Peach Salsa Guacamole

I almost feel bad calling this a recipe.

It’s more of a short cut than a recipe but whatever we want to call it, it is delicious, healthy and most importantly, appears really creative with very little effort or ingredients.

peach salsa guacamole

Let’s not discuss that it is already Labor Day weekend.

I don’t even understand how this is possible but the calendar doesn’t often lie so somehow we are at the very end of August with the first day of September on Monday.

Also on Monday is that same five-mile Labor Day race in Long Beach which I ran last year but I have yet to totally decide if I am running this year although, I sort of think that I will.

That was the race where I scored myself a trophy for second place in my age group.

It was also the race where I questioned why I run at all along with my sanity which then lead me to the decision to pull out of my fall races because I realized I wasn’t feeling the race excitement and didn’t need to force it.

I think it had something to do with that first mile clocking in under seven minutes. Too fast for me messed with my head.

Should I indeed run this race on Monday, I am going to do my best to not start out so fast and keep my pace steady (hopefully somewhere under 8:00 min/mile but I doubt it) just to avoid a mental/physical burnout before those five miles are up.

Anyway, back to the Peach Salsa Guacamole recipe.

peach salsa and avocado

I am genius, aren’t I?! It’s so simple!

That’s all you need! A jar of the most delicious salsa ever – Trader Joe’s Spicy, Smoky Peach Salsa and an avocado.

When mixed together, you have yourself a sweet yet spicy flavor all combined in the texture you expect from a scoopable guacamole with pretty little chunks of peaches which actually taste all fresh and look really pretty too.

peach salsa guacamole

Those crinkle cut carrots I use for making carrot chips are perfect for scooping up the guacamole. Sure, you can also scoop with chips but I have never been a chip fan hence no chips in the photo.

peach salsa guacamole

And really, serving this with veggies is a great way to receive your five-a-day, making you feel all good about yourself which then leaves your stomach with plenty of room for dessert… although my stomach has a separate section forever reserved and ready for a dessert buffet.

Peach Salsa Guacamole:

All you need is two ingredients!

• Trader Joe’s Spicy, Smoky Peach Salsa
  • Avocado

Directions:

Here’s the thing: You can adjust this recipe to your liking. If you want the texture to be creamier, use less salsa. If you want it to be chunkier with more salsa, add more salsa or use less avocado.

Mash avocado in a bowl. Add about a 1/2 cup of salsa and mix. Adjust to your taste by adding more salsa or leaving it alone.

Top your guacamole with a spoonful of peach salsa when ready to serve.

Serve with veggies and/or chips.

Store extra Peach Salsa Guacamole in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.

You really can’t go wrong which is EXACTLY why I like recipes such as this.

If you are like me and are ready and looking for dessert, here are a few links to some tasty-looking recipes I keep meaning to share with you in case you aren’t following me yet on Pinterest:

Quinoa PB & J Bars

Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles

Whipped Double Chocolate Chip Chia Pudding

Vegan Coconut Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread

Have a terrific weekend!

***************************

Races this weekend?

Do you always have room for dessert?

One thing you are looking forward to in September?

• Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom.com August 29, 2014, 6:50 am

I love sweet and spicy. Have you ever tried pepper jelly? It’s a jalapeno jelly and its sweet, spicy, and amazing over cream cheese.
    Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom.com recently posted…Clean Eating Roasted Pepper Turkey MeatballsMy Profile

• Tina Muir August 29, 2014, 6:56 am

That is a good idea! And guess what!?! There is a TJ in Lexington so I can get back to my beloved store! Yayyyyy! I can’t wait to try the cookie butter ice cream….I think that answers your question about dessert….but I think you already knew the answer to that one. I literally don’t think I could sleep if I did not have dessert. As soon as I get about 3/4 way through my dinner, my mind switches to dessert, and stays there until I have it……something good too, none of this mashed frozen banana stuff 😉

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the race, if you do it….and be conservative 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Snack Out Loud! Review + Jalepeño Cheddar Crunchy Bean BurgersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 30, 2014, 9:46 am

I couldn’t sleep without a nighttime dessert either. Although, I do like banana ice cream at home. Especially when I add peanut butter and mini chocolate chips….Trader Joe’s was giving out samples of the cookie butter ice cream the other day!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 29, 2014, 7:00 am

I like it. A Lot. Please tell me you get that reference.

I’m all about peaches right now so this is wonderful. It being the end of August, not so much.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 30, 2014, 9:51 am

Haha…Love a good movie quote….You should know that I am still randomly thinking about the flying squirrel and chipmunk in your house. Like, I am thanking my lucky stars that it was you and not me because I could not have handled that. At all. lol

• Susie @ SuzLyfe August 29, 2014, 7:01 am

Maybe it isn’t a RECIPE but it is a recipe and at the very least it is a creation. Love me some peach salsa, especial fresh made, but I’ve been hesitant to try TJ’s because I am so used to the fresh kind (from back home). Now I shall have to try it.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Tasty this week (My life in pictures)My Profile

• jill conyers August 29, 2014, 7:12 am

So when I come over to visit you’ll make this, right 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…Stop Making Decisions Out of FearMy Profile

• Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy August 29, 2014, 8:33 am

Peach season is in! We actually went peach picking just 2 weeks ago. I can make this.
    Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted…Life in Pictures Link Up #5 – Niagra FallsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 30, 2014, 9:44 am

Love fresh peaches but this salsa is pretty good to me even though the peaches aren’t freshly sliced. I bet you can add the fresh ones to the mix though and make it taste even better!

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven August 29, 2014, 9:01 am

I think I picked up my last batch of peaches from the market yesterday 🙁 So sad!!!

I wouldn’t necessarily say I always have room for dessert but I certainly always eat dessert!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Best of August 2014My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 30, 2014, 9:43 am

Haha- that’s another way to look at it. I am pretty sure that even when I am full, I never turn down dessert and after one bite, I suddenly find room for another 10 bites.

• Alexis @ Run Crush August 29, 2014, 6:47 pm

There is in fact ALWAYS room for dessert. I’ve bookmarked those truffles. Thanks!!
    Alexis @ Run Crush recently posted…101 PercentMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 30, 2014, 9:42 am

I want to make those truffles to and just might do so this weekend. They are really easy it seems.

• Shannon August 29, 2014, 10:07 pm

If I had it my way, dessert would come first!
    Shannon recently posted…Sometimes It’s Okay….My Profile

• Cailee August 30, 2014, 10:54 am

YUM!! Great recipe!! (yes call it one)!! …it tastes too good not to! Gotta love avocado and salsa!!
    Cailee recently posted…Saturday Superfood- CHOCOLATE!!My Profile

• lindsay September 3, 2014, 8:15 am

okay, i know i am late to commenting, but seriously, brilliant! i could eat that whole thing (plus 2) for lunch… just sayin

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 3, 2014, 8:34 am

Never too late! It is brilliant, right? lol. I thought so too. So simple yet such a great combination that I had to share the idea.