Weekend Sentence Per Picture

After last week’s all potato diet, I didn’t need to restock very much aside from the essentials from Trader Joe’s.

Trader Joe's Groceries

I feel so LOVED.

LOVE DROP

Who needs flowers when you get special deliveries from Love Grown Foods?!

LOVE DROP

Look at all of these new cereals and oh my, the Cranberry Pecan Oat Clusters- so delicious!

Saturday was a beautiful day for a 15 mile run and oh yeah, opening day for little league season.

little league

Returning champs, just saying.

No one but you and I know about the Pro Compression socks that were hiding under my leggings Saturday night which allowed me to sit comfortably during the Islanders game.

Pro Compression socks

Can hardly put Saturday night’s LAST EVER regular season Islanders game at the Nassau Coliseum into words.

Islanders game

Although it’s funny that I say I have no words…

Islanders game

Because I found plenty of words regarding this sad move to Brooklyn when I wrote an article for Newsday (the main newspaper around these parts) and ended up the featured story this weekend both online (trending as a TOP NEWS STORY!) as well as printed in Sunday’s newspaper!

Newsday article

Click here for the online link if you are interested 🙂

And if all of this Newsday hockey fame wasn’t awesome enough, Saturday night’s Crowd Pleaser Sundae at Friendly’s after the game, which I thought about the entire time contemplating our 12 flavors…was well worth the wait through overtime.

I hate when games go into overtime when I want my dessert!

Friendly's Crowd Pleaser

So the flavors….

Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies n Cream, Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter Fudge, Reeses Fudge, Butter Crunch, Confetti and Sinful Chocolate (we doubled up a few of them).

Friendly's Crowd Pleaser

Toppings: Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream, Peanut Butter Sauce, Sprinkles, Cookie Crumbs, Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Chips and Pound Cake.

You are totally welcome to join next time just know that we don’t share so you will need to go your own way.

Friendly's Crowd Pleaser

This sundae may be called a Crowd Pleaser and boast 12 scoops of ice cream but we call it a really fun serving for two.

Did I mention I was able to wear flip flops yesterday?!

flip flops

Such a good time. Such a good weekend. Ready for the week ahead!

Weekend Sentence Per Picture @lovegrownfoods @NYIslanders #isles #newsday #friendlys #icecream Click To Tweet

*****************

What’s on your exercise agenda for today?

How do you feel about gummy bears in your ice cream/frozen yogurt? I didn’t let my son ruin our sundae with them!

Best thing you ate all weekend?

• Tina Muir April 13, 2015, 6:11 am

WHOOOAAA that banana split looks ahhhmaazzinggg! I can’t wait to go nuts on my sweet tooth in a few weeks!! You would be proud of how well I am doing in these last few weeks….my bridal shower next sunday may be an issue however hahah….something tells me I am not gonna stick to it that day! Congrats on your work being in the paper! How exciting! Cant wait to see you in a few days!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Enchilada Quinoa BakeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 13, 2015, 6:48 am

Are you trying to tell me that wherever I pick for us to go has to be totally sweets free? lol I don’t know how to do that properly! lol can’t wait to see you!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe April 13, 2015, 6:32 am

My stomach would be dead after that think, though I commend you for your prowess. I want a bite of each flavor and combo, though, thank you. Whilst I am sad for your loss, at least you still have a team to cheer for: Winnipeg stole my team–I refuse to ever cheer for the Jets. Best thing I ate this weekend was dinner on Thursday night, but I would take any part of this weekend all over again!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Georgia Birthday Weekend and Spring Suz! (Smile Brilliant Review)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:28 pm

I can understand not rooting for Winnipeg. It’s just not the same. I get it.

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables April 13, 2015, 7:36 am

Oh my gosh, that’s so cool that your article was in the paper? And WOAH that ice cream sundae BOAT looks amazing haha
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…“Cheesy” Kale Chips [+ Tone It Up Bikini Series]My Profile

• Jessie April 13, 2015, 8:00 am

I think its 100% accurate to say that Friendly’s has some delicious ice cream. In fact, Joshua & I make it a priority to go there while we visit the States!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 13, 2015, 8:07 am

That sundae, though… 😯 It’s been a while since I’ve had something that epic. And while they’re not my favourite topping, I actually don’t mind gummy bears in ice cream… but the bas flavour has to be something plain like vanilla, otherwise things get a little too complicated.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. as we speak… in the mountains [yet again] .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:27 pm

Believe it or not, this sundae wasn’t too complicated even with all of the flavors. I didn’t care for the confetti flavor (like a cake batter) but everything else really did work!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 13, 2015, 9:25 am

No gummies on ice cream! Unless you want broken teeth! That looks like an amazing sundae 🙂 I can’t wait for flip flops and I think I might need your exact pair.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…5k Training, a Wedding, and an 18 Hour HeadacheMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:26 pm

I don’t understand why anyone likes gummies in their ice cream. Awful.

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner April 13, 2015, 10:14 am

I appreciate all of your ice cream flavor choices and toppings!
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…Fun Filled Family Weekend Recap & Yoga for Runners VideoMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner April 13, 2015, 10:40 am

I love the ice cream. You know I do. I got some yesterday afternoon before we left DC and it hit the spot. Nothing like Kilwins and Coldstone, but ice cream is ice cream. I wonder if they do have a DQ or something near Delaware so we can meet halfway. I’ll have to look into that! Also SO COOL that you were published in the paper. I’m emailing you right now- lots to catch you up on.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…4/5-4/11My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:25 pm

We are totally finding somewhere to meet half way. A rest stop on the turnpike. Something. At some point. For dessert. Perfect.

• Frank April 13, 2015, 10:51 am

Congrats on the Newsday publication. Well-written, touching piece.

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl April 13, 2015, 11:37 am

That Friendly’s sundae looks DELICIOUS. When I was little I loved this one ice cream sundae there, I think it was the “Monster Mash” – it was mint chip ice cream with a Reese’s broken and sticking out, and Reese’s Pieces for the smiley face. It was my annual report card reward 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Liebster Award Q&AMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:23 pm

Yes! They still have that sundae and I looked right at the picture on the menu! I used to get the conehead sundae with the surprise at the bottom which was always Reeses Pieces but still made me smile because I knew there was a “surprise”.

• Shannon April 13, 2015, 1:21 pm

12 scoops for 2 people? Woah!! That seems like something that should be on some food challenge.
    Congrats on the article!
    Shannon recently posted…Three Bean Vegetarian ChiliMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:23 pm

Hahaha – I swear that Friendly’s gives you small scoops that somehow, it goes down fairly easily. One time we shared it among three people and we were like – wait where did all of the sundae go?

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets April 13, 2015, 6:20 pm

That is awesome news about your article. I guess every cloud does have a silver lining.

Love the grocery picture in the beginning. Those types of pics please me to no end, especially when so much of it is fruits and veggies. Hooray.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld April 13, 2015, 11:56 pm

Congrats on the article- It’s awesome to see people actually proactively do something or state their opinion instead of mention it and do nothing! It’s not loading for me so I’ll check back tomorrow!

Now that sundae….I’m game to not share either- Although seriously impressed with all those flavours- I’d get lost in it all!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Man Sass Mondays #7- America, E-Books and desserts made of liesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2015, 1:21 pm

I hope it can load so you can read it 🙂 The sundae was seriously awesome.