Running Playlist – Top 10 Favorites

Boys are low maintenance.

basketball

All they really need is a ball to bounce around (thank goodness we have an indoor court in our gym) and good food.

pizza

The kids asked me to make s’mores again so of course I did.

s'mores

As for me, I am just so happy to feel normal again this week.

It’s funny — sometimes we don’t even realize how unnormal we feel (unnormal should be a word!) until we feel like ourselves again, especially our runningselves (did I just make up another word?)

I am back to running and battling that treadmill, breaking my sweat without feeling hormone sick, stretching into silly sweaty selfies and listening to my favorite songs each morning.

treadmill

During most of my runs, I usually flip between a bunch of Pandora radio stations.

I try really hard to preserve my running playlist to keep the songs fresh and fun but lately I find it motivates me big time if I switch over to my guaranteed favorite songs, especially when I am stuck running on the treadmill.

As I have come to learn, most of my favorite running songs can’t get old on me. There is just something about this select group of songs that gives me energy and makes me happy to sing along.

I put together my top 10 favorites songs from my running playlist just in case you were looking for some running motivation and want to update your own music library.

I promise that listening to these songs will inspire you to move faster and finish the miles you set out to complete, even if you are stuck on the treadmill!

running playlist

You know you still love Debbie Gibson too….

Ohhhhh only in my dreammmmmsssss, as real as it may seeeeeeeeem, it was only in myyyyyyy dreammmmmmsssssss….

My Running Playlist - Top 10 favorite songs! #running #music #playlist Click To Tweet

Do you have any of these songs on your playlist?

Who did you like better – Tiffany or Debbie Gibson?

Is there one song that always motivates you when running? Which is it, I want it!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe February 18, 2015, 6:55 am

Glad you are feeling better!
    Fun Fact, I can wrap TI’s Bring Em Out with the best of them. #atlantagirl
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Gluten Free Ranch Beet Burgers (Vegetarian)My Profile

• Tina muir February 18, 2015, 7:11 am

I need these songs right now. i have 3×3 miles on the treadmill (14 miles total), and I am so scared. I have not decided if I will allow myself music or not….I really need to focus…..but if I do….I am downloading these songs! Thank youuuuu! I will need them the next few days! This was a bad week for 80-85 miles 🙁
    Tina muir recently posted…The Brands That Fuel My FutureMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2015, 12:08 pm

Don’t be scared – remember positive thinking! I can’t imagine running that long without music, especially on the treadmill. Set your pace and then listen to some good tunes to pass the time!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine February 18, 2015, 7:39 am

I only listen to music when I run on the treadmill (not outside) so feel like I get a chance to listen to songs that I haven’t heard in a while. I get sick of songs quickly and tend to skip them quite a bit. I have had Titanium on my playlist for awhile and I also think Centuries would be a good running song but I haven’t downloaded it. I’ll also like Katy Perry’s Roar for getting me pumped up during a tough run.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Mostly The Same Meals + Snow Day Food (WIAW)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2015, 12:07 pm

I can only handle a few miles in silence without feeling the need to switch on my music which is exactly why I hate when my phone dies while running!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma February 18, 2015, 8:48 am

I love that you have Debbie Gibson on there! I was obsessed with her as a kid and a few of her songs still sneak up on playlists 🙂 I also like Tiffany but Debbie has to win I think!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Just Some More of All the Food I AteMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2015, 12:04 pm

I really loved both Tiffany and Debbie! I remember having their cassette tapes lol.

• Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet February 18, 2015, 9:11 am

Pitbull has great songs for working out, especially for my spin classes! I have All Night on mine (for Jumps or Hill depending on my mood) 🙂 When I run/ job (spring) I like to listen to Nicki Minaj and David Guetta, both have some good stuff!
    Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet recently posted…MIMM #15: Marvelous GoodnessMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2015, 10:58 am

I definitely love all of the Pitbull songs! I am always happy when one pops on my Pandora.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 18, 2015, 10:12 am

I just read the title and now I have Baby Don’t Lie stuck in my head… thanks for that one 😛 And my workout playlist has been completely random lately. I haven’t added any new songs to it for a while, so I’ve mainly just been listening to Spotify in hopes that something good will come on. That way I don’t run the risk of playing a song to death… which I have a habit of doing.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. vegan flourless banana bread muffinsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2015, 10:57 am

Sometimes I get really lucky with Pandora and get great songs in a row and sometimes, like this morning, I had to shut it off and switch to my playlist.

• Suzy February 18, 2015, 10:19 am

Omg I have SO MANY running songs that help me, it would take me forever to list them here. Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas, Africa by Karl Wolf, We Own It (Fast and Furious soundtrack). Music and running go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Rock Out With Your Malt OutMy Profile

• Jessie February 19, 2015, 1:47 am

My husband always laughs at me, but I love working out to country music. I actually ran a half marathons w/ only country on my playlist.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 19, 2015, 3:07 pm

My mother always liked country and I made fun of it but the truth is, so many country are now mainstream and cool music now!