Completely Random Thoughts Coming Your Way…

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. I do not like Gap workout apparel, mainly because the material (especially in the long-sleeve tops) holds a smell.

Not a sweaty smell, not a detergent smell, just some sort of smell.

I can’t even call it a bad smell. It’s just a smell that I don’t want in my clothes. I don’t like it.

2. Why don’t they sell a barbecue flavored hummus?

Not that I need it special made for me when lately I special make it for myself.

Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce + Original (or Roasted Garlic) Hummus = YUM.

3. I may claim to be an unfriendly runner but I always make friends at races.

At last Saturday’s 10K race, I was chatting with a lovely woman before the race began when we realized she is a teacher at my son’s school. She was so nice and I immediately told my son after the race that I met her which he actually found really cool (she isn’t his teacher but he knows who she is).

4. Lighter on the fingers, darker on the toes. Always.

Essie Nail Polish

New Essie colors! Brides Not Grooms and Tying The Knotie!

I don’t always have the patience for a manicure but a pedicure is probably one of the most relaxing treats in my world.

When I was first going through my divorce, I literally went for a pedicure Every.Single.Week.

Picking out the color and then sitting there relaxed in the chair, even if it was only thirty minutes away from reality, made me happy.

5. Sometimes I miss my old house.

I randomly think about my big beautiful cherry wood and granite kitchen with the double wall ovens or the way I used to sit on the bottom steps in the foyer or the pretty living room furniture we bought that I could never find the right area rug to match in order to complete the look.

And in those same thoughts, I realize I love where I live right now, especially because I have a running path a step from my front door.

running path

Look look! The snow is gone so I can finally run with my shadow again!

I think that having my running path which loops the inside of my community is more important to me than baking multiple trays of cookies at one time.

Not to mention, Meaghan lives next door to me.

Do you know how awesome it is to open your front door and have your running path directly on the left and one of your closest friends directly on your right?

meaghan and me

#TBT Summer 2011

We have this deal that if we are not remarried (we are both divorced) by the time our kids are in college/our child support runs out, we will make our Kate and Allie arrangement official.

kate and allie

Only we are SO MUCH SMARTER than Kate and Allie because we have another deal that states one of us must always stay out of trouble so that the other is free to make bail.

I know, right?! You sort of feel like you are missing out on our fun. You are.

Benji and Mia 2011

Another #TBT from the summer of 2011 when we took our kids for Crumbs cupcakes after dinner.

My son may not agree (because 11 year-olds disagree with you on everything) but I like to think we are the coolest moms around town.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

We are so much smarter than Kate and Allie #thinkingoutloud #divorce Click To Tweet

**************

Please tell me you watched Kate and Allie? What was your favorite 80’s sitcom?

OMG I can’t even begin to form my list – Family Ties, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, Who’s The Boss, Punky Brewster…

Favorite hummus flavor?

What color is on your nails right now?

• Colby April 2, 2015, 5:59 am

Nails…just took off Mademoiselle, toes, Escapades…Always light nails, darker toes (unless Christmas time I do red on nails, wild I know)
    Hummus…I’m not a huge fan. Sorry. Any nut utter though, I’ll eat the whole jar 🙂
    And, I’m thinking you guys might be on the coolest moms list

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:11 am

Love Mademoiselle – such a pretty shade of pink. I also love Luscious Lips!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe April 2, 2015, 6:10 am

Alex and I were introduced to hummus + giardenaria Super Bowl weekend and it has literally changed our lives.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Suzlyfe Confessions Pt. 1 My Serious SideMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:10 am

I really go through phases with hummus, right now I am loving it and then I can go months without it!

• Jillie April 2, 2015, 6:20 am

Oh shoot. I just bought my first Gap Active top. Oh well – now I have fair warning after I wear it a few more times. And yes! Lighter on top, darker on the bottom for sure. Right now I have a pastel green on my fingers (I know, suuuuper professional) and a dark blue on my toes. I just needed a break from all of the purples and dark reds from the winter. It doesn’t help that Essie keeps coming out with all of these beautiful pastel greens! I love their Spring collection.
    Jillie recently posted…Hello April! The Next 30My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:10 am

Loving their spring collection! I find the “smell” is more in the long sleeve Gap pullovers that I have but I have finally learned my lesson and will not buy the Gap workout stuff because I just don’t love it like I love my Lulu’s.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine April 2, 2015, 6:29 am

Definitely light on fingers darker on toes! I am with you on a pedicure being so relaxing. I think I will be treating myself to one next week in the hopes that it will be warming up for real.
    I don’t think i have ever tried gap workout clothes but now I will know not to!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Thinking About Spring Break, E-mails, And Some Running Stuff Too!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:09 am

I do hope you treat yourself although I am afraid of what a pedicure costs by you lol.

• Kathy @thepandapost April 2, 2015, 6:33 am

Yikes! Thank you for the tip about Gap active wear. I am always browsing their website since I like their regular clothes . I am so sensitive to smells. Noticed a lot of my race shirts now have a stank to them, like right when I get them from packet pickup. Ugh, no fun.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:08 am

I really try not to buy anymore Gap workout clothes. I end up not liking them as much as my pieces from Lulu which make even the sale pricing I pay at the Gap completely not worth my money. I have learned that getting a few really good pieces is more worth my money.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 2, 2015, 8:13 am

“Lighter on the fingers, darker on the toes. Always.” <– YES! I tried rocking light colours on my toes a handful of times and it just feels weird. And while I don't mind darker colours on my fingers, I hate that they're so much more noticeable when they chip. And the 80's were still a little too early for me with sitcoms. 90's were my jam…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #124 .My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 2, 2015, 8:14 am

Kate and Allie! I used to love that show as a kid 🙂 That’s so cool to have a great friend next door, such a nice comfort. I’m actually wearing a Gap long sleeve right now and they are no Swiftly that’s for sure! Everytime I buy something workout related from Gap, even if it’s dirt cheap I regret it and say I’ll only buy Lulu from now on.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Back to Those Running Goals…My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 9:05 am

Wasn’t Kate And Allie the best? I wish it was still on Nick at Nite or something! And totally agree, not worth buying the cheaper stuff when we don’t like it half as much as the Lulu. I completely stopped getting suckered into the deals and just wait for my Run Swiftly’s to hit the sale rack.

• Janice April 2, 2015, 8:44 am

Love reading this everyday. Your comments about friends today is really important, not just because Meaghan is my wonderful daughter. Girls should cherish their friendships as it is what gets them through all situations. I know Meaghan feels the same about you.

• Carmella April 2, 2015, 9:04 am

I did watch Kate and Allie, but of course I love Jane Curtin from the old SNL. Enjoyed watching the SNL special to see the “old” gang.
    Enjoy the weekend!

• Suzy April 2, 2015, 11:33 am

I wasn’t allowed to watch TV as a kid, but when I had the chance to sneak it in I’d watch Bewitched or Ghostbusters because it was the most rebellious shows I could find. I love that pic of you and your friend. You guys are such hotties! And it’s so cool that you are in the same life sitch. Makes all the difference in the world to have someone who “gets” you. Yay. Oh, and yay for no more snow. Finally!
    Suzy recently posted…“Like”My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Yep, it sure makes it nice when people “get” you! I liked Bewitched too — it’s still on quite often!

• Shannon April 2, 2015, 12:54 pm

I don’t even know who Kate and Allie are… What show was that from?

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 2, 2015, 2:42 pm

Kate and Allie is a classic 80’s sitcom. One of my all time favorites! I am guessing you aren’t a kid of the 80’s but I will recommend you google it or youtube it or whatever people do today to watch old episodes! I think I have caught it a few times on Nick at Nite type channels but not recently.

Next post: