Thinking Out Loud Randomness

Are Thursday nights still the night for the cool kids to go out?

Thinking-Out-Loud

I didn’t even know Thursday night was a thing until I got divorced. It never made much sense to me either since there was still a workday to function for come Friday morning BUT there was a time, like a few years ago, where I enjoyed Thursday nights and even looked forward to a little preweekend fun.

tbt 2011

A Throwback to a Thursday night in 2011.

Now though? Unless it’s out for dinner, no thanks. I am too tired.

With all of our talk show talking lately, I completely forgot that I was a guest on Dr. Oz just about two years ago!

I was famous for a hot second actually to discuss the topic of healthy revenge after divorce.

The greatest part about the experience was knowing that something really cool came out of something really bad.

guest on dr. oz

Had I not gotten divorced, I never would have been on television!

I have been getting better at retrieving my mail from the mailbox on a regular basis.

Well, sort of.

You see, I thought I was getting better but then out of nowhere the days pile up and I am looking at over a week’s worth of mail.

I need to remind myself that not getting the mail means I may be missing out on super special deliveries.

birthday cake gum

I have really good friends who think of me whenever they spot anything sweet-related, even sending me goodies (like this Birthday Cake gum) in the mail knowing I may not retrieve it for quite some time.

In fact, when I reached out to my friend Lauren to thank her, she had forgotten that she even sent it.

Yesterday I showed you another picture of my favorite post-run meal.

oats in a jar

Just to clarify again, the oatmeal mixture, which I love to eat in an almost empty peanut butter jar, turns pink because of the frozen berries.

Fresh berries don’t really adjust the coloring of your food unless totally blended but the frozen berries seem to give off their coloring (which isn’t artificial, it’s antioxidant goodness!) making it look really pretty.

I was at another Islanders game Tuesday night.

It was the last ever regular season game to be played against the Rangers at the Nassau Coliseum (because my team is moving to Brooklyn next season but let’s not talk about that just yet).

Islanders game

It was fun, yes but not so fun when the guy next to me decided to physically fight the Rangers fan behind us.

It happens at sporting events, not as often as it used to, but it scared my son and was sort of uncalled for, especially when I tried intervening before the punches starting flying.

Fans will argue but arguing with severe foul language in front of my child is not acceptable.

I am not quiet and certainly not about to stand for some Rangers fan speaking that way near me except he really didn’t  care what I had to say which made me pretty angry since usually, as nutty as fans can be, they figure out that there’s a kid in the vicinity and clean up their language.

I never liked Rangers fans, never.

Has anyone tried this new popcorn from Trader Joe’s?

Trader Joe's Popcorn

I saw it yesterday (I really tried again not to stop in there during the week but I needed brussels sprouts, okay?!) and was slightly fascinated that it’s only partially popped popcorn.

They made use of the unpopped kernels and somehow half popped them or something. I don’t know.

All I know is those unpopped kernels that occur when I make my own popcorn make me so angry because I can’t eat them which means they are a waste of my money.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

Thinking Out Loud Randomness #DrOz #Islanders #Oatsinajar #popcorn #thinkingoutloud Click To Tweet

*****************

Who’s running today? What time and how many miles?

Last time you had popcorn?

Do you still go out on Thursday nights or is it just another weeknight to you?

• jill conyers March 12, 2015, 6:16 am

I had popcorn yesterday. Salty goodness! No running for me today. It’s yoga day 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…NASM Study Tips. Tea Tab Wisdom. Spiralized.My Profile

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner March 12, 2015, 7:00 am

Funny you mention the Thursday night thing because tonight I actually have plans to go out. I never usually go out on a “work” night. Ha Adds to my grandma status. Also, how is that gum? Sounds delicious!

• Stacy @ SweatingTulipz March 12, 2015, 7:24 am

How cool you were on Dr. Oz! That’s pretty cool!

OMG that popcorn! The half popped kernels are my favorite! I pick through it to find them first before my husband gets to them! I’ve gotta try that corn once lent is over! 🙂 Thanks for the reco!

I used to go out on Thursday nights! I loved it…except now I am old and tired and want to be in my bed watching reality tv with my dogs. #exciting
    Stacy @ SweatingTulipz recently posted…Plant a Flower Day & a Long and Lean Lower Body WorkoutMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe March 12, 2015, 7:29 am

There’s a brand that does the partially popped kernels call half-pops (I think). I’m on the fence as well. I like them more as an accent than the start of the show, personally. Thursday is often a pretty good night to work restaurants–though I will say it depends. That’s when I found out that going out Thursday nights was a thing!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Fitness Ups and Mental Downs : PerspectiveMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 12, 2015, 7:38 am

Half popped popcorn?! Those suckers drive me nuts whenever I’m eating it, so I can’t imagine why someone would want to buy a bag of them. I’m sure they’ve found a way to make it appealing, but… I think I’ll stick to regular popcorn. And there was actually a time in my life where I was going out probably 6 nights a week, but now? Even Fridays and Saturdays are pushing it 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #121 .My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine March 12, 2015, 7:57 am

I remember in college Thursday nights were even more important than the weekends. We used to go out so hard on Thursday that sometimes we didnt even make it out on Fridays! Lets not even talk about how classed felt on Fridays…Now I can only handle going out on Saturdays, even on Fridays I am too tired from the workday!
    I had some friends who were Rangers fans but I have always been partial to the islanders! I can’t believe they’re leaving the coliseum!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…The Usual Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma March 12, 2015, 8:00 am

The half popped popcorn has me intrigued. It’s for the crunch I guess, because I actually do like those half popped ones! Worth a trip to TJ? Doubtful but still interesting! I do think Thursdays will always be a thing, although it’s been almost 10 years I guess since I’d know anything about it 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Thinking Out Loud – My ObsessionsMy Profile

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate March 12, 2015, 8:06 am

Oh I remember when we lived for Thursday nights in college! Not so much anymore 😉 And I plan on running a few miles around lunch time today!!

• Carmella March 12, 2015, 8:12 am

Running after work, 5 miles. The weather has been great here in PA!

• Suzy March 12, 2015, 9:20 am

That is really super crappy about the hockey experience although being Canadian, I am extremely impressed that you like hockey! It’s 6am here right now and I am supposed to be running but I can’t get my sorry ass out the door. I am just not made for early morning running. I’ll have to go on the treadmill later while Callum naps… AGAIN. Boooo.
    Suzy recently posted…Low SchoolMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner March 12, 2015, 10:19 am

I still think it’s so cool that you were on television. That is awesome. Even if it wasn’t for the happiest reason. And I kind of want to try that popcorn. Might need to make a stop at TJ’s this weekend. I RAN THIS MORNINGGGGg. 5 glorious miles plus 1 mile walking. This weather makes me so happy.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: 1 weekMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 12, 2015, 10:24 am

Yay for a happy morning run! I didn’t run and the sun is shining through my window which makes me sad that I wasn’t out there but I know my legs will thank me tomorrow!

• Lish March 12, 2015, 11:16 am

I remember watching you on Dr. Oz – you were great 🙂
    Lish recently posted…single digits!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 12, 2015, 1:40 pm

Aw thanks…you and I go way back, it’s crazy that was two years ago…and you are getting married in 9 days!

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 12, 2015, 11:46 am

I saw that half-popped popcorn in TJ’s last weekend and probably would have bought it if it were dairy free. It has me super intrigued!!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday via Instagram (#2)My Profile

• Tracy March 12, 2015, 1:14 pm

So, I was nervous to try the cake ball gum…I have been burned before on gum recommendations – namely the new Starburst one – YUCK! I absolutely love it – thanks so much!! Definitely interested to hear how this new one is – birthday cake gum sounds amazing! Just saw that popcorn at our TJs too and was wondering about it. Thanks also – I had no idea that TJs had such a range of frozen veggies until reading your post. 8.3 miles at around 9:30 am while my boys were at school. I am one of those freaks that much prefers the treadmill – TV with my shows, bathroom, my own workout room, water within reach and a/c – esp since its in the 80s here. Whats not to love ( ;

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 12, 2015, 1:38 pm

I like the Starburst Strawberry but stayed away from the Cherry per other poor reviews….The treadmill has its perks, it certainly does!

• Shannon March 12, 2015, 1:21 pm

I have never figured out the whole going out on Thursday thing. It never was my thing. Lots of people still do though!

• EZTwins March 12, 2015, 10:59 pm

A shout out – I feel so special 🙂
    I remember when Thursday nights were THE nights! Oh no- those days are long gone … As I am lying in bed right now about to watch the news. Does this make us old?

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets March 15, 2015, 11:48 am

You were on Dr. OZ. Now that is awesome.