Catching Up With A Thought Per Picture

Oh hi. Let’s catch up with a thought per picture again, okay?

My friends and I realized Friday night during a beautiful evening happy hour at Prime that we take living on an island for granted.

prime happy hour

For your information, my idea of happy hour involves water spiked with a lemon wedge, especially when running long the next morning.

I know I have been trying to save money without coupons but I did have a great coupon for a 99 cent any-sized Dunkin Donuts iced coffee so I just had to make the stop.

Iiced coffee

Iced coffee + water = Proper summer hydration.

When you find yourself wanting iced coffee again but don’t have a coupon, you must learn to make your own in order to save money.

hydration duo

I made the iced coffee using my Keurig and poured it into my Lifetime Athletic tervis cup for the ride to the beach on Saturday.

Since the beach is filled with people who leave their homes without looking in a mirror, I decided it was just fine to wear Pro Compression calf sleeves for as long as I wanted in order to fully recover from my twelve-mile early morning run. pro-compression

While this salad was delicious, it was way too expensive for what it actually was. For twelve dollars they charged me, I can easily combine chick peas, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, corn and avocado for myself AND my friends while still spending less money on the total sum of all ingredients.

salad

For the first time ever, I spent under four dollars on frozen yogurt. Sometimes you just need a small lunch dessert. Usually I walk into yogurt stores and take a few samples as a snack but this time I needed toppings and I can’t get the toppings for free in the sample cups.

tutti frutti frozen yogurt

Another reason to love summer is because even at 8:00 pm, the sky looks sort of like the middle of the day yet everything is much more peaceful.

long beach

When you need to bake cookies but are pressed for time to get yourself ready and out the door, you still make your cookie dough from scratch only you dump it all into a brownie pan and bake your cookies in the form of blondies just to keep from needing to monitor the oven, swapping out pans and worrying how your cookies will form.

blondies

And of course you place mini peanut butter cups inside the dough.

You will be really proud – I have been reading the book on my nightstand. However, I opted for InStyle yesterday at Barnes And Noble.

IMG_5154

I always loved InStyle and especially love it now in those moments where I want to read a magazine but I am burned out from reading about running, fitness and food.

Here are some important tidbits for you:

Nail polish will help block the sun’s harmful rays from damaging your nails. The more pigmented/darker the color, the better.

IMG_5157

Remember my Facts About Sunscreen post? My favorite SkinCeuticals is mentioned for their eye-area sunscreen which I have been using this season.

IMG_5156

And speaking of eyes, why didn’t they make goggles decorated in sprinkles when we were kids?

bling2o

I am an old soul in that I don’t like to get my hair wet or go under water anymore (or even get into the pool unless it is 100 degrees), however, the child in me only wants to wear sprinkle covered goggles and dive right in.

Although I would probably need to jump in rather than dive in since I really never mastered the proper dive even with all of those instructional swim sessions at camp.

***********************

Ever get tired of reading about fitness and food?

Last thing you baked from scratch?

Best thing you ate all weekend?

• Tina Muir July 14, 2014, 6:14 am

haha I love how you try to justify things you buy…the red mango, the dunkin….explaining the salad. You shouldn’t have to, but I do it too! Last think I baked from scratch, THOSE cinnamon rolls, HEAVEN!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Adapting to Weather Changes: Running in the WindMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld July 14, 2014, 6:26 am

The damn yogurt samples….no joke but there was this girl who trolled around the wholefoods hotbar with a bowl and put things in there, walked around eating it and filled it up again….Not sure if she’s a twat or genius.

Salads are, in my opinion, the most overpriced foods to buy out- yet we still do it. Are we twats?
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…The Glorified Protein PedestalMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:58 am

I am so afraid of sampling at Whole Foods before paying. I am convinced they monitor the food bar like crazy and will arrest me on the spot.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:58 am

• Susie @ SuzLyfe July 14, 2014, 7:35 am

Best thing I ate all weekend was everything from last night’s dinner, haha. I totally want those goggles. Like so, so bad. I might just wear them around in general.. I would probably still not be all that crazy compared to some of the people around here.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Long runs (feet+mouth) and Lake Shores #MIMMMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:57 am

Hahaha – isn’t it sad that walking around in sprinkled goggles would never come close to as funny as what some people prance around the town in?

• Frank July 14, 2014, 9:29 am

While I grew up on the actual island, I didn’t grow up on “The Island”. But always visited relatives who did and for a long time it seemed like all the same. Now I’m appreciating and exploring it more. So here’s a revelation from this past weekend – north shore beaches seem more relaxed. May be the lack of waves, though sitting facing the water with the sun at your back feels whole lot easier than the sun in the face south shore. Of course, my limited north shore experience says it’s hard to find a beachfront/boardwalk run of more than a couple of miles . . .

• jill conyers July 14, 2014, 9:36 am

I can’t ever remember being tired of reading about fitness and nutrition but I am totally burnt out on social media in general! I’m not motivated to tweet, blog, instagram or FB! Where did this come from? I need an internet detox! I thought backing off this summer would do the trick but not so much. Otherwise all is awesome 😉
    jill conyers recently posted…Coconut Water to Hydrate and Treat Yourself WellMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:56 am

I hear ya – social media can just become way too much! I say it all the time. I am not overly active on all the platforms but I do completely neglect my personal facebook because I lost interest and desire. I am missing nothing anyway!

• Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 14, 2014, 10:23 am

Last thing i made from scratch was my coffee granola clusters!
    I had fro-yo too! I had this crazy flavor combo going though, coconut creme and pomegranate cranberry. So amazing!
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted…A Marvelous Weekend #mimmMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:54 am

Some flavors work really well together. I sometimes get the pomegranate – I just add a drop to the original flavor because I am always afraid of overdoing the flavor mixing.

• Jaclyn @ BumpSweat July 14, 2014, 10:33 am

Best thing I ate all weekend? It’s a toss-up between my mother-in-law’s chicken salad & her friend’s broccoli salad – did I mention they put together a delicious spread at our baby shower? 🙂 – or maybe that banana pudding concrete. Oh, I can’t decide!
    Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted…{MIMM #3} What’s Your ‘WHY’?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:53 am

I just read your post about your baby shower. It looked beautiful! Such a fun time in life.

• Lish July 14, 2014, 10:47 am

Loving the goggles. I don’t mind the hair wet thing in a lake or the ocean, but I am not super excited about it in a pool. Chlorine is not my hairs friend…I pay to much for highlights. haha

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2014, 10:53 am

My thoughts exactly. I am so afraid the chlorine will ruin my highlights.

• Alexis @ Run Crush July 14, 2014, 12:48 pm

That cookie hack is GENIUS. I’m usually too lazy to make cookies because of having to form the dough into actual cookie shapes. You’ve just opened up a whole new world.
    Alexis @ Run Crush recently posted…Workout Recap 7.7-7.13My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 15, 2014, 9:46 am

It’s so much easier than scooping dough and making sure the cookies are forming correctly. And, blondies taste just as delicious if not better bcause they are thick and gooey and mushy and perfect. And now I am hungry.

• Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. July 14, 2014, 1:22 pm

I just made some more strawberry cake from scratch – so good!!

haha – one think I like about froyo is that I can have just a little bit of froyo or lots of froyo.
    Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. recently posted…NYC Marathon Training: Pre-training Week 4 – Finally runningMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 15, 2014, 9:45 am

I am usually really bad at limiting how much I fill in my cup but sometimes just a little bit will do the trick and hit the spot.

• Kate @ Kate Lives Healthy July 14, 2014, 3:10 pm

I haven’t read In Style in long time. I think I will have to pick one up today to read. Sometimes a break from running/fitness/food mags is needed
    Kate @ Kate Lives Healthy recently posted…WIAW #3My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 15, 2014, 9:44 am

Absolutely love InStyle. I don’t read it as often as I did but I am considering a subscription again.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 14, 2014, 4:37 pm

Does microwaving a mug cake count as baking? Because that would be the last thing I made from scratch. If not then… errr… I honestly have no idea. It’s been a little too hot around here to turn on the oven, although I’m starting to reconsider what hot really means after spending the weekend in Vegas. Yikes. And I definitely get tired of reading about food and fitness, which is why I basically have a little library at home 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 7/13 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 15, 2014, 9:42 am

You and I are so alike. I cannot read and talk food and fitness all the time. Totally need a break in the form of books or Instyle magazines to change things up.

• Brynn July 14, 2014, 4:37 pm

I mean, no one can pass up a coupon for a $.99 iced coffee! That is a great deal! The last thing I baked from scratch was healthy banana bread and it was beyond delicious. I am actually making another batch today and adding in some blueberries. Yum!
    Brynn recently posted…Guilty PleasuresMy Profile

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables July 14, 2014, 7:42 pm

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of health + fitness stuff, haha. I do sometimes browse some lifestyle and fashion blogs to switch things up!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 15, 2014, 9:41 am

I often need to switch it up. There is only so much reading about fitness and food I can do. Sometimes I need a break!

• Kaitlin July 17, 2014, 5:14 pm

I think it can be tough to read the same facts, especially those that make one feel like a failure. Hit and miss, but sometimes there’s some great motivation in them. As for baking, I whipped up a batch of scones the other week that were quite tasty if I say so myself 🙂 lemon blueberry!
    Kaitlin recently posted…Ice Cream LovingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 19, 2014, 10:42 am

I keep thinking I should make a lemon blueberry muffin or something with the great blueberries I have right now. Instead I just eat them by the handful because I am getting lazy.