1.There are two clocks in my kitchen which are both slower than actual time.
One is two minutes slower. One is three minutes slower. It’s becoming a problem.
Getting my son up on time, getting him to the bus stop for school, every second in the morning counts.
It’s only 6:32 he has a few minutes, no wait, it’s 6:34 gosh no now it’s 6:35 it’s late he must get up!
2. I am so tired lately at night that the last thing I feel like doing is the whole face-washing-getting-ready-for-bed hygiene thing.
I refuse to skip any part of the beauty process (makeup remover-> face wash -> toner ->serum -> moisturizers) but one night this week I was SO NOT in the mood that something just had to give so I allowed myself to skip brushing my teeth before bed.
Take that routine, take that.
3. I am confident in saying there are at least two pairs of socks hanging out under the covers at the foot of my bed right now, left over from nights when I got hot and kicked them off while sleeping.
I see the bumps from the socks under my comforter when I make the bed yet I leave them there in case I wake up with cold toes so I don’t have to get up to find a pair of socks.
Genius? More like lazy.
4. My running shoes are not my sneakers and my sneakers are not my running shoes.
Yes, there’s a difference.
5. The cord to my hairdryer is completely tangled up like an old wall-mounted 1986 telephone. Do they make wireless hairdryers yet?
6. I walked into my son’s room the other morning and discovered a stash of Laffy Taffy.
Where did the Laffy Taffy come from, when is he eating it, are his retainers in his mouth while he tries to chew it, are there wrappers laying somewhere else that I haven’t seen yet, why is their candy in his room does this mean he eats food in here on a regular basis which is just not okay and worst of all…
I can’t stop singing the Laffy Taffy song!
Girl shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy, shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy…
7. If you follow me on instagram, you saw that my Keurig machine decided not to work again yesterday morning.
After cursing a whole bunch followed by wasting three or four kcups trying to get the dumb machine to brew and only getting coffee grinds spit into my mug, I called Meaghan who always saves my day.
I walked over with my mug and kcup to use her Keurig which made me think it’s real important to be nice to your neighbors just in case you have an early morning coffee issue and require emergency assistance.
I think we should all start eating breakfast at Meaghan’s house.
Not only does her Keurig machine work, I walked in on a breakfast that is better than any I have seen recently and I see a lot of breakfasts you know as a loyal blog writer and reader.
Waffles and ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s HALF BAKED ice cream.
8. The last thing I felt like/had time for yesterday was the shlep over to Bed, Bath & Beyond in order to exchange my broken Keurig for a new one.
Had it been any other appliance, I would have waited it out, made do without it for as long as possible, paid someone to do it for me or really, per the life-long usual, relied on my father to handle the monotonous task because he lives for tedious appliance exchanges like this.
But it involved my coffee. My morning coffee. #priorities
Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!When your Keurig Machine decides not to work and other random thoughts #thinkingoutloud #coffee… Click To Tweet
One appliance you can’t live without?
One food you cannot live a day without? Peanut butter!
What’s on the workout agenda for today?!