Gumballs Make Me Smile

Thinking-Out-Loud

Do you know why I was so happy to see this card in Target the other day?

gumball card

There’s something about the sight of gumballs, all of the pretty colors packed inside of a cute little red machine, that always puts a smile on my face.

And the fact that a card company created this gumball image with this happy phrase signifies that my happy gumball thought process is not only valid but must be shared by others.

gumballs

A few years ago I even decided that courthouses and government agencies (hello I went through a divorce) should have gumball machines in their lobbies just to ease the tension in the buildings.

Genius idea, I know, but no one really cared to hear it when I offered the suggestion.

Have you seen this HILARIOUS yet true 21 Things You Should Know About Dating A Woman Who Loves Food article?

I first read it via link shared by Sam at Better With Sprinkles and can’t help but continue to read it again and again!

#21 – Of course bring me dessert but I want flowers too (pretty pink roses or peonies!)

#11 – Just no. Never bring me anything for my kitchen as a gift unless I can wear it on my wrist, around my neck or on my ring finger!

Although, I do think I need a spiralizer thing. It’s time.

We had dinner the other night at Vincent’s Clam Bar which confirmed that I need to be making my own zucchini marinara.

zucchini marinara

And ironically, as I was preparing this post yesterday to tell you about how I had the best zucchini marinara and how I need to start making it at home, I received a text from Heather asking me if I have a spiralizer and if so, is it easy to use.

Just like the other day with the smoothies, Heather and I are just always on the same wave length.

It was so crazy weird when she asked me! I couldn’t believe I was typing about needing a spiralizer when she asked me completely out of nowhere if I had one!

I made these cute (and delicious) snack bites the other day and already made another batch because we finished them within two hours.

pb-protein-bites

I didn’t measure my ingredients nor did I didn’t bother to look up my previous bite recipe which used the same basics (peanut butter, oats and Skoop B-Strong Viva-Nilla) yet it turns out I made these bites slightly different from the originals which means we have a new recipe to come!

Skoop is my favorite ingredient at the moment by the way, just my favorite.

I never thought I would love a protein powder or make room in my diet for it but here we are.

skoop

I should probably do a post on all of the ways I like to incorporate Skoop into my diet right now (oatmeal, yogurt bowls, mixed with peanut butter, in my smoothies, snack bites, cookies…) but until I get around to that, I will recommend that you take advantage of the deal they are running at the moment of 20% off site-wide through April 30th — use code MCSP20 at checkout!

If you aren’t sure just yet that you will love Skoop as much as I do (it’s plant-based!), they also have a Sample Skoop deal where you will receive a blender bottle, two B-Strong samples, and an A-Game 5-day challenge for just $10.

Healthy Skoop

I am a Skoop Ambassador for a reason –> love the stuff and absolutely think you would love it too.

I also recommend that you start your day with coffee like I do.

coffee

Coffee puts a smile on my face (like the gumballs) and most definitely makes me a nicer person.

I am sure going to miss these free Panera cups of coffee when my month of free coffee ends next week.

Okay folks, time for me to eat and run, heading into the city a little later this morning!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

Gumballs Make Me Smile #thinkingoutloud #gumballs #happy @runwithspoons Click To Tweet

************

When was the last time you put a quarter in a gumball machine? I do it regularly at ShopRite!

Which do you prefer to receive – flowers or dessert OR BOTH?!

Do you have a spiralizer, and if so, do you like it? Do I need it?

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables April 23, 2015, 7:28 am

Oh my gosh, that Thought Catalog article about dating a women who loves food is SO TRUE. I could definitely tell you my relationship milestones, via dinners. hahaha
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Tone It Up- Week 2My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe April 23, 2015, 7:38 am

What if instead of gumballs, government buildings had energy ball machines???
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Fight Your Fight — Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 23, 2015, 7:40 am

I’m on the fence about a spiralizer. I like the idea of it, but I’m not sure what all I’d use it for since I don’t really like zucchini. That and I don’t know how much I need a new kitchen gadget sitting around since I have my fair share of them that I thought I NEEDED and ended up using a few times and forgetting about.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #127 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:11 am

I don’t LOVE zucchini either but I do love zucchini marinara when I order it in restaurants.

• Beverley Cheng April 23, 2015, 9:10 am

There is a gum ball machine at the dimsum place that my boyfriend and i always go to and we get one everytime afterwards! haha i love it so much
    Beverley Cheng recently posted…Tofu Thai Green CurryMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:10 am

Isn’t it a fun little treat? I love getting a gumball from the machine when I am food shopping.

• Suzy April 23, 2015, 9:20 am

The video store that we would go to every weekend as a teenager had gumball`
    Suzy recently posted…Dear Brain, From AnxietyMy Profile

• Suzy April 23, 2015, 9:22 am

LOL oops, Callum walked over and hit my laptop and my comment submitted before I was done. The movie store gumball machine would have a few black gumballs sprinkled throughout the container and if we got a black one we would get a free movie. I think law offices could give away a free divorce.
    Suzy recently posted…Dear Brain, From AnxietyMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:10 am

1- love that movie gumball machine concept and 2- yes! Divorce lawyers should most certainly give out something sweet. I think it would ease the tension all around.

• SAra @ Lake Shore Runner April 23, 2015, 10:00 am

oh my gosh i can’t wait to read that article!! Also I couldn’t agree more about starting your day with coffee!!

I love dessert but a girl wants flowers too 🙂 And YES you need a spiralizer. Enough said. Go TODAY!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:09 am

I didn’t get over to the store yesterday for the spiralizer but I really intend to get it!

• Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl April 23, 2015, 10:03 am

A spiralizer is the top thing on my list of kitchen items (well, that and a food processor). The trouble is my tiny Manhattan kitchen is so crowded, I feel like if I add anything else I will need to stop keeping more than 6 plates around!
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…That Time I Wrote My First NovelMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:08 am

Hahaha – I hear you! City kitchens are small and I can’t even say that mine on Long Island gives me enough cabinet space either! Never enough!

• Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons April 23, 2015, 10:28 am

Dessert, no flowers. The way to my heart is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate 🙂

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 23, 2015, 10:54 am

I made some snack bites with raisins and choc chips and almond butter that look really similar and were also gone way too fast! And yes, the sight of gumballs does make me really happy, must be childhood memories 🙂 You definitely need a spiralizer, I agree, I don’t use mine a ton but it’s a great option to have.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Strapped to the Kitchen Counter – TOLMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner April 23, 2015, 10:56 am

Ummm bring me dessert every time. Hands down. I’m not a flower person but I have to admit– my coworker’s boyfriend just had flowers shipped to her at the office “just because” and I definitely had an awww moment. I’d probably be really embarrassed getting all the attention she’s getting right now, but I also secretly wish that sort of thing would happen to me. Someone go tell KBT!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Instagram vs. RealityMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:04 am

Desserts are a must but there’s something about receiving flowers that is also really special. Especially when you are at work!

• Jessie April 23, 2015, 11:53 am

Starting the day off with coffee just makes every morning a good morning! 🙂 Talking about that article for dating a woman whose in love with food.. I’m all about #11: If you want to be a hero, randomly bring over one of the following: wine, cheese, good bread or ice cream…. I prefer either red mango or mcdonalds. I actually have a cup of mcdonalds vanilla soft serve in my freezer from earlier this week that my dear friend here surprised with me. I’m thinking I may have it after pizza tonight. 🙂

• Shannon April 23, 2015, 1:02 pm

Spiralizers are so much fun. I get so much amusement out of using it! I think they intentionally made government buildings drab and lifeless because they don’t want people to want to be there haha! Gum ball machines would certainly relax the atmosphere though.
    Shannon recently posted…Crispy Baked Tofu FingersMy Profile

• Lish April 23, 2015, 1:40 pm

Love the pasta-esque zucchini! sounds so good!
    Gumballs make me pretty happy as well 🙂
    Lish recently posted…Ragnar Trail Zion here we come!My Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld April 23, 2015, 11:56 pm

Let’s start a riot outside city hall next week- Gumballs in court rooms should be mandatory- When I interned in one two years ago, I thought there should be an ice cream truck. That idea got shot down.

I hope you get a spiraliser purely to whip up some magic with your veggie intake!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…No Bake Blueberry Muffin Energy BallsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 24, 2015, 6:00 am

I would have voted for ice cream truck too! Ice cream and gumballs. All happy foods!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets April 27, 2015, 6:35 am

I’m thinking I need a spiralizer too, especially when you factor in how many veggies I get and consume in the summer months. To be fair, I do my share of shredding and freezing, which while cool is not the same as spiralizing.

You got some synchronicity going on there. It’s a beautiful thing.

Next post: