memorial day weekend & recipe links

I picked my son up from school the other day instead of having him take the bus and once again, just like last week, he talked me into going to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

cheesecake factory bbq ranch salad

Did I ever tell you his lunch period this year has him eating the midday meal at 9:45 am?!

I am all for eating according to when you are hungry and not going by the clock to determine your mealtime but, um, lunch before 10:00 am?

Now you understand why he is ready for dinner as soon as the last bell of the school day rings!

As for me, I am always up for my favorite salad so if you are looking for someone to dine with you randomly in the late afternoon, I am your girl.

It’s finally Friday (this week went sort of fast yet sort of slow for me) which means the long weekend is here!

I have yet to decide if I am running the Long Beach 10-miler Sunday morning. Nothing like the last minute, right?

I am going to finalize my plan this morning but part of me is now leaning towards NO and here’s why:

I want to enjoy my weekend. I don’t want a 10 mile race on my mind tomorrow when I am out for lunch and dinner because I would have to be overly mindful of what I am eating in fear of stomach issues while running Sunday morning in the beach heat.

Not to mention, I have plans Sunday (assuming the weather is nice enough which I think it should be) to spend the day at the beach which is not exactly ideal for me after running 10 miles in the beachy morning sun.

beach

More than ready for this view again!

I am all for running races but sometimes my social life is just more important. I don’t want to run a race just to run it, I want to give it all I have and I am not feeling it (I don’t think) for this weekend.

I will certainly keep you posted!

While none of my weekend plans require me to cook, I did put together a bunch of recipe links just in case you are looking for something to bring to a Memorial Day barbeque….

Links I am Loving!

Paleo And Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad

Kettle Corn Grilled Sweet Potatoes

20 Delicious Things To Eat On Memorial Day

59 Vegetarian Recipes That Are Perfect For Picnics

Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Quinoa Salad

Apple Peanut Butter Pie Hummus <- so good!

Peach Salsa Guacamole <- super easy!

Blueberry Breakfast Cookies <- really want to make these, they look delicious

Peanut Butter & Berry Quinoa <- red, white, and blue festive for the holiday!

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coconut Layer Bars

Super Easy Blueberry Crisp

Have a great weekend!

Memorial Day weekend & recipe links #recipes #memorialday #holidayweekend Click To Tweet

**************

What time do you normally eat lunch?

Three things on your agenda for the weekend?

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 22, 2015, 6:47 am

9:45 is a crazy lunch time! I always love seeing your CF pics 🙂 I would lean toward no on the race too, just a lot of pressure when you have fun plans this weekend. A beach day will be awesome! And of course SO excited to see you tomorrow!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Banana Blueberry Muffins – Nut FreeMy Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 22, 2015, 8:13 am

I remember the early lunch when I was in high school was around 10:45. It was so weird to eat that early! I am pretty sure I got a bagel every day because I wasn’t ready for lunch. And of course I was starving by the end of the day.
    I am so jealous that you will be at the beach this weekend! That is one of the things I miss the most about living on Long Island.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…A Different Kind Of RunnerMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 4:02 pm

I think you need to come up here on weekend this summer so you can do all of the things you are missing! And get a manicure too! I paid $7 today and thought of you.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 22, 2015, 8:20 am

Yeah… 9:45 is a bit much… even for me. I think the earliest I’ve done lunch is around 10:30, but that’s on days where I wake up at 3. And you already know my thoughts on the race 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. no-bake chocolate fudge bites .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 4:02 pm

I know we discuss those early lunch times often but never are we eating our lunch before 10 am, it’s a bit much for sure.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe May 22, 2015, 8:24 am

I am basically living Memorial Day all this week! Fish tacos, all the shrimp, ice cream….. NOMS
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Peach Basil Protein Crepes (Recipe) with Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes (Review)My Profile

• Jamie May 22, 2015, 9:21 am

I usually eat lunch around 1230/1 since I don’t eat breakfast until after my workout – which is usually around 8. I couldn’t even imagine eating lunch at 10… I’d be STARVED by 3 haha. Three things this weekend : enjoy the beach, RUN!, and go out with friends to my favorite place on Nantucket – The Chicken Box!! Hope you have a great MDW!
    Jamie recently posted…Friday Favorites 3My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

I am excited for the beach too! Can’t even believe it’s finally that season again! have a great time 🙂

• Suzy May 22, 2015, 9:40 am

Whoa, okay so I thought my son’s lunch break was early at 10:45! But before 10?!?! That’s just plain crazy. Enjoy your long weekend! We just had ours up here last weekend.
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: Divorce PartiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 3:58 pm

Isn’t that nuts? Any time before 10 is really really too early for the kids!

• Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons May 22, 2015, 11:07 am

Sometimes I don’t even eat breakfast until 9:45! I usually have lunch around 1.

3-things this weekend: A BUNCH of Indy 500 race parties (I live in Indianapolis), play date with some friends, and a little bit of running sprinkled in 🙂
    Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons recently posted…Friday, Hot Mom Check-In and Randomness!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 3:57 pm

I am done with my second breakfast by 9:45! I wake up real hungry 🙂 Have a great weekend!

• Shannon May 22, 2015, 11:52 am

I graduate from college this weekend! Yay! It should be a good weekend. I usually eat lunch between 11:30 and 12:30, unless I have things to do and have to work around that.
    Shannon recently posted…Sneaky Ingredients That Aren’t VegetarianMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 3:51 pm

OMG congratulations! Such an exciting time in your life! Have the best weekend.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld May 24, 2015, 9:39 am

the American school system baffles me! Back in Australia, everyone had the same lunch hour…as 12.45! Morning break was at 10.30! No wonder dinner was early but props to you for being up for it 😉

Wish I could have joined in Saturday! We need to work out a time 😀
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Vegan Recipes to Impress a Carnivore Part IIIMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets May 24, 2015, 9:31 pm

Was I really not following you before on Twitter? Is that possible? So weird. In any event, it’s all set now.

I hope you’re having a great weekend and enjoying whatever it is you decided to do.

• Best Movies so far June 18, 2016, 1:45 am

Hollywood bestows many breathtaking releases through the globe.
    Irrfan Khan and Deepika Padukone play their part to perfection. Mobile Phone; Long
    Trailer; re-release; DVD, Standard theatrical; teaser, sequel; special shoot,
    etc.

• martsheet.space August 27, 2016, 12:12 pm

People who are ultra glamorous will never wear clothes that will look like a person who is more of a
    cool type.