Thought Per Picture

I have found the perfect combination of Lululemon layers for cold morning runs.

Lululemon Layers

Run Swiftly Short Sleeve ->Run Swiftly Long Sleeve -> Race Your Pace 1/2 Zip

Remember, I recommend sizing up in these tops. Going a little bigger gives you a little more length which I love when it is cold out so that I can pull the shirts down over my tush for extra warmth. These shirts layer perfectly together without bunching or feeling as though you have three shirts on your body.

Before my phone died during Saturday’s long run, I heard We Didn’t Start The Fire which automatically makes me think of my son as a newborn.

We Didn't Start The Fire

I used to sing this song to him over and over all night long while he cried and fussed because I knew all of the words and focusing on singing Harry Truman Doris Day Red China Johnnie Ray kept me from losing my mind/falling asleep.

Billy Joel music always lulled him to sleep, especially in the car. My boy is a true New Yorker.

I am still keeping my post-long run breakfasts super classy by using empty peanut butter jars as a bowl and a pink yogurt store spoon from my stash.

oatmeal in a jar

I was on the way to Red Mango for lunch on Saturday when I encountered crazy traffic and needed to get off of the parkway immediately to avoid a hunger issue which wouldn’t you know landed me in front of Whole Foods.

Whole Foods Food Bar

The food bar wasn’t all that impressive actually and I wasn’t overly thrilled that I didn’t hold out for Red Mango instead.

They didn’t have my favorite roasted vegetables and the squash was cut too big which made it heavier in the bowl (which means the price was heavier). Pretty sure there was apple crisp though somewhere in the bowl along with a roasted pear.

I don’t even like pears but if they are roasted just right with cinnamon they can sometimes taste like an apple.

Dinner more than made up for my lunch situation.

BBQ Ranch Salad

See this dessert? It’s all mine. Don’t even attempt to bring your spoon near my brownie sundae.

Brownie Sundae

If you aren’t ordering an extra side of hot fudge with your desserts then I’m sorry but you don’t know what you are doing.

hot fudge

You can never have enough hot fudge.

All week I kept saying to myself “You should have a cup of hot chocolate tonight” which sounded like such a good idea until the night-time came and I completely forgot.

Soooo there is no picture for this thought about hot chocolate for you but there should be because I wanted some.

Time to get this National Vanilla Cupcake Monday moving….Did you know today was National Vanilla Cupcake Day?!

Yeah, it is…but I much prefer chocolate.

**************

From a box of cupcakes which do you choose – Vanilla or Chocolate?

Favorite hot beverage – coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Best thing you ate all weekend?

• Jessie November 10, 2014, 5:45 am

You know, it’s never too late to enjoy some hot chocolate you were craving!

• Linda @ TheFitty November 10, 2014, 6:30 am

What is that wonderful pink stuff in the jar?
    Linda @ TheFitty recently posted…My Superb Paleo/Keto Lunches- Life In Pictures #10 + WIAW #9My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 6:46 am

The usual oatmeal/plain greek yogurt/berries and peanut butter. It just looks super pink because the berries were frozen so they defrosted into the yogurt!

• Tina muir November 10, 2014, 6:43 am

hahaha you know whats funny, even before I read what that salad was, I knew where it was from and what it was! Your favorite! And I will give you it, that cake does look damn delicious, but I still love my cheesecake! National vanilla cupcake day huh…..ohhh I actually have that on my calendar hehe, I was gonna bake a carrot cake today…..may have to hunt for a vanilla one to eat first 😉
    Tina muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Berry Quinoa Kale SaladMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:15 pm

I can handle a chocolate cheesecake if it tastes more like a chocolate fudge cake. I never cared for carrot cake but it is my mom’s favorite. Have you ever had it from The Cheesecake Factory? I have heard it’s outrageous.

• Ashley @ Kickashmom November 10, 2014, 6:55 am

I love Billy Joel! He still lulls me to sleep sometimes 😉 I completely agree with you cam never have too much fudge
    Ashley @ Kickashmom recently posted…Scenes from the showerMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 10, 2014, 7:21 am

That hot fudge should come with a straw. I’m serious.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Very #SuzandSara WeekendMy Profile

• Carmella November 10, 2014, 7:30 am

My pick from that cupcake box would be CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE! Love coffee but the best of both worlds is a MOCHA drink.
    Best thing I ate all weekend, homemade chili YUM!
    Enjoy the day!!!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 10, 2014, 8:15 am

Haha you are totally teasing me with the Lulu!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Give Your “Voice” a Hug + Saturday Run (MIMM)My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine November 10, 2014, 8:20 am

I love Billy Joel and I also know all the lyrics to We didn’t start the fire! I remember learning them in like 9th grade and its one of those things you never forget..
    I was trying to think of a dessert to get tonight for our anniversary and now that I know its vanilla cupcake day I think I found my answer!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Our 2 Year Wedding Anniversary! (MIMM)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:13 pm

I remember singing We Didn’t Start The Fire in 6th grade chorus. Feel like yesterday. Happy Anniversary!

• Sarah November 10, 2014, 8:39 am

You make me want ALL the lulu clothes. Good thing I was invited to another VIP shop night on Thursday for some new art event. Maybe I’ll actually buy something this time…
    As for that cake- I would have judged you if you shared it (okay no I wouldn’t have). It’s meant to be eaten by one person with an insane sweet tooth. Obviously.
    Sarah recently posted…Workouts 11/3-11/9My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:11 pm

I definitely recommend the Run Swiftly tops. Honestly, anything I buy there is worth it. Always holds up from season to season and serves the exact purpose that I want it to. Some things are just worth the money.

• Lish November 10, 2014, 9:21 am

We are about to get slammed with some super cold weather here, so I will probably be keeping my runs on the treadmill…it gets dark so early now that I am at work for all the daylight hours anyway!
    Lish recently posted…TCS New York City Marathon RecapMy Profile

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables November 10, 2014, 9:44 am

I just ate a smoothie out of a Crunch Time peanut butter jar 🙂 Their peanut butter is sooooo good!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:09 pm

I swear it’s the best peanut butter ever. Especially when I combine a bit of Crunch Time with some Mighty Maple, OMG!

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner November 10, 2014, 11:05 am

Oh my that dessert looks out of this world. I made pumpkin brownies with pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting that were out of this world good! Good thing I brought them to a friends house or I would have ate them all in one sitting!

Oh and I also had sauerkraut soup which I know sounds nasty but it was reallly really good. I dont even like sauerkraut.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:09 pm

I had sauerkraut on pizza a few months ago which was so totally random but I had the craving and it was surprisingly good!

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 10, 2014, 12:46 pm

That is the most amazing brownie sundae that I have ever seen… holy cow!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas + Buffalo Chickpea Salad (Vegan)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

I don’t always get it but it’s great! It’s the Godiva Brownie Sundae at Cheesecake Factory

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate November 10, 2014, 4:41 pm

I wish I had enough Lulu apparel to layer them all, haha. And I’d much rather have a chocolate cupcake too, but I’d settle for vanilla if I didn’t have a choice 😉
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Wedding Recap: The Reception Part IMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 10, 2014, 5:25 pm

Seriously? National VANILLA cupcake day?? They sure are getting specific. I like vanilla over chocolate in -most- cases, but definitely not when it come sot cupcakes. There, I’m all about the chocolate. And I’m pretty sure there’s no way I can choose a favourite hot drink — it changes depending on the time of the day and what I’m in the mood for!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. mocha chip mug cake .My Profile

• Carmy November 10, 2014, 6:28 pm

I’m glad to know I’m not to only one who has those spoons in my drawer haha. I somehow built up a collection!
    Carmy recently posted…Monday on the Run + GIVEAWAYMy Profile

• Nikki @ will run for pizza November 11, 2014, 12:02 pm

Agree – a vanilla cupcake would HAVE to be DROWNED in chocolate. Not even up for debate.
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…What to buy for the runner and workout fanatic – on. a. budget.My Profile