Weekend Stuff In Pictures

I win friends and influence people by serving chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven.

chocolate chip cookies

Is there a better sight to see inside your Kitchen Aid mixer?

cookie dough

Regardless of your recipe for chocolate chip cookies, using mini chocolate chips is the best way to go.

Mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, or nondairy) provide your chocolate chip cookies with an evenly distributed amount of chocolate  so that each and every bite contains a chip.

chocolate chip cookies

Under Armour sent me their newest model running shoes to try out and I love that they are pink.

under armour gemini sneakers

Running in January sure makes for a lot of laundry from just one outfit.

running clothes

Three shirts, pants, a jacket, my favorite mittens, hat, neck warmer and socks.

….Those Bombas socks you may keep reading about.

They are certainly comfortable but honestly no better than anything of the other running socks I normally wear.

I get excited to pick the cherries out of this bag and refuse to buy a bag of strictly frozen cherries because I can’t see that being as much fun.

very cherry berry blend

My all-time favorite coffee is back in the house and each time I smell the french toasty aroma, I am back in time to when I first had it brewing in the kitchen of my old house during the winter of 2008.

golden french toast coffee

I shouldn’t run out of peanut butter this week.

crunch time peanut butter

Could it really be that 80’s style slouch socks are making a comeback?!

slouch socks

Gosh I would be so excited to be able to wear my big slouchy E.G. Smith socks!

I hope my parents saved my E.G. socks because I would wear them again in a heart beat, especially my tye-dyed pairs.

Please tell me you remember E.G. socks? Each pair said “Love, Eric” on the foot?

On weekends I work from the best place ever under the covers with my mug in hand.

coffee mug

I am trying to finalize my ebook and I think I am just about there!

I needed to see this in black and white to believe it.

nhl standings

I am still not sure I believe that my Islanders are the top of the top this season but it will certainly make for a fun matinée game this afternoon against the Flyers!

Time for me to eat and run. Have a great Monday (especially if you are off!)

Are you off from work/school today?

Tell me your favorite….

….Sport to watch?

….K-cup/coffee flavor?

….Running socks?

….Kind of cookie?

1. says

I worked from my bed this weekend too! I love it…especially with a cup of coffee. Speaking of coffee I am going to look for the Golden French Toast now 🙂 Also – love all the PB

….Sport to watch? Hmmm to tough to say. I love Baseball – I know people say it is boring. But I love basketball, football, and golf too. Heck even hockey.

….K-cup/coffee flavor? Love Donut Shop so far but I am new.

….Running socks? Feetures

….Kind of cookie? Oatmeal Chocolate
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…BIG NEWS….My Profile

2. says

I’m off and the boy friend works. The kids are at their dads. It’s actually a nice situation. I love all cookies, especially straight out if the oven but I’ve always had a sweet spot for oatmeal cookies.
    Ashley @ Kickashmom recently posted…Lame sauceMy Profile

3. says

I love laying in bed and getting stuff done on the weekends. Since usually I am up and out and make my bed immediately its a special treat to crawl back in with my laptop or iPad and a cup of coffee!

Favorite sport to watch is probably running or basketball. I do like hockey as well but just never watch it.
    As for K-cups, we get Caza trail on amazon and I actually really like them! I think we get breakfast blend. We are planning to branch out this month for our subscribe and save and try something different.
    Favorite running socks are nike dri-fit. I haven’t tried the bombas but its good to know that they are not particularly better than anything else!
    And I would have to say chocolate chip as my favorite cookie. Preferably with peanut butter.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap And Running UpdatesMy Profile

4. says

Heading back to Bmore today! Well, DC first while a certain someone is at work and then we’ll go home after. Noooo work for me today thank goodness. I have the under armour shoes and while they gave me shin splints for about a week, they’re pretty comfortable to just walk around in. Also the amount of laundry I’ve been doing recently is actually ridiculous. I like doing it every 2-3 weeks, not every 3-4 days. I’m over winter.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Oh Hey.My Profile

• says

I was going to email you the other day, I swear! Keep meaning to check in, so excited to hear from you today!! Agree with the Under Armour sneakers so far. I wore them to walk around on the weekend and they are super comfortable but I have a feeling not comfortable enough for me in terms of support for running. Not totally sure yet but I think I need more support in the heels but the upper is awesome, just like my boosts.

5. says

I have to say, the kitchen aid noise when there is a batch of something in there perfectly mixed is one of my favorite things. I LOVE looking in there and seeing that batter, and I do not miss the sore arm of doing it by hands. Chocolate chip cookies are always a winner! My favorite running socks are probably my thorlos ones, haven’t heard of bombas though!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Healthy Vanilla Almond Butter Protein GranolaMy Profile

6. says

Mini chocolate candy of all sorts for life. I am a sucker for minis–m&ms and chips. It just means you can have that many more of them, right? I haven’t used my Kitchen Aid in far too long. I would say I could get to work on something with it today, but I have a half day of sorts–not full work, but I still have to go in.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Filled to the Brim (MLK Weekend)My Profile

7. says

I don’t really have a favorite sock – as long as they’re not cotton and they don’t fall down I’ll wear them! I love the look of those shoes, I’m definitely a pink fan with running gear 🙂 And I am NOT a sports watcher but my husband will watch anything and everything and does so constantly. It’s all background noise to me!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Which Paleo Kid do you Have + Weekend ThingsMy Profile

• says

I don’t have a favorite sock either. I try to pay really close attention in order to figure out which kind is my favorite but I can’t figure it out! I think I rotate three or four brands and aside from pro compression, the rest are the same.

8. says

So… how come I never got a cookie? 😛 You know I agree with you about the mini chip thing Thankfully, Enjoy Life makes mini chips that are easier to find than their regular chips around here, so stocking my cupboards isn’t a problem. And I think hockey will always and forever be my favourite sport to watch. My dad was crazy about it when I was younger, so it reminds me of being a little kid 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. erin condren life planner review .My Profile

9. says

Good to know about the socks. All I wear are the Champion socks that I buy in a big bag from Costco. I totally get you on the mass quantities of running clothes in the winter! As if we don’t already have enough to laundry to do!!!

10. says

Those shoes are pretty-I hope I find a chance to wear test them somewhere. Also you totally have forced me to make cookies on my day off now that I’m drooling over the photos of yours. Cheers!

11. says

It’s gotten to the point where I’ve had to force myself to drink water in between mugs of coffee, especially on the weekends or days I’m home. I just want to lounge in pajamas all day, with coffee and a cat in my lap.

I could be influenced with chocolate chip cookies. Just sayin’.