I am so excited to see that my loaded blueberry muffins have become such a hit!
I have received many emails and social media shout outs about the recipe (including mentions from Lake Shore Runner and Run2Golden) and I LOVE hearing how creative everyone is getting in developing their own muffin variations!
In fact, I got creative too.
I loved how well those muffin ingredients combined and had a feeling they would work beautifully to make donuts so I tweaked the flavors a bit to bring us something super special for Valentine’s Day.
Oh my gosh. Get excited.
We are talking holiday pretty with chocolate and strawberry, baked with heart healthy ingredients yet tasty for our soul delicious donuts.
If you don’t have a donut pan, donut worry. Ha, I am funny today.
You can use this exact chocolate chip strawberry donut recipe to make muffins instead.
I made mini muffins and they came out adorable.
I swapped the Chobani 100 blueberry greek yogurt from the blueberry muffins recipe for strawberry greek yogurt and used chocolate chips in place of blueberries.
And one other adjustment: Chocolate milk.
Instead of basic boring organic skim milk, I used chocolate skim milk for added chocolate flavor.
I think I am on a chocolate milk kick this week actually which is not something I drink on the regular but when a craving strikes, I am not one to ignore.
I thought I had a dream that I was drinking chocolate milk in the middle of the night but it turns out, it wasn’t a dream.
The empty chocolate milk on the counter is proof it happened.
So you don’t have to frost the donuts but they come out really pretty and extra chocolately if you do.
And if you have Valentine’s Day sprinkles, go for it.
- 1 Chobani 100 Strawberry greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Multigrain Cereal blend (or oat bran, quinoa flakes, ground oats, quick oats, more flour etc.)
- ¼ cup organic chocolate skim milk (or milk of choice)*
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil (measured before melting)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (you can use more/less)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used mini. You can use regular-sized or a chopped up chocolate bar)
- optional: 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine yogurt, chocolate milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease donut pan or muffin pan and pour batter into each cavity, filling a little over half way.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until springy to touch.
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil (the oil is totally optional) in a microwave-safe bowl at 45 second increments until fully melted.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, drizzle chocolate over donuts.
- Top with sprinkles.
Please reach out and let me know if you make these chocolate chip strawberry baked donuts or any of the yummy recipes I share on the blog.
I love hearing from you!Yum! Chocolate chip strawberry baked donuts for Valentine's Day! #recipe #donuts Click To Tweet
Do you have a donut pan? Do you remember to use it? I forgot I had one!
Last food craving you had? Do they ever hit you in the middle of the night?
Are you baking for Valentine’s Day or did you buy lots of chocolate instead?