Filling You In Friday

When school is closed for two weeks and lots of holiday hoopla is thrown in the mix with a trip to Disney in between, I struggle to know/care what day it is.

But it’s Friday and I need to know that it’s Friday so that I am aware of my long run on tap for tomorrow.

I really look forward to my Saturday early morning long runs if you want to know the truth.

There’s something really fun about knowing it happens every week; the thinking about it, getting up for it, making my way through it, fully exhausting myself, working up a crazy appetite and then relaxing for a bit while on an endorphin high before enjoying the rest of a weekend.

Fridays are slowly becoming that day where I tell you everything I forgot/hadn’t had a chance to tell you about all week.

Yesterday’s first birthday party was really the perfect way to start the year.

bagel buffet

Just seeing rainbow cookies (okay and my family too) makes the little girl in me smile.

rainbow cookies

I really love the Lulu Vinyasa Scarf and have taken to wearing it however I want if it’s correct or not.

Lulu Vinyasa Scarf

If you follow me on instagram you may remember this early morning airport selfie I shared before going to Disney.

I found the vinyasa scarf to be a great travel companion. It’s super soft and lightweight yet keeps you real cozy.

I wrap it as a scarf, sometimes I unbutton the snaps, I have tried it as a vest, a shirt, worn it long to around my neck to reach my hands as a handwarmer yet I still check in with the multitude of YouTube videos displaying a bazillion other variations to keep coming up with more.

In fact, this scarf is helping me to hide the fact that I have NOTHING TO WEAR. Sure, I found a few tops to wear in the warm weather of Disney but now it’s January in New York and winter clothes I have none.

I don’t even want to talk about it.

I got my dad the best birthday gift ever.

26.2

It’s the thought that counts and I was thoughtful enough to realize he deserved a 26.2 for his car.

He ran the New York City Marathon three times when I was little (did you read his guest post? It was a good one) and that’s three more than me.

We joke that people may report his car stolen now because he doesn’t look the part of a 26.2 finisher but he did it and deserves to flaunt it.

Not everyone can sport a 26.2 on their car and it doesn’t matter how many years ago someone completes the distance.

There’s no expiration date on completing a race. It’s always yours for advertising.

It’s on my mind, you know. The New York City Marathon? Yeah. I am thinking about it.

Just thinking for now but it’s more thinking than in previous years and even though I said I would never, we know you should never say never.

I know my base mileage is in place. I know that I can do it. I even have a three-tiered goal that starts with just finish and ends with the time I should strive for if I were to really try:

1- just finish in one piece 2- finish under 4 hours 3- finish 3:45 or under.

It’s just, do I really want to do it?

My body operates really well with what I do right now. Part of me gets nervous to up things any further and feels like I should leave well enough alone.

But, when I tell my dad I ran 15 miles on a random Saturday morning, he likes to tell me how many more miles until I reach 26.2 and that I am not far off.

Hmm. I don’t know but when I know, you will be the first people I tell.

Have a terrific weekend!

*****************

What’s the next race on your calendar? Are you training for a marathon?

Do you have a race magnet on your car?

Favorite store to buy clothes? Have you found anything good recently for winter?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe January 2, 2015, 7:13 am

Oh my goodness, all the smoked salmon in the world please.
    I know what you mean about losing track of the days. And it doesn’t help that this week has been totally all over the place, either! The fact that I have to go into work today is just cruel. I had a race sticker on my car, but it washed off in the rain after not being there for too terribly long, so I took that as a sign, and the magnet is on my fridge…
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Five Blogging Resolutions to Maintain IntegrityMy Profile

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner January 2, 2015, 8:48 am

I forgot to tell you I got the Lulu Vinyasa Scarf for Christmas! I still need to watch the video on all the different ways to wear it. Glad to hear you like it sooooo much.
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…2015 Running, Personal Health & Blogging Goals #FridayFiveMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2015, 3:32 pm

The video overwhelmed me at first! I had to get familiar with the scarf on my own to then even understand what they were doing lol.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 2, 2015, 9:37 am

Today actually feels like a Monday to me, so I totally understand what you mean about not knowing what day of the week it is. Thankfully it’s a Friday, which means tomorrow is the weekend and I can catch up on organizing some of the madness that became my home after the holidays. Oi.

And I’m excited for you about the possibility of running the marathon! I say go for it. Right now you’re hanging out in your comfort zone, and it’s great to know what works for you, but you never know how much more you’re capable of until you try.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – january 2015 .My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma January 2, 2015, 9:48 am

I will once again be trying to get into the NYC marathon this year! If I don’t it’ll be my 3rd rejection. I love the vinyasa scarf and own 2 of them. I wear them constantly regardless of my other clothing, which is all lounge stuff now anyway 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Gooey Fudge Brownie PieMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

Have you considered running for a charity? Then you are guaranteed entry and it goes to great causes.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine January 2, 2015, 10:47 am

I love that you are considering a marathon! You could really do it with just a slight increase in training- I don’t even think you would notice a difference. But I think its a pretty big commitment so you need to figure out for yourself if you really want to do it:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…The REAL Goals for 2015My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2015, 3:29 pm

That’s the thing – I don’t know that I really want to do it. I don’t think it would take much more effort from me except for my long runs- I would need to build them up a bit but still, it’s a great big distance and I want to make sure it’s something I truly desire to complete.

• Sebastian McDonough January 3, 2015, 2:26 pm

Everywhere I look now, I see that 26.2 sticker and I just wonder half the time after I look in the driver’s seat if it’s true.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 4, 2015, 9:24 am

I think giving a marathon a whirl is a great idea. In fact, based on your weekly mileage, I’m kinda surprised you haven’t already. Why the resistance to the idea? Is it just comfort in your existing workouts? I’m pretty sure you could handle a marathon no problem.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 4, 2015, 9:43 am

I just never had the desire to be on my feet for a marathon or to cover that distance. I have really been satisfied with what I do and never really cared to up it. My body is sensitive, I just don’t want to rock the boat and up the training, double my race distance, unless I really truly desire to.

• epic fails 2015 January 6, 2015, 2:37 pm

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the superb works guys I’ve added you guys to my personal blogroll.
    epic fails 2015 recently posted…epic fails 2015My Profile

• HaiWLandolfi June 15, 2016, 7:05 pm

Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.

Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to
    keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue
    the rewarding work.

• DwayneGKarma June 17, 2016, 5:01 pm

This paragraph is truly a good one it helps new net
    viewers, who are wishing for blogging.