TOL- Craving Baked Potatoes

Thinking-Out-Loud

On Monday I showed you the ice cream cone shirt from Target.

Today we need to consider adding some Popsicles to our wardrobe.

chaser popsicls shirt

I got an email from Lester’s with an image of this Chaser brand shirt but I couldn’t find it on the Lester’s website. Instead I found it here and also found this cute popsicle tank!

CH1179_0_photo__55721.1428348554.400.600

Am I the only one who loves shirts like this, especially for summer?

So I have definitely been making it a point to pick up my free cup of coffee a day from Panera but honestly, I haven’t been in my usual guzzling coffee mood.

panera coffee

I think it’s a hormone thing.

No, I am not pregnant!

But, just like when pregnant women get turned off by coffee, my taste for coffee disappears a bit every 28 days.

What I have been craving though is giant baked potatoes.

Not a sweet potato, not even a regular potato diced up into wedges roasted all crispy.

Just a big white baked potato as my dinner four nights in a row.

baked potato

When the desire for baked potatoes hit earlier this week, I sought out the largest spuds I could find.

My favorite potato combo this week was baking it up and then topping it with hummus, avocado, a little barbecue sauce and spinach just to say I ate my greens.

It’s been a hormone-driven crazy craving flavor combination and I LOVED every second of it.

I have not been in the mood for vegetables at all and the thought of protein at night really hasn’t been appealing to me. It’s fine I tell you, we are allowed a break from serving ourselves a properly balanced plate sometimes.

I made these grain-free brownies last weekend for Passover following a recipe I located on Pinterest.

I didn’t like them.

brownies

The texture was perfect (made with sweet potato!) but they were just not sweet enough even though they looked sweet enough.

I may adjust the sugar involved to get it right. If I do, I promise to share it!

I mainly use Pinterest for recipes but I often seek out the quotes because so many of them make me laugh and I like to laugh.

This week I came up with my own Pinteresty type quotes without even trying….

I wish my pantry was as organized as my pinterest boards quote

Seriously. I can make my pinterest boards all pretty and organized but my pantry needs work. I feel like it could serve me better than it currently is but I can’t figure out how to utilize the space any better than I already am.

you know you have failed as a parent when...quote

I know Siri isn’t real but part of me feels like she is real when I hear her voice bickering with my son.

When she reprimands him for his tone and language, I feel like she is judging me as a parent and then I get nervous that she will call my cell phone directly to yell at me too.

She gets real crazy especially when he shouts at her in Hebrew but at least he is practicing what he learns each week in Hebrew school?

And to sum up my week real nice…

am-I-really-that-brilliant-quote

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

I've been craving baked potatoes #thinkingoutloud #bakedpotatoes #quotes Click To Tweet

*************

Any interesting cravings lately?

Do you sometimes skip your “balanced meal” in favor of what you really feel like eating?

What do you use Pinterest for the most?

Comments

1. says

I wonder if I took a long enough break from potatoes to be able to eat them again. I kind of overdid it at one point and started getting headaches. Womp, womp. And I had no idea you could fight with Siri. To be honest, I’ve never even spoken with “her” at all…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #125 .My Profile

2. says

Try my brownie pie recipe! My family can’t tell at all. I’ve never used sweet potatoes in brownies but I might have to try. And absolutely love that last quote, I used to think that sort of thing all the time 🙂
    P.S. I swear we’re on the same cycle because anytime you mention hormonal things I’m right there with you!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Rainy Days are Fundays TOLMy Profile

• says

I can’t remember if your yummy looking brownie pie involved almond meal? I have to go back to look. And yes we are on the same cycle which means you can maybe be happy you aren’t running the LI Half because it is looking like a major possible issue for me! lol.

• says

I love those massive sweet potatoes! I used them last week when I made sweet potato fries for Passover! I am normally on a sweet potato kick, not sure what happened this week for me!

3. says

That last one is soooo true…I say that at work all the time. Sometimes people just don’t get something that is really easy and obvious for me, and I’m just like “what is going on here….”. I might have to print that out 😛
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…TOLT: Spring WishlistMy Profile

4. says

I love the idea of topping a potato with hummus! I mean you can put that ish anywhere and I’ll basically eat it. Pretty sure I only add spinach to things because then I can say, yeah I ate my vegetables today, even though it’s drenched in hummus, hidden in a smoothie or sauteed to nothingness.
    Jillie recently posted…Nikki’s Macadamia Nut Muffin BitesMy Profile

5. says

Okay, I like you even more after reading today’s post. I loved the part where you write about the brownies, post this gorgeous pic of them and then underneath bluntly state: I didn’t like them. Ha ha ha! You rule. Siri would agree.
    Suzy recently posted…Mindless Blogging > Not MuchMy Profile

6. says

I have had a baked potato craving for the past month! They are just so good and easy to eat. I don’t like them microwaved, so I always have to plan ahead and keep some already made because they take so darn long in the oven.
    Shannon recently posted…Classic Potato SaladMy Profile

7. says

Well done Meredith. You have just put the frozen veggie blend from TJ’s at a financial loss this week….but it was for potatoes so that’s acceptable 😉

Was it your blog I saw recently that a baked potato shop had opened up near them? If so, we are going there too. (Your list is so long now…I’m sorry).
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…WIAW #218- Link Up PartyMy Profile

• says

1- I absolutely saved myself money this week on vegetables and Trader Joe’s will be seeing a loss 2- It’s possible yes that you saw potato shops opening near me and I went last night to try it out! Review next week :)…There’s a few potato places that opened in the city so add them to the list!

Trackbacks