Thought Per Picture

Don’t let this scenic summer photo from Saturday’s long run on the boardwalk fool you.

boardwalk

The bright sunshine was relentless throughout the run and trying to find a shady spot was impossible to the point where if I ever run this route again in the summer, I am considering one of those umbrella hats and won’t care at all how funny I look.

My shadow makes the run look fun and effortless but that is a mirage.

shadow

Enjoying my post-run meal that I packed along with lemony water on a boardwalk bench after over thirteen miles makes life all unicorns again.

post run breakfast

My giant magenta water bottle matches my sneakers.

adidas energy boost

Suddenly I started adding strawberry greek yogurt to the tops of my Red Mango parfaits which makes the yogurt kind of match my pink theme too.

red mango parfait

I have always loved dining at Houston’s but don’t do it often enough anymore and really need to because dinner over the weekend was just terrific.

ahi tuna salad

I also need more gigantic baked potatoes in my life this week, with the sprinkle of salt on the skin of the potato to keep my electrolytes balanced and happy.

baked potato

Sitting on the beach on Sunday for relaxation purposes isn’t nearly as hot and sweaty as running at the beach Saturday morning.

sand at beach

I never come unprepared.

berries and cherries

My first Acai bowl from a Long Beach food truck for lunch yesterday.

acai bowl

Acai blended up with I don’t know what like a smoothie topped with blueberries, bananas, granola, oatmeal and a drizzle of honey.

acai bowl

It is against the law to have a beach weekend without ice cream topped with sprinkles.

marvel ice cream

Just because you graduate elementary school doesn’t mean you are too old to fall asleep in the car.

sleeping

Hope he is feeling refreshed for the first day of camp which starts today!

I expect him to arrive home today tired and dirty with remnants of cherry ice pop all over his mouth. That’s the sign of a happy camper.

Have a great Monday!

***************************

Did you have a hot and sweaty run this weekend?

Ever been to Houston’s (or Hillstone)? Favorite dish to order?

Ever had an Acai Bowl?

Favorite toppings for baked potatoes? I always liked them plain.

{ 17 comments… add one }
  • Jill Conyers June 30, 2014, 8:25 am

Great comment about the shadow 🙂 I love acai bowls!
    Jill Conyers recently posted…6 Tips for Trail Running for BeginnersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:40 pm

I loved the acai bowl too. I would like to try it from other places and hopefully it won’t be as pricey!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 30, 2014, 8:29 am

If it’s against the law to do the beach thing without ice cream covered with sprinkles, then I’m afraid I’m constantly doing illegal things because I can’t remember the last time I was able to pick up some ice cream from the beach. But it’s not my fault they don’t make any that are allergy friendly! And I’ve never had an acai bowl either, which just makes me feel all sorts of deprived 😛

Happy Monday, lady! Hope it’s off to a good start!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. monthly favourites – june 2014 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

That’s just not okay. It’s not fair that none of the places near you are allergy friendly.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

• Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat June 30, 2014, 9:06 am

I’m more of a baked sweet potato fan and love them topped with black beans and/or ground beef, sautéed onions & peppers, and salsa. So good!
    Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat recently posted…{MIMM #1} First Baby Shower + Daddy J’s TriathlonMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

I normally lean towards sweet potatoes most nights of the week but then I will randomly crave a good old white potato and get stuck on that cravings for weeks.

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven June 30, 2014, 10:15 am

Gah I want an acai bowl! If they weren’t so darn expensive I’d probably eat one everyday!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Best of June 2014 + A New Summer Playlist!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:38 pm

Yeah I must admit this bowl was a tad pricey. It was good but I wouldn’t go out of my way to pay for it again.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 30, 2014, 10:32 am

As usual, I want all of the food.
    ALL OF IT.
    My fave way to have a baked tater is as a potato skin. Seriously I want it with all the goodness.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…American Dream #MIMMMy Profile

• Tina Muir June 30, 2014, 12:54 pm

All of my runs were hot and sweaty this weekend….not fun! Especially this mornings run where the horseflies were out in full force, I am not gonna lie….I cried a few times…..what a wimp! I am LOVING all those sprinkles, they just make life 1000000 times better 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday: Spiralized Pizza on the GrillMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:37 pm

OMG bugs would leave me crying too. In fact, I don’t know that I could keep running under such conditions except to run my way fast away from the insects. Ick. That is just awful! lol

• Brynn June 30, 2014, 1:19 pm

I LOVE acai bowls. We had them almost every day in Hawaii and I am completely addicted. I keep trying to mess around with a recipe at home, but they never taste the same. Guess I’ll just have to go back to Hawaii!! 🙂
    Brynn recently posted…Early Bird Goes to HawaiiMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 30, 2014, 3:36 pm

That’s what happens to me – I love something, try to recreate it and most of the time, it never tastes the same.

• Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. June 30, 2014, 4:29 pm

I really like bacon, sour cream, cheese and green onions on my baked potatoes! So good!

I’ve never had an acai bowl before – but hearing about them all the time now!
    Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. recently posted…NYC Marathon: Pre-Training Week 2My Profile