What I Ate Memorial Day

I am popping in today to share with you what I ate on Monday.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

It may have been Memorial Day and the nicest day of the holiday weekend but we didn’t take advantage of the weather for two reasons:

1- My son wanted new clothes for summer and he agreed to try them on so we went to the mall to check out the sales.

2- Even though we really wanted to go to the beach, we didn’t mainly because I didn’t want to tire us both out from sitting in the sun all day because, and I still can’t believe this, my son talked me into taking him to the WWE wrestling thing they call Monday Night Raw (I think that’s what it was?!) which first began at 8:00 pm.

WWE

I know, now I am really Mother of the Year. I LOVE sports, but wrestling? Definitely not my thing ESPECIALLY at 8:00 pm on a Monday night.

Anyway, on to the food from the day…

Breakfast #1:

The usual early morning pre-run oatmeal with berries. I sprinkle with cinnamon before warming the bowl in the microwave.

oatmeal

Breakfast #2:

I always eat within 30 minutes following my workouts. It all depends upon how long it takes me to shower but most of the time, I rush through the shower thing to get to the food thing.

oats in a jar

Lunch:

We had lunch at home because my son and I (okay, me more than him) worked all morning on his science project and I was too hungry to wait to eat at the mall even though, as you know, the food options at our mall are terrific.

blender

I have decided that I love smoothie bowls because they remind me of eating frozen yogurt.

Fact: When I was around the age of 22 or so, I ate frozen yogurt for lunch for a good two years straight (maybe longer) with only an extremely rare day off from the stuff.

I had every Yogurt & Such store location’s phone number within a 20-mile radius programmed in my phone so I could call ahead to determine who had the best flavors for the day.

Oh yes, I am proud of my frozen yogurt past.

My smoothie bowls are much more nutritious.

smoothie bowl

I don’t measure a darn thing but here is what I dumped in the blender:

• Spinach
  • Cooked oatmeal
  • Skoop B-Strong in Viva-nilla
  • Lots of frozen berries
  • Frozen banana
  • Cocoa powder
  • Peanut butter
  • Ice

I topped it with Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan Oat Clusters. So good!

Snack:

We both felt like fruit when we were in the mall so I ordered a large container from one of the places in the dining district.

fruit salad

Dinner:

We came home to relax for a bit and eat a quick stir fry before heading back out to the Coliseum for the wrestling thing (when all I wanted to do was go to bed).

stir fry

Dessert:

I must have something sweet immediately following dinner.

pb-banana-chocolate

Then there was the Carvel ice cream cone that happened at the Coliseum too.

ice cream cone

It was more my son’s than mine which was fine because I was annoyed he didn’t order a hot fudge sundae.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

What I Ate Memorial Day #wiaw #WWE #memorialday #eats Click To Tweet

*******************

What did you have for dinner last night?

What are you mixing in your oatmeal lately?

Ice cream – in a cone or a cup?

• Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life May 27, 2015, 6:12 am

Definitely Mom of the year for taking him to wrestling! I’m already learning about all sorts of things that I never thought I’d want to know and my oldest boy is only 3, so I’m sure for a lot more!
    Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life recently posted…WIAW: Farmers Market FindsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:37 pm

Aw, I miss that age! Such a fun time when they are little, in a different way than now.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 27, 2015, 6:45 am

Are you stealing ice cream again? After my kids had cones over the weekend I decided cones are better, but only in theory. In reality I think everyone is happier and more relaxed with a cup! Cones with a cup option are good.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – ShortcutsMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe May 27, 2015, 7:09 am

Couldn’t have paid me to go to wrestling. Nope.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Le Colonial Chicago (Anniversary Dinner)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:31 pm

I hear you. I didn’t want to go but he really did so I did it for him. And will remind him of that for the next 30 years.

• Brynn May 27, 2015, 7:15 am

I’m with your son, ice cream cone with sprinkles all the way. A hot fudge (not chocolate) sundae is a close second.
    Brynn recently posted…A Case of the SickiesMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 27, 2015, 7:18 am

Granted I have no idea what it’s like to have a son, but I’m not sure that anything could convince me to go see a wrestling match. You definitely win mother of the year. And ice cream always, always has to be in a cone. That last bite is the best.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. almond joy overnight oatmeal smoothie .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:30 pm

I can’t believe he convinced me to go either. But, I guess, when I saw how much he wanted to go, I really couldn’t say no. I had no reason to say no, other than bc I hate wrestling!

• Julie @ Running in a Skirt May 27, 2015, 8:14 am

Cone!!!
    My nephews all love he wrestling too. I don’t get it at all- didn’t get I when my Brother like it either when we were young! You are Mom of the year for going! haha!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:29 pm

I just don’t get it either! I don’t know why people like this wrestling WWE thing lol.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 27, 2015, 8:43 am

I always eat my ice cream out of a bowl because I make too much of a mess with cones! You really are mother of the year for going to wrestling on a Monday night!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Stoneleigh Stampede 5k Race RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:28 pm

I am going to remind my son that I took him to that wrestling thing every day until he is easily 45 years old. Trust me.

• Jamie May 27, 2015, 9:33 am

Carvel… specifically Fudgey the Whale… is my absolute favorite! I wish there was one closer to me!! I’ve been mixing nut butter into my oatmeal recently.. I think it’s so good.. and has super good staying power so it can hold me over in the morning at work. Hope you have a great day!!
    Jamie recently posted…WIAW 4My Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld May 27, 2015, 9:36 am

um…Mom of the bloody century- I cannot believe you took him there- that is epic.

I used to love cones but got banned as a kid because I’d always bite the bottom lol.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…No Bake White Chocolate Macadamia Nut CookiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:27 pm

I can’t believe I took him either but he really want to go. Glad it’s over!

• Suzy May 27, 2015, 10:23 am

Ice cream in a homemade waffle cone because I’m not a huge fan of ice cream itself. I order them so that I can eat the soggy cone. YUM.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Picture EditionMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:27 pm

I am the same – I am more about the toppings and a waffle bowl than about the ice cream.

• melissa May 27, 2015, 11:08 am

Thanks for sharing your WIAW eats- I love WIAW posts and these linkups!
    Ice cream – cone all the way! And that Carvel looks too good
    Dinner last night was a loaded stuffed sweet potato – with avocado, pinto beans, tomato, and cilantro. Yum!
    melissa recently posted…WIAW #16: After the Holiday WeekendMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:26 pm

I love loaded sweet potatoes! Eat one easily 3 or 4 nights a week for dinner 🙂

• Shannon May 27, 2015, 11:40 am

I am definitely a cup person. I get soooo messy trying to eat a cone.
    Shannon recently posted…Meatless Baked ZitiMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:26 pm

Over the years I have gotten better when eating from a cone but I prefer a cup so I can use a spoon.

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl May 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

I love my ice cream cones, it’s why I am so excited when I discover a place that stocks GF cones 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #12: Brain FoodMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2015, 4:25 pm

I like chocolate dipped cones, preferably a chocolate dipped waffle bowl. Best of both worlds.

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 27, 2015, 1:31 pm

That PB from TJ’s is the best ever!! I LOVE the extra crunch and healthy fats 🙂
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: May 27, 2015My Profile

• GiGi Eats May 27, 2015, 11:03 pm

OMG! CARVEL!!! That brings back SOOOOOO many memories!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Whoopee! It’s an “Oreo”!My Profile

• heather May 28, 2015, 10:21 am

I took my 7 year old to Monday night raw.. a school night! he was a nightmare in the morning but the memories will be with him forever!! gotta take the good with the bad haha

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 28, 2015, 4:58 pm

That was me on Monday, I even let him go to school a little late! Agreed – they will have the memories forever.