Links To Read While Your Are Bored At Work

I don’t have a full day of food to show you today but yes, I have been busy filling up my free cup of coffee a day at Panera and on Monday, I even walked a few doors down after my cup to have lunch at my favorite place.

Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Salad

The Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Salad without the chicken.

So instead of a What I Ate Wednesday post, how about some midweek links to read while you are bored at work?

Links I am Loving!

If your boss catches you reading instead of doing your job, feel free to blame me.

This Is What Happens When You Put Cut Up Onions In Your Socks While You Sleep  – I have not tried this yet because I am waiting for you to try it first.

It’s Okay To Serve Divorce Papers Via Facebook – I can’t help but laugh at this one.

I would just claim I didn’t receive the papers since there is a chance that they were sent to that “other” facebook message inbox.

Did you know about the “other” inbox? Neither did I. Until recently. When I finally figured out that it existed, I had 23 messages sitting since 2009!

You Might Be A Healthy Living Blogger If… – Ha beyond haha beyond HA! A must read.

And please, just like I told Meghan in the comments, should I EVER refer to any sort of protein powder concoction as frosting, schedule me for an immediate dessert intervention.

Tina recently shared a terrific (and informative) post about why running easy is so hard.

Her post is great because she offers us valuable elite runner perspective and includes links to other posts on recovery runs and why they are so important.

Lately, contrary to my usual attitude, running “easy” has in fact been harder!

I have been loving my speedier runs these days so much that the next day’s easy run is harder for me to mentally and even physically maintain! But it must be done if we wish to recover and grow as runners.

Hungry Girl Newsletter – All About Powdered Peanut Butter – All you ever wanted to know about powdered peanut butter, the varieties available, the nutritional breakdown plus recipes too!

Favorite food pins:

Have you seen Fit Foodie Finds 8 Ways To Eat Overnight Oats? She shared a different overnight oats recipe each day last week and even I, who usually uses cooked oats to make my “overnight oats” am excited to try one or two or all of them. They are so pretty!

Arman’s Single Serve Peanut Butter Cup Breakfast Cookie is definitely calling my name, especially for dessert. Why not eat breakfast for dessert and dessert for breakfast?

I can’t stop thinking about How Sweet Eats Chocolate Peanut Butter Peeps Skillet S’mores. The colors alone make me happy, not to mention the chocolate and peanut butter part.

Fun fact: Did you know the Peeps factory is in Bethelem, PA which is where the Runner’s World Festival was held back in the fall?

A Month Of Meatless Meals – Great ideas and recipes if you are looking to incorporate Meatless Monday more often into your diet.

Lots of links for you to read when you should probably be working #links #recipes @tinamuir @cleaneatsfast Click To Tweet

*****************

Did you know about the “other” facebook inbox next to your regular inbox?

Are you going to put the onions in your socks?

Do you often surf the web instead of doing your job at work? Do you ever get caught?

• Tina Muir April 8, 2015, 6:31 am

Thanks for featuring me my friend 🙂 I am glad you enjoyed it, and it has been good for me as it means I have to practice what I preach….especially as we come into taper time 🙂

I am so intrigued by that onion one….what the heck could it be……gonna go check that tab out now. Have a wonderful day!
    Tina Muir recently posted…How to Practice Fueling for Your Next MarathonMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe April 8, 2015, 7:30 am

WHO THOUGHT OF PUTTING ONIONS IN YOUR SOCKS.
    That is all I want to know.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Spiralizer Vegetarian Carbonara Recipe with Naturally Smart Eggs (Gluten Free)My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 8, 2015, 8:03 am

Sooo… about that onion thing. I’m all for alternative medicine, but I don’t even keep onions at home, so I think I’ll avoid doing that for now 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. WIAW … #foodbloggerproblems .My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 8, 2015, 8:11 am

Onions in socks scares me no matter how healthy it will supposedly make me. Plus how will my husband agree to it or let me live it down? Loved Meghan’s post too! Protein powder frosting is quite terrifying.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Still Working the LeftoversMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns April 8, 2015, 8:21 am

I’m definitely guilty of surfing the web when I’m bored at work 🙂 Thanks for all the fun links to check out! I’m especially interested in the onion post..wtf?!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Wednesday Reviews: Blue ApronMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 8, 2015, 5:28 pm

I was so intrigued by the onion article! I don’t think I will try it but it is interesting!

• Carmella April 8, 2015, 8:48 am

I did not know about the “other” Facebook message folder until this year either! Had some messages in there that I would have missed.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 8, 2015, 5:27 pm

I missed so many that by the time I saw them, they were years outdated. Oh well!

• Molly@MotherhoodandMarathons April 8, 2015, 9:31 am

Thanks for the links!! These will keep me busy today….don’t tell my boss 🙂 I do surf the web a lot as part of my job, but I often end up on a tangent looking at things that have nothing to do with my work! And I’m pretty sure my boss spends just as much time surfing the web, too 😉

• Suzy April 8, 2015, 9:52 am

Is the “other” inbox filled with messages about how we can increase our penis size? Because I like the size of mine: invisible. Anyway, a good friend of mine once suggested that I hang an onion from the ceiling above my baby’s crib when he got a really bad cold. I was like, what? Sure. And then I’ll throw him into a cauldron with some chopped carrots and a bay leaf.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: What Are You Looking At?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 8, 2015, 5:26 pm

Haha…I did have some spam mail in that other inbox but also some messages from people I wasn’t facebook friends with. Whatever they said, was years outdated lol.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld April 9, 2015, 12:40 am

Actually nearly spat water on my screen…’I blame Meredith’

Thanks for the shout out- I will personally make you a batch or ten. Also…I would have totally eaten the chicken from your salad and given you my onion rings.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…WIAW #218- Link Up PartyMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets April 9, 2015, 6:51 am

I am fascinated by the onion thing. I have heard where people apply ointments to their feet while they sleep, like Vics VapoRub. I’ll let you know if I try it.

Thanks for sharing my post. I’m really glad you enjoyed it.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 9, 2015, 12:59 pm

I definitely enjoyed it! My best friend just told me she tried the onions because she had a cold, she isn’t sure if it worked but she said she had tried before because she knew about it…She never told me this before!