workouts coming…much easier to do treadmill workouts in AZ rather than waking up at 430 or 5am to beat the heat:))

Best thing I ate….Almond flour cookies with chocolate chips and then almond butter slathered on top.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 7, 2015, 9:35 am

I am so glad! Which treadmill workout are you doing? Hope today is a great run!

• Lauren June 7, 2015, 9:37 am

Oops–Guess I should have clarified–the 8 mile one–with negative splits! Gonna do it again shortly!!!

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes June 8, 2015, 11:32 am

I’m resting as I’m dealing with a IT band issue in my hip and let me tell you it is not fun. It’s pretty painful. Sounds like a great birthday if you ask me! Love the idea of 10 miles every year on your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!