Pro Compression Fun & Upcoming Races

When your favorite healthy frozen yogurt brand refers to you not only as their bestie but as AMAZING across their social media sites, you know you are doing something right in the fro yo world.

red mango

Click here for the post.

Not going to lie, when I saw this email I immediately thought about those best friend charm necklaces I had as a kid and sort of want to find one and send the other half to Red Mango corporate headquarters.

So after getting that adorable pack of gum in the mail which I told you about yesterday, I have been making an even bigger effort to walk to that darn mailbox every afternoon so that I don’t miss out on anything else being delivered.

Good thing I decided to do so this week because I received my Pro Compression package in the mail!

pro-compression

We are talking marathon socks, two pairs of low trainers and one pair of racers!

The racer socks come half way up your calf instead of all the way up like the marathon socks.

pro compression

I wore the racers after my run on Wednesday. Super comfy and perfect for wearing under your Uggs <–not that I feel like wearing boots at all anymore!

I was really excited to try the low trainers.

IMG_9973

They look just like the foot of the marathon sock but they stop at the ankle, right above where your sneaker ends.

So, um, can I just say I absolutely LOVE the low trainers!!

LOVE. So comfortable. The most comfortable socks I own at this height actually.

adidas energy boost

Cushiony without being thick. Stay in place perfectly. Very even feeling in your shoe (does that make sense?) and you definitely feel that signature compression to your foot.

I loved them so much that after my run, I took out the second pair and wore them for the rest of the day which is not something I normally do; I like to save my running socks for running and wear regular socks for everything else.

Sometimes what I choose to wear for my run doesn’t make the marathon sock appropriate.

For example, if I want to wear crop pants (like my favorite Run Inspire from Lulu) and it’s a bit warm out, a high sock isn’t ideal.

These low trainers are perfect for these situations and then I can switch to the marathon sock for recovery.

You know you are a runner when you have a sock system….

You can order your own Pro Compression socks and save 40% right now using code: SPRING.

Let’s talk upcoming races for a minute.

I know you are curious when my next half marathon will be —I like to pretend that maybe someone other than my father likes to know my race schedule and planning process too.

My intentions were to run the Fitness Magazine Half on April 19th followed by the Long Island Half Marathon May 3rd just like I have since 2013 but I haven’t registered for either just yet.

I have been holding off on the registering just to get a grip on my cycles to see how they would pan out (remember I can’t run a race during that time of the month).

period quote

It’s looking like the Fitness Magazine Half is a go which is interesting since last year I felt so traumatized when I needed to drop out around mile seven that I swore I would never step foot in Central Park or run that race again.

fitness mag half

But here I am. About to register.

As for the Long Island Half, I still don’t know if I will be able to do it. As of now, it’s a really close call and I may not be able to make the decision until the last-minute.

I really wanted to run this half for the third year in a row and I really wanted to try for under 1:45 (I finished 1:45:24 in 2013).

It is what it is though, right? We all have our limitations.

I see no point in paying money to participate in a race when I am not feeling my best not to mention run the risk of fainting.

Not worth it, I can just run comfortably at home for free.

In other race news, did you hear that Rock n Roll is coming to Brooklyn October 10th?!

Rock-n-Roll marathon series

I really want to run this race!

Registration opens March 16th so what I may do is register and purchase the insurance option thing, just in case.

Pro Compression Fun & Upcoming Races #procompression #keepittight #rnr #fitnessmagazine… Click To Tweet

******

As a Pro Compression ambassador, I received the above-mentioned Pro Compression socks but was not compensated or even asked to write this post. All opinions are truly my own.

What’s next on your race calendar?

Are you planning to the run RnR Brooklyn?

Favorite type of Pro Compression socks?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine March 13, 2015, 7:47 am

I also love the low trainers! They are so comfy!
    I don’t have any races on my calendar (which is kind of a relief, in a way) but the RNR Brooklyn sounds like a great one!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Five Things About My DayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:23 pm

Yeah, I am pretty excited for the RnR to be here. I am definitely hoping to do it.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe March 13, 2015, 7:54 am

I’m a Feetures girl (or balega) so my PC sock of choice is the marathon sock or sleeve. I would consider the lows, but I have such a backlog of socks from Expos that I may never need more!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Savory Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes with Nicole’s Naturals (Giveaway)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:23 pm

I know what you mean; I have a ton of socks, including the Balegas! I really do like these low trainers though – they are my go-to sock right now.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma March 13, 2015, 8:45 am

For spring I only officially have one race on the calendar and it’s next week, a 10k. I can’t even talk about the LI half, still upset over that one! It happens to be that we have a wedding on April 11 and a bunch of races were April 12 but clearly that won’t work! My local JCC does runs on Mothers Day and I’m planning to do the 10k alone and then run the 5k with my 6 year old. Should be interesting 🙂 I want to try the low trainers now! My socks always start falling down after a few months of wear so I’m curious about these.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Bison Chili Egg Bake with BaconMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 8:55 am

I love them all but LOVE the low trainers. Let me know if you try them…I had wanted to go to Hershey for a 10k on April 11th but it won’t work (last Islanders game of regular season lol)…It’s great when the kids get involved – My son has showed some interest in running so I told him we can do the LI 5k which is the day before the half if he wants. I am hoping to do the half, ugh just have to see.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns March 13, 2015, 9:01 am

I love Pro Compression! I only have their marathon socks, so I’ll have to try out those trainers. They look amazing!

I have a 5k coming up, but my goal race is in June..the Biggest Loser half in Erie. I’m so excited! I’ve always wanted to run a race on Presque Isle, and I love the BL, so it should be a great time!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #3 – Everyday EssentialsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:22 pm

That does sound like a good time! I think there was a Biggest Loser 10k in my area in the fall, I should see if it’s coming back again this year.

• Stacy @ Sweating Tulipz March 13, 2015, 9:07 am

I Love comfy socks! They make a world of difference when you are on your feet all day! I have a few pairs of Tommy Copper cushion socks and LOVE them. They come up a little higher than I’d like but it’s worth it! You are smart for dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s before signing up for every and any race! Feeling your best for a run is crucial! 🙂 Have a great weekend!
    Stacy @ Sweating Tulipz recently posted…Jambalaya & Jumping HIIT WorkoutMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:21 pm

It’s a little annoying that I can’t sign up for a race too far in advance but it is what it is. I definitely want to run when I am feeling my best if I can help it!

• Suzy March 13, 2015, 9:41 am

You know, I don’t own any compression anything but all this talk of it certainly has my curiosity up! Also, you reminded me about my own period and the race I was planning on signing up for at the end of March and I think both things land on the same day. Of all the races I’ve done, I don’t think I’ve ever done one when I had my period, like full-on period. Hmmm… I’ll have to wait this one out. I’m glad you reminded me!
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: Dr. Phil Says So, Part FiveMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:21 pm

It’s so not fair that men don’t have to deal with this kind of stuff!

• Jillie March 13, 2015, 10:07 am

Thanks for the code! I’ve been wanting to buy some compression socks but have been putting it off – have you noticed a difference in your recovery time since using them? I have a few 10 milers coming up in the next two months so I’ve had to up the mileage this week.
    Jillie recently posted…Things I’m Loving #1 / Cilantro Lime DressingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 10:13 am

I definitely feel better when I wear the Pro Compresssion socks, especially after a run. I notice a major difference in the level of fatigue my legs can feel after a long run. When I wear the socks, my legs don’t get stiff and tired which tends to happen after running several miles.

• Sarah @pickyrunner March 13, 2015, 10:43 am

Ugh I ordered my socks like a week and a half ago yet they still haven’t made it to me. I think my leasing office is hoarding them. I mean… I don’t blame them… but I was hoping I’d have some new socks for the weekend. Lame. I wish I could do those races!!! Unfortunately my spring is completely booked with traveling to weddings/visiting people/races and then this fall I can’t commit to anything because of the marathon.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: 1 weekMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 13, 2015, 2:20 pm

I am hoping to be able to do all of the races I mentioned! Ugh, so frustrating when I can’t plan too far ahead. I hope you get your socks today- would make for a nice birthday weekend!

• Ashley @ thekickashkitchen March 13, 2015, 12:48 pm

Hey girl! I know it’s been a while.life has been crazy with the new baby. But I wanted to let you know I transitioned to vloging. I’d love for you to check out my YouTube channel! Youtube.com/c/thekickashkitchen

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner March 13, 2015, 2:52 pm

That is absolutely amazing about Red Mango!

• Lish March 13, 2015, 3:05 pm

Gotta love a good compression sock!
    Lish recently posted…single digits!My Profile

• Shannon March 13, 2015, 4:45 pm

Congrats on the Red Mango shout out! I would be jumping off the walls from happiness. That is so cool!
    Shannon recently posted…Green PancakesMy Profile

• Nikki @ will run for pizza March 13, 2015, 10:16 pm

I just have the Pro marathon socks, but I never wear them during runs with pants or capri’s, so the racing socks might work better!
    My first race of the year is coming up in 2 weeks!! Run the bluegrass half in Lexington, KY!
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…Facts on Friday #6My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 15, 2015, 4:51 pm

Ohh two weeks- so soon! I definitely recommend the racers and the low trainers. Perfect for capris or warm weather.