WIAW- good food from Monday

I told you I would end up back at the grocery store after my random and minimal food shop the other day!

Trader Joe's Groceries

Although, it was simply another random food shop at Trader Joe’s but I guess it’s important to restock the random sometimes, right?

Let’s take a look at what I ate on Monday…

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast #1

My early morning oatmeal with blueberries is never pretty but is just perfect when I wake up starving and need to eat before I run.

oatmeal

Peanut butter added after I warm up the bowl.

Breakfast #2:

My post-run breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I was hungry and looking for something to quench my thirst so I made a smoothie bowl which I love because I like using a spoon to eat my food instead of drinking it.

smoothie bowl

In the mix:

• Cooked oatmeal
  • Frozen berries
  • Frozen banana
  • A little diced apple
  • Spinach
  • Skoop B Strong <- remember you can save 25% right now! Use code MAY25 at check out
  • Peanut Butter
  • Ice

I love to top the smoothie bowl with more peanut butter and banana. So delicious!

Mondays require a lot of coffee. Although, every day requires a lot of coffee in my world.

coffee

Lunch:

I am on a simple and sweet lunch kick and I hope it doesn’t end soon because I love it.

english muffin with peanut butter

English muffin severely toasted and topped with lots of peanut butter, half with diced apple and the other half with banana.

So sometimes this happens at random times of the day.

pb and banana

Okay so more than sometimes…I just can’t resist the combo when I need a snack!

Dinner:

I went back to loaded sweet potato bowls this week.

loaded sweet potato bowl

I realize you can’t really see the sweet potato at the bottom of the bowl but there is a giant sweet potato baked and loaded with roasted frozen broccoli, brussels sprouts, Vincent’s Marinara Sauce (the best!) and lots of nutritional yeast.

Lacking a bit on protein maybe but I never claimed to be a perfectly balanced eater. I just eat what I am in the mood to eat.

Dessert:

I am on a roll lately conjuring up new healthy snack recipes.

oatmeal raisin protein cookies

I created a new version of my Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Skoop of course because I can’t stop experimenting with it!

Recipe to come soon. I promise. It’s a good one. Actually, a great one. In fact, I even shocked myself in terms of how delicious these cookies came out on the first try.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

WIAW - Lots of good food from Monday #wiaw @healthyskoop #peanutbutter #smoothiebowls Click To Tweet

**********************

Do you drink your smoothies or use a spoon?

Which do you prefer – apples with nut butter or bananas with nut butter?

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 20, 2015, 6:46 am

Okay now I really need to do a loaded sweet potato, yours looks so good! The post run meal always feels the best, I think that’s why breakfast is my favorite! I’ve also been making lots of snack recipes lately 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Taming the RungerMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 20, 2015, 7:54 am

I still can’t get over the fact that you’re loving smoothies so much lately 😛 They’re one of my absolute favourite things to eat, and I pretty much always eat them with a spoon. In fact, if I can comfortably drink them with a straw, it probably means that they’re not thick enough. And bananas + AB all the way — it’s not even a contest.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. a spoon in colorado {blend 2015} .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

Love a thick smoothie…in my bowl. I can’t believe I am blending them up either but I guess they remind me of frozen yogurt sort of which is why I like them so much.

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables May 20, 2015, 7:57 am

I’m long over due for a Trader Joe’s run but seeing your haul (omg those hundred calorie cooke packs are perfection) I’m thinking I might try to swing by there after work today!
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Tone It Up Meals: Week 6My Profile

• L May 20, 2015, 8:27 am

I love smoothie bowls, but I never thought to put cooked oatmeal in there! I can’t wait to experiment when I get my protein powder:)

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:25 pm

OMG love it with cooked oatmeal! Thickens it nice, you wouldn’t know it was there. Let me know when you try it with the SKoop!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 20, 2015, 8:29 am

Not sure why only the L showed up in my comment above for my name; my internet is being crazy today so I guess Im lucky my comments are even posting:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…It’s Been Awhile (#WIAW)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

I am having issues today (and lately) too! Are you having problems through bloglovin? I am! It’s so annoying!

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl May 20, 2015, 8:48 am

Love sweet potato bowls, they’re so simple and yet taste of so many decadent flavors!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #11: Getting Ready to GraduateMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:23 pm

Agree – I can make one every night and switch the flavors which makes me feel as though I am eating something totally different eat day.

• Jamie May 20, 2015, 9:07 am

It honestly doesn’t matter how hard I try, my oatmeal and nut butter DOES NOT photograph well. It looks like baby food haha. And you have posed one of the hardest questions I think I’ve ever been asked… apple or banana with nut butter… I honestly don’t know. I love both! Maybe I love banana with cashew butter and apple with almond butter? I really can chhose! : )

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:23 pm

I like that you switched up your nut butters in order to try to answer the question!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld May 20, 2015, 9:14 am

Seriously cannot get enough of the coffee here- I’m on two a day and I was never like that at home!

Craving a smoothie now! Thanks for linking up, Happy WIAW!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…What I ate Wednesday #224- I’m so fancyMy Profile

• Jillie May 20, 2015, 9:15 am

I’ve had so many smoothie bowls over the past few years that I forgot that people even drink them. It’s the only way.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns May 20, 2015, 9:31 am

I drink my smoothies! I hate it when it’s too thick to drink, so I guess we’re quite opposite with that. I love that crunchy chia peanut butter from Trader Joe’s I see in one of your pictures! It’s so filling and delicious 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Wednesday Reviews : Pop Sugar Must Have Box {May}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:21 pm

Isn’t that pb from tj delicious?! I really really love it. It’s my go-to jar right now.

• Suzy May 20, 2015, 10:07 am

You know, I have to be honest and say that I don’t want to waste peanut butter on a fruit. I’d way rather eat it on bread and then have fruit separately. I love bread and butter and peanut butter. I love it when there’s so much that it drips down my hand when I’m eating it.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: A Nice Piece of GoatMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:21 pm

I definitely understand – I love a toasted English muffin with pb or cinnamon raisin bread. So good.

• Shannon May 20, 2015, 11:24 am

Apples and PB is one of the best combos ever. And smoothies are 100 times more fun to eat with a spoon. The thicker the better!
    Shannon recently posted…PB & J SmoothieMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:20 pm

Totally agree! I need to find a nice long spoon for when I pour my smoothie in a tall cup.

• Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons May 20, 2015, 11:28 am

That sweet potato bowl looks amazing! You’ve definitely inspired my dinner for tonight!

I prefer bananas with nut butter, but apples are definitely a close second 🙂
    Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons recently posted…Moving OnMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:20 pm

I love my apples with peanut butter but there is something special about a banana with peanut butter too 🙂

• Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me May 20, 2015, 11:54 am

I have never tried a smoothie in a bowl before but it seems as though everyone in the blogging world loves them! I guess I need to get on this!
    I am DEFINIITELY banana + peanut butter. When it comes to apples, I will just eat them on their own.
    Have a wonderful day girl! 🙂
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…WIAW: Home Alone, and Happily Eating.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 20, 2015, 2:19 pm

I never liked smoothies because I don’t like to drink my food so eating them with a spoon and in a bowl is the only way I can do it! And I love it 🙂

• Kate May 20, 2015, 3:33 pm

How could you possibly make us choose between apples or banana with nut butter?! Impossible! 😛 Your eats look really yummy though
    Kate recently posted…What I Ate In BerlinMy Profile

• Cookie Yi May 20, 2015, 6:00 pm

Your Sweet Potato Bowl looks really yummy!

• Jen@jpabstfitness May 20, 2015, 9:53 pm

Loaded potato bowl- I haven’t had one in a really long time, I think I just found my lunch plan for tomorrow!

Hmmm, tough question, but I think apples and PB wins over bananas and PB.
    Jen@jpabstfitness recently posted…Mom / Daughter Activity NightMy Profile

• Emily May 22, 2015, 8:43 am

Probably Bananas + peanut butter is my favorite! I like to do both with my smoothies. If I’m in a bigger hurry I’ll drink it. If I’m not, and it’s thick enough, I’ll eat it with a spoon!

How do all of you bloggers remember to take pictures of your food? Was it an easy habit to start?
    Emily recently posted…Thinking out Loud Thursday with Amanda!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

I don’t always remember to but I guess over time you think automatically to snap a picture of something that looks good! Or, you remember because you are planning a post about what you are eating.