WIAW – Citifield Luxury Suite Eats

Whenever I eat something yummy, my first thought is that I need to tell you about it.

oatmeal with cereal

Like the other morning when I had a random craving for cereal but didn’t want to give up the usual oatmeal so I mixed both together before I set out for my run.

And, whenever I eat multiple yummy things in one day, I stop to think what day of the week it is and if I can hold off to save all of the yumminess for a What I Ate Wednesday post since Wednesday is all about food.

wiawphotobutton

Last Thursday night I had the pleasure of attending a Mets game. I only say pleasure (hello, I am a Yankees fan) because we had luxury suite tickets.

citifield

I will never turn down the opportunity to attend any sporting event that has me sitting on the club level in a luxury suite for one main reason –

The Food.

In recent years, especially with the redesign and building of newer stadiums and more specifically Citifield replacing Shea Stadium (yet I still refer to the Mets as playing at Shea and have no intention of changing my thought process) going to a game means more than just a hot dog and beer, it means exposure to a wide variety of diverse and tasty options.

While access to the luxury suite level also gives you access to a few good restaurants, the actual suite provides you with a ton of food choices which, by the way, are endless, unlimited and all included.

luxury box

There was an endless display of Shake Shack burgers, in cute little mini-burger form as well as full-sized cheeseburgers paired with crinkle cut French fries.

shake shack burgers fries

My son went to town in the burger department before I could even grab him a plate.

He is equally as excited about foodie events because, well, he is mine.

I didn’t eat the burgers (vegetarian over here) but I didn’t suffer.

snacks

Not sure what that dip was with those house-made kettle chips but it was quite tasty.

Fruit and cheese platters, chips, salsa and guacamole plus popcorn were readily available at all times.

chicken string beans

I couldn’t eat the chicken in this dish but I loaded up on the string beans.

My day was made when the sushi arrived. And the unpictured shrimp cocktail.

sushi

Oh, those fries.

fries

French fries are not onion rings to me but I can sometimes make the exception for well done fries since they are kinda special.

There were hot dogs, sausage and peppers, chicken fingers and tons of alcohol including vodka, beer and wine.

mini-bar

Here’s a fun fact: My body can’t metabolize alcohol all that well, (mainly vodka – a few sips and I faint and it has happened enough that I have learned to stop drinking it in order to avoid landing on the floor in restaurants) so I stick to wine and even that I don’t drink too often.

Here’s a view of the kitchen area of the suite from where I was sitting.

luxury suite

Having unlimited sushi within reach was really a good time.

citifield luxury bos

And the freezer drawer where the Shake Shack milkshakes were stored but by the time I took a picture, only one was left.

shake shack milkshakes

My son was feeling full by the second inning but rumor had it dessert was coming out during the sixth inning which was of course my main focus.

citifield

Before the desserts came out, our server restocked the freezer with ice pops and ice creams.

mets-game

Who knew there was a game going on? I was way too busy eating, picking, deciding I was full and then eating again.

I felt slightly bad for the rest of the people in our suite because they weren’t focusing on the arrival of dessert and were not aware of my sweet tooth, selfish attitude and insatiable dessert appetite.

dessert

Peach Cobblers and mini cupcakes….And cookies!

cookies

I really like cookies. A lot.

cookies

And, the only way to eat chocolate chunk cookies is to top them with the fudge frosting from the cupcakes. I ate the oatmeal raisin cookie plain.

cookies and cupcakes

I see nothing wrong with disassembling the cupcakes to frost the chocolate chunk cookies in public while eating peach cobblers.

peach cobbler

Yes, cookies and cobblers were meant to be plural because I took a second cobbler and multiple cookies. I couldn’t help it. I get all sorts of excited with unlimited desserts.

Another fun fact for you: I once snagged the dessert off of a bride’s table while she was dancing. I decided she wouldn’t want it and if she did, she was the bride and the servers would locate her another one.

mini cupcakes

Cupcake review:

Only the frostings were worth it. I left the cakes behind.

The chocolate frosting was my favorite, the cookies & crème frosting was pretty good and I only had the strawberry and coconut frostings when I ran out of options. Decent but never a first choice.

Honestly, I have said this before but I will say it again just to make my point super clear:

I can’t see the point in running a bazillion miles while lifting, toning and burning at Pure Barre if you can’t leave room to for your favorite foods and dining enjoyment.

A lean physique and “perfect” body means nothing to me if I cannot have it while still enjoying myself and stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies.

If it means I have a little more padding around my bones, that’s just fine with me.

At least I know how to have a good time. Yeah, this is totally my idea of a good time.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

***********************

Last sporting event you attended?

Favorite ball park/stadium foods?

Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin? If I had to choose, I side with chocolate but oatmeal raisin cookies can be really good too that it can sometimes be a toss up!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe August 20, 2014, 6:46 am

DId. They. Have. To. Go. Boxes.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Stock Your Pantry for Healthy Work Lunches (Gluten Free!) #WIAWMy Profile

• Tina Muir August 20, 2014, 7:11 am

What an awesome experience! Wow! That is so cool! I am very jealous! I literally “lolled” when you said about the other people not caring about dessert. I am exactly the same way, my boyfriend always laughs at me because I finish my meal, and immediately my sweet tooth is ignited and I do not stop obsessing over it until I have my sweet….no not strawberries or greek yogurt with granola, it has to be something fully sugary and bad for you, or my sweet tooth knows! When I go to buffet things like this, I always have at least 3 desserts, and it is the highlight of the day! Glad I have found someone in the same boat!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Secrets to Success: 8 Minutes to a Stronger CoreMy Profile

• Brynn August 20, 2014, 7:35 am

WOW! What incredible food; sushi and cobbler?! Yes, please! What a fun time at the ballpark.
    My favorite cookie (outside of no bakes) are oatmeal chocolate chip. I love the chewiness of the oatmeal and then the sweet chocolate chips. To me, that is the perfect combo.
    Brynn recently posted…WIAW: Weekend Eats in LelandMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 11:23 am

I agree. While I do love an original chocolate chip, I do make a fabulous oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (with and without raisins).

• Twinsez August 20, 2014, 7:37 am

Now thats what i call amazing. I was laughing out loud from this! Dessert is what it’s about!!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 11:22 am

Haha, you know me, I know how to have a good time.Especially when it comes to dessert. It was so fun!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 20, 2014, 8:16 am

Un.REAL. I’m pretty sure I would have had no idea that a game was going on if I had that kind of food to keep me busy. I’m not a huge burger person so I would have passed on those, but crinkle cut fries may just be one of my favourite things ever. And those desserts — oh.my.gawl. I’m more of an oatmeal cookie kind of girl, so I’d probably take the oatmeal raisin over plain chocolate chip, but if I had my way, it would be chocolate chip oatmeal 😀 Oh, and we’d make a perfect pair — I usually prefer the cupcake to the frosting, so I’d have no problem giving you mine <3
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. WIAW… a day isn’t complete without… .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 11:21 am

No problem since I typically eat the frosting off all cakes and leave the cake part. It’s all about the frosting to me.

• Rebecca@runningfoodbaby August 20, 2014, 8:20 am

Oh my goodness, all that food looks great!! I would have a food hangover for sure

I’ve been to a suite here in Ottawa at our hockey arena, but the food wasn’t nearly as good
    Rebecca@runningfoodbaby recently posted…Race Day Considerations: Bag CheckMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 10:27 am

I guess the Senators need to step up in the food department! My son and I totally had a food hangover. We really needed to be rolled out of there lol.

• Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers August 20, 2014, 8:23 am

Oh my word, drooling over the chunks in those cookies. Mmmm!
    Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted…Play Hard, Sleep Hard, Eat Hard!My Profile

• LInda @ Fit Fed and Happy August 20, 2014, 8:30 am

I was scrolling through these photos looking for a cookie(hence you fulfill your title haha) and finally found it and was like, “AHH THERE IT IS!” “ITS BEAUTIFUL!”

I prefer oatmeal raisin without the raisins. I’m kinda at a stage when I’m a little sick of chocolate!
    LInda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted…Cauliflower Crust PizzaMy Profile

• Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat August 20, 2014, 8:33 am

Most summers, the company my husband works for gets a box (with all the delicious, FREE eats) and invites everyone to a Cardinals game, but that didn’t happen this summer 🙁 Yesterday, he text me saying we might be getting tickets from a vendor, and I was so excited! I should’ve taken that ‘might’ a little more seriously, because we didn’t get to go. Oh well, there’s always next summer!
    Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat recently posted…Use What You Have {Recipe & Guest Blogging}My Profile

• Kate August 20, 2014, 8:48 am

How lucky, luxury suite tickets! Regardless of allegiance what a fun time! That doesn’t come along often. hehe Those chocolate chunk cookies look amazing. I am drooling. …and I couldn’t agree more with your point about being able to treat yourself. I know I could have a much lower body fat percentage, but honestly if I can’t have a decent dessert at least once a week it isn’t worth it! 😛
    Kate recently posted…I’m baaaaaaaaaack! WIAW +my week in workouts!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 10:25 am

The chocolate chunks were the best part and the reason I went back for another!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 20, 2014, 9:42 am

I will always choose chocolate chip cookies! Your post had so many good foods, I am starving now:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…WIAW: Marathon Training, Paleo, and a Recipe!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 10:25 am

I love a variety of desserts but there is something special about a simple chewy chocolate chip cookie.

• Lish August 20, 2014, 10:00 am

All of that food looks sooo good. Totally craving sushi now!

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner August 20, 2014, 10:01 am

I just had breakfast and my mouth is still watering from all of those pictures. And that dessert. WOW. It is good to know other people have just as big of a sweet tooth as I do.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 10:24 am

It’s a good thing you weren’t there with me because we would have had an issue with who got the last chocolate frosted cupcake.

• Sarah August 20, 2014, 10:29 am

Ummmmm TAKE ME WITH YOU NEXT TIME. Those desserts are unreal.
    Sarah recently posted…It’s Just Food.My Profile

• Kaitlin August 20, 2014, 11:05 am

This is absolutely amazing. I have had the great opportunity to eat in such seats at Dodger Stadium and Yankee Stadium and let’s just say it made going back to normal seats quite tough 🙂

• Sam @ Reddy Or Knot August 20, 2014, 12:36 pm

Oh my goodness DROOLING over the food in the luxury suite!!! Now I just need to get invited to a game in a suite 🙂
    Sam @ Reddy Or Knot recently posted…WIAW 21 Day Fix Meal PlanMy Profile

• Allison @ Life's a Bowl August 20, 2014, 3:57 pm

I’d choose oatmeal raisin over chocolate chip cookies usually, but last week I had an intense craving for a big, chewy sugar cookie topped with M&Ms 🙂
    Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted…WIAW: Confessions & Weekend EatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 6:40 pm

Yum! I used to love to order the sugar cookies and the m&m cookies from Mrs.Field’s cookies in the mall.

• kolya August 20, 2014, 6:30 pm

Definitely an oatmeal raisin fan but honestly, I’m happy with either one….slightly warmed is even better…

Just curious…was the sushi vegetarian or do you eat fish? I’m only asking because I am nosy (:

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 20, 2014, 6:39 pm

Love warm cookies! I love a good vegetarian roll but I do eat fish (in extremely limited amounts though and usually only in sushi)so I guess I am a pescatarian but most of the time, I am plant-based more than anything else. Not to mention, I recently discovered I have a shellfish allergy (calamari) so I am even more limited now lol.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld August 21, 2014, 5:43 am

Please tell me you brought a dustbin bag. Please. Next time get 2 tickets and your son and I can eat all the burgers.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…How I cheated on the Paleo DietMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 21, 2014, 10:35 am

SO I am just fascinated by this word, dustbin. Amazing what we learn when making blends from other countries : )