recent eats

When I think about my blog posts for the week, I always equate Wednesday with food.

I don’t have a full day of eats for you today so I won’t be participating in the What I Ate Wednesday fun but I do have a whole bunch of meals I want to share with you so let’s take a look at what I have been eating recently…

So technically I didn’t eat this plate of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread french toast but I made it so many times last week for my son for breakfast that I want you to see it, okay?!

french toast

While the french toast is cooking in the skillet, I add in sliced bananas. They get a little warm and gooey but not too gooey because they don’t cook for that long.

Maoz changed their salad bowls to some sort of rectangular container.

maoz

I can’t decide if this square bowl/plate thing benefited me or them in terms of how much I was given but in my opinion, I can never get enough. Of course I asked for several helpings of the roasted broccoli but does it look like several? I didn’t think so.

Did you hear Panera is removing artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and sweeteners (like 150 ingredients) from their meals? While that’s all fine and terrific, they took it a little too far because they removed my favorite power hummus bowl from their menu which really wasn’t a nice thing to do to me.

While yes they will special make the power hummus bowl, sometimes I don’t feel like being TOO difficult which means I go back to ordering the barbeque chicken salad…without the chicken plus avocado.

panera salad

And I am not sure why this salad doesn’t automatically include avocado?

I am still on a smoothie kick for lunch…

smoothie

But I also can’t get enough english muffins with peanut butter as my midday meal. And fruit, lots of fruit.

english muffin with peanut butter

I am trying to be careful with the pineapple consumption (too much irritates my mouth) but lately I seem to handle it just fine!

fruit

I remembered to use chopsticks the other night to eat my stir fry in place of a fork.

stir fry

And I even remembered that I want to share how I roast frozen vegetables this week so I am working on putting together the post! Let’s hope for Friday…

roasted frozen broccoli

As if my Mother’s Day desserts weren’t enough, look at what I enjoyed last night…

dessert

Rainbow cookies were always my favorite but gosh how I love a really fudgy chocolate layer cake.

IMG_1237

Makes me smile 🙂

Recent Eats! #Maoz #Panera #chocolatecake #recenteats Click To Tweet

*****************

Do you have a standard order at Panera?

Which fruits are currently in your kitchen?

Did you have dessert last night? What was it?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe May 13, 2015, 6:44 am

My go to at Panera is the Thai Chicken Salad. It is my favorite. Or the french onion (no cheese) with some sort of salad (depends on my mood).
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Piri Piri Spiced Turkey Burgers (Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free)My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 13, 2015, 8:05 am

Every salad should automatically include avocado, I agree! The french toast looks great with those warm bananas! Bananas cooked just a little are so good 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Race Day EatsMy Profile

• Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet May 13, 2015, 8:14 am

That cake!!! #toodeadlytohandle 🙂 I’ve been on a fruit salad kick, especially with pineapples. Raspberries and strawberries are also always on deck. So good 🙂

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 13, 2015, 8:17 am

Pineapple used to really bother my mouth and stomach as well, but lately it’s been treating me alright too. Hmm. Bizarre. And now I’ve been able to go back to eating apples without suffering any sort of ill effects, so I have no idea what this allergy nonsense is all about. But I keep tonnes of fruit in my kitchen at all times anyways. Bananas, melons, berries, oranges. Can’t live without them.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. chocolate chip cookie dough bars .My Profile

• Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life May 13, 2015, 8:25 am

I love the Thai chicken salad at Panera. I have the same issue with pineapple bothering my mouth and totally get myself into trouble when I buy a nice golden pineapple! I can’t stop eating it, but then my mouth itches/burns the rest of the day! I guess it could be worse, right?
    Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life recently posted…WIAW: Lots of LeftoversMy Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 13, 2015, 8:34 am

My go-to order at Panera is the Fuji apple chicken salad. I get nervous to try anything else! Although sometimes I will do a 1/2 salad and 1/2 soup. Last night’s dessert was dark chocolate covered nuts.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Working With A Running Coach (Guest Post)My Profile

• Jamie May 13, 2015, 9:38 am

Um. I LIVE for those rainbow cookies. After this post, I need to go find some iMMEDIATELY! I always order a fiji chicken salad, no chicken, no cheese, dressing on the side. So basically I have lettuce with onions. Haha. And fruits in my kitchen are stocked right now. I’m on a big acai bowl for breakfast kick so I have frozen acai berries, bananas, strawberries, frozen mangos, and frozen pomegranate seeds.
    Jamie recently posted…WIAW 2My Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner May 13, 2015, 10:05 am

I need to go check out the new panera menu. I have a bad feeling my mac and cheese will be one of the items that goes. I might cry.

And you know I’m all about the chocolate cake. ALL ABOUT IT. I want it right now.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Birthday CelebrationsMy Profile

• Suzy May 13, 2015, 10:10 am

That fudgy chocolate cake is not fair! And that was definitely not several helpings of roasted broccoli. Grrrr! I had a Purdy’s chocolate peanut butter bar for dessert last night (Mother’s Day gift).
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Alive PartyMy Profile

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner May 13, 2015, 10:24 am

I never there will never be a short of desserts presented to make me drool early in the morning 🙂
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…Tried it Tuesday #24: Rain is Only a Good Thing when Luke Bryan is InvolvedMy Profile

• Shannon May 13, 2015, 11:07 am

I want to visit New York just so I can tag along with you to all the best restaurants! I don’t think I have ever eaten a full meal at Panera, but I want to now after hearing about their changing menu.
    Shannon recently posted…DIY Succulent Wall PlanterMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld May 13, 2015, 1:33 pm

and now I’m convinced we need to screw lunch and have a full day of eats- Panera. Maoz. Red Mango.

That french toast looks epic, your son’s lucky to have you as a mum!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Comment on Microwave English Muffin by manilaspoonMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 13, 2015, 2:02 pm

That would be an awesome day of food for sure! Let’s include the Peanut Butter & Co. Sandwich shop too!

• Emma @ Em-powered Wellness May 13, 2015, 3:44 pm

Wait they took the power bowl off of the menu?? I would have thought that would be one of their less processed meals….
    Emma @ Em-powered Wellness recently posted…5 Tips for Biking to Work for National Bike MonthMy Profile

• Meghan @ getoffyourbuttandrun May 13, 2015, 8:16 pm

I always order the Chicken Cobb salad at Panera. And yes, EVERY salad should come with avocado! Right now we have watermelon, pineapple, apples, and bananas. In the freezer I have frozen berries and frozen cherries for smoothies! I’m having strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight. I actually do not like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream. To me, it doesn’t taste like chocolate and grosses me out!

• Chelsea @ lil miss fitness freak May 14, 2015, 9:11 am

Pineapple is still my jam! I’m so glad it doesn’t irritate my mouth or I would cry a lil (a lot..) inside. So good melted in oatmeal. Nomz. That stirfry looks epic. I love strifries but I have to watch myself with them because my tummy hates me eating too may veg. My stomach really hates me lol

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 14, 2015, 9:17 am

I totally hear you on the veggie thing – I have to really watch my vegetable consumption and even try to stick with frozen vegetables to keep my stomach happy.