Thinking Out Loud – Sometimes

Sometimes my computer screen is so dirty that I think I have typos like extra quotations and periods in sentences when in fact it’s just dirt or  peanut butter.

Thinking-Out-Loud

Sometimes I go to bed excited for the next morning’s run and then wake up to not feel like running. When that happens, I usually run anyway and tell myself to start out super slow and use the exercise as a form of relaxation. This method of mine always works because I end up getting into a groove and going faster without even noticing it gradually happen.

Sometimes when I run I forget I am running and suddenly check back into reality wondering how the heck my legs kept moving so fast and who made them move at all since it couldn’t possibly be me as I forgot I was even doing anything other than thinking.

Sometimes, out of nowhere, I will run out of moisturizer, soap, razors, tampons, shampoo, paper towels and need a haircut (plus highlights) all at the same time.

alba botanica very emolliant body lotion

Lately my skin has been a bit drier than the usual so I picked up this bottle of Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion which I pump and apply all day long. Love it.

Sometimes I am hungrier than usual. The other morning I arrived at Pure Barre only thirty minutes after eating my second breakfast and was starving.

Like really starving.

pure barre

I made it through class with a bottle of water to tide me over and then had no choice but to give in to the Red Mango location that was calling my name a few steps from the Pure Barre studio.

red mango parfait

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

And, sometimes your son really breaks his thumb at camp even though you are convinced it is just a minor bruise because not every bruise means broken except in our case this week.

Tuesday night was spent at PM Pediatrics having the X-Rays done and thumb wrapped in a splint followed up yesterday morning with an orthopedic appointment where we spent thirty minutes of waiting room time discussing the best place to go for lunch that was in close proximity to the doctor’s office.

wild-fig-salad

We chose Wild Fig which is always a good choice since it is set up cafeteria style allowing you to select what you want in your salad bowl, sandwich or rice plate.

However, if you ask me, Wild Fig doesn’t come close to being as good as Maoz  since Maoz offers a larger variety of awesome salad toppings like their roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Love that.

Sometimes, as a parent, you need to be completely selfless, put aside your feelings and do everything for your child.

cold stone ice cream

Like hold their cup of ice cream still so that they can eat even though it makes you want a bite because you finished yours and still want more but they don’t want to share because they learned from you how to be really selfish when it comes to dessert so you hold out hope that they will get full and leave some over but of course, this time, they lick it clean.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

*********************

Favorite moisturizer?

Ever break a bone as a kid?

Can you believe today is the last day of July?!

• Alexis @ Run Crush July 31, 2014, 6:24 am

Oh no, sorry about your son’s broken thumb! Champ mama status for holding his ice cream for him, though. I also sometimes have those moments when I forget that I’m running. Kind of disconcerting, but then I start thinking about my brain and how complicated and awesome it is, and that usually carries me through the next couple of miles.
    Alexis @ Run Crush recently posted…What Healthy Means to MeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:07 pm

Isn’t it so weird to forget you are running? It makes like no sense but it happens to me a lot.

• Brynn July 31, 2014, 6:27 am

I do that all the time with workouts – go to bed excited and ready and then wake up not wanting to do it at all. Haha. What the heck happens in those hours that change my mind?!
    Brynn recently posted…Confessions of a Healthy Living Blogger, VMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:10 pm

I wonder the same since I wake up fresh and rested. It usually only takes me a couple of minutes to adjust and then I am fine.

• Pip {Cherries & Chisme} July 31, 2014, 6:40 am

The picture of that salad bowl is the whole reason I clicked on your link from Amanda’s page haha! Looks delicious.
    Sorry to hear about your son, hope he recovers quickly. Big mum points for not stealing any ice cream 😉
    Pip {Cherries & Chisme} recently posted…{Thinking Out Loud} Old friends & old favouritesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:10 pm

The salad was pretty, wasn’t it? It was really good too. Love hummus on top in place of dressing. Always give it enough flavor that way.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe July 31, 2014, 6:48 am

My computer screen is filthy, so I totally am with you on the “extra” quotations. But it is all lies. I’m sorry that your son broke his thumb, but you definitely get mother of year for holding his ice cream (which is all over his face, btw, as ice cream should be). Have great thursday!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Work Hard, Stay Humble, Be Social– Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:11 pm

I love when he gets chocolate on his face, makes him look all cute and innocent like a little baby even though now he thinks he is so tough at the age of ten.

• Carmy July 31, 2014, 7:26 am

This is too cute! Especially the last part. I don’t think I’m ready to be selfless with my ice cream yet! Lol! I can’t believe July is over too! It felt like school JUST ended! I don’t want summer to end! I luckily didn’t break anything as a kid but that was mainly because I was practically raised in a bubble!
    Carmy recently posted…Real Humans: Think out loud #9My Profile

• Tina Muir July 31, 2014, 7:33 am

Hahahahhahaha that last comment, that is totally my thought process. Whenever my boyfriend eats ice cream, he takes much longer so I end up staring at him, hoping he will give me some of his, he usually does, but I thought I was the only one who did that….or I will offer to take our bowls to the kitchen then get a bit more ice cream on the sly hahha! My damn sweet tooth!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Elite Athlete Eats: First and only WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:11 pm

I always make sure to go for dessert often with one my good friends because she can never finish it and always gives me the rest!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014, 7:33 am

😆 Seriously lol’ing at the dirty computer screen bit… That was totally me yesterday. I was editing some pictures and there were some spots on them, but when I tried to edit them out, I realized they were just flecks on my screen. And let’s not even get started on how my keyboard looks. You can definitely tell I’m a food blogger 😉 And look at you being a selfless momma! I hope you at least had a cup to enjoy for yourself 😛

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:14 pm

He wouldn’t give me bite. Not one. Usually he will get up to use the bathroom and that’s when I steal a spoonful but that didn’t happen either…Next time I won’t eat my sundae as fast so I can eat it at same time as him lol.

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate July 31, 2014, 8:42 am

HA! I agree with you about the computer being dirty…so funny.

• Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. July 31, 2014, 9:57 am

I am the only one in my immediate family who has never broken a bone. Both my parents, my husband and my kid have all had broken bones. Max broke his leg on the first day of school last year (well first day for me, he is only 2) – That was the best first day ever. I was called out of the classroom 15 minutes after the day started…..
    Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. recently posted…Thinking Out Loud Thursday #12My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 31, 2014, 12:16 pm

Oh my goodness – broke his leg! Awww. And on the first day of school for you – what timing.

• Leslee @ Her Happy Balance July 31, 2014, 11:49 am

I have yet to break any bones. *knock on wood!* I did split my lip open on Father’s Day when I was little though…that was eventful! Hope your son’s thumb heals quickly and he can scoop his own ice cream soon!
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Etsy Love – SANATcraftMy Profile

• Lish July 31, 2014, 12:12 pm

Poor kiddo!! You are not going to believe this, but I broke my thumb at camp when I was 17. I was a counselor and a gymnastics teacher and totally snapped the thing trying to demo something. It was so bad- I had to have surgery and get a pin put in it! Casts are no fun in the summer 🙁 Hope he heals fast!!

• Ginette August 1, 2014, 12:32 am

Your poor son! 🙁 His chocolate covered mouth is too funny… we all know ice cream makes EVERYTHING better!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld August 1, 2014, 8:04 pm

You actually need to get mum of the year award purely for holding the ice cream cup in place- that is epic parenting 🙂

We should compare computer screens. Mine is… well, I probably have a week’s worth of dinners all over it.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Easy Spicy Ginger SalmonMy Profile