When Your Keurig Decides Not To Work & Other Random Thoughts

1.There are two clocks in my kitchen which are both slower than actual time.

One is two minutes slower. One is three minutes slower. It’s becoming a problem.

Getting my son up on time, getting him to the bus stop for school, every second in the morning counts.

It’s only 6:32 he has a few minutes, no wait, it’s 6:34 gosh no now it’s 6:35 it’s late he must get up!

2. I am so tired lately at night that the last thing I feel like doing is the whole face-washing-getting-ready-for-bed hygiene thing.

I refuse to skip any part of the beauty process (makeup remover-> face wash -> toner ->serum -> moisturizers) but one night this week I was SO NOT in the mood that something just had to give so I allowed myself to skip brushing my teeth before bed.

Take that routine, take that.

3. I am confident in saying there are at least two pairs of socks hanging out under the covers at the foot of my bed right now, left over from nights when I got hot and kicked them off while sleeping.

I see the bumps from the socks under my comforter when I make the bed yet I leave them there in case I wake up with cold toes so I don’t have to get up to find a pair of socks.

Genius? More like lazy.

4. My running shoes are not my sneakers and my sneakers are not my running shoes.

Yes, there’s a difference.

5. The cord to my hairdryer is completely tangled up like an old wall-mounted 1986 telephone. Do they make wireless hairdryers yet?

6. I walked into my son’s room the other morning and discovered a stash of Laffy Taffy.

laffy taffy

Where did the Laffy Taffy come from, when is he eating it, are his retainers in his mouth while he tries to chew it, are there wrappers laying somewhere else that I haven’t seen yet, why is their candy in his room does this mean he eats food in here on a regular basis which is just not okay and worst of all…

I can’t stop singing the Laffy Taffy song!

Girl shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy, shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy…

7. If you follow me on instagram, you saw that my Keurig machine decided not to work again yesterday morning.

After cursing a whole bunch followed by wasting three or four kcups trying to get the dumb machine to brew and only getting coffee grinds spit into my mug, I called Meaghan who always saves my day.

I walked over with my mug and kcup to use her Keurig which made me think it’s real important to be nice to your neighbors just in case you have an early morning coffee issue and require emergency assistance.

I think we should all start eating breakfast at Meaghan’s house.

Not only does her Keurig machine work, I walked in on a breakfast that is better than any I have seen recently and I see a lot of breakfasts you know as a loyal blog writer and reader.

Ben & Jerry's

Waffles and ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s HALF BAKED ice cream.

8. The last thing I felt like/had time for yesterday was the shlep over to Bed, Bath & Beyond in order to exchange my broken Keurig for a new one.

Had it been any other appliance, I would have waited it out, made do without it for as long as possible, paid someone to do it for me or really, per the life-long usual, relied on my father to handle the monotonous task because he lives for tedious appliance exchanges like this.

But it involved my coffee. My morning coffee. #priorities

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

When your Keurig Machine decides not to work and other random thoughts #thinkingoutloud #coffee #keurig Click To Tweet

One appliance you can’t live without?

One food you cannot live a day without? Peanut butter!

What’s on the workout agenda for today?!

1. says

I can’t skip the skincare thing at night either. Even back in the day when I was coming home at 4 AM on a regular basis, the face was always washed. And I’m not sure I could choose between my Keurig and blender when it came to most valuable appliance. I use both every morning and my days would just feel goofy without them.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #126 .My Profile

2. says

Coffee will always be a priority. I use a french press every morning and when the glass broke while my boyfriend was making coffee for us, I looked over to him with that look that says, “you know you’re going to need to replace this after work, right?” because there was no way I was going to the kitchen store in our neighborhood. Last thing I want to do. Horrible idea for my wallet since I will buy everything.

Now if only my neighbors were as sweet and awesome as yours! Mine is a college student who likes to rage on Tuesday nights. It keeps me young.

3. says

I can relate to almost all of this! I always say I need to do my bed time routine earlier because I’m beyond exhausted by the time I get around to it, although never skip anything. Okay sometimes the flossing if I’m really tired! I also found a lollipop stash in my daughter’s bed, the sneakers/running shoes can’t be confused and can’t live without my coffee maker. Also that half baked was my favorite flavor for most of college 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Burning Diaries and Outdoor Yoga – TOLMy Profile

4. says

I better start being nice to my new neighbors in case I ever have a coffee emergency! Actually they are all really nice and would probably share their coffee but I think I need to stop scaring them by running around in compression socks and doing my glute exercises on front on the windows. Or maybe they will just get used to it.
    I think that now that I have had a Keurig it would be really hard to live without it. Also my vitamix.
    I was planning to try a run this morning but I woke up with a terribly stiff neck. It hurts to lay down, sit down, stand up…so yeah running wasn’t happening today.

5. says

I have a spare Keirig in our cupboard right now. Too bad I couldn’t just run it over to your house! I’m not a fan of them. I like making my coffee in a french press so that there’s a puddle of coffee sludge at the bottom of my cup. Heck, the whole thing is coffee sludge. It’s a meal in a cup!
    Suzy recently posted…How to Run Through a Broken Toe Like an IdiotMy Profile

6. says

What a coffee catastrophe! (yes, that was super corny. whatever!) I’m glad you have fantastic neighbors who can save the day. Close one! I also can’t live without my Keurig at work. Luckily there’s 3 others on my floor so if mine decides to stop working I have backups 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…TOLT: 20 QuestionsMy Profile

7. says

Waffles + half baked ice cream=genius. I need to do that. I don’t live in the type of apartment complex where you can just go knock on someone else’s door next door but my roommates did it a few weeks ago when they realized our can opener was broken. Then when Tim was over Friday, he was like “yeaaaaa this isn’t the type of place you can just go ask to borrow some sugar” and my roommate was like “Oh, I did that last week.” true life: it pays to be friends with your neighbors.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Post-Injury RunningMy Profile

8. says

Right there with you. If the coffee machine dies, you’re replacing it that same day, no matter how much you despise mid-week errands (me).

The clock in the bedroom is 5 minutes fast. It makes the hubby bananas, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

A wireless hair dryer…now that is a genius idea.