Thinking Out Loud – Red Mango Made Me Angry

You don’t even want to know what happened to me the other day.

Thinking-Out-Loud

I was all excited to treat myself to Red Mango on a random Tuesday afternoon since this month is Cinco De Mango, meaning, all fill-ups Monday through Thursday are five dollars, regardless of weight.

red mango

Well, the above cup is barely filled (yes, I consider this barely filled)  because the Red Mango I was at decided to NOT PARTICIPATE  in the national promotion.

I was so upset. I didn’t want to spend a bazillion dollars for yogurt on Tuesday so I had to pay close attention and only put a little bit in my cup.

I sort of feel bad for the employee who had to interact with me but to tell you the truth, he agreed with my rant and rave.

Why did this location decide to opt out of the national promotion?

thCALCSCVL

Of course I had to take it further than the minor store tantrum; corporate emails, social media blasts…you know, the usual.

Anyway, I used to live in fear of the month of May because it meant nothing but nose running, constant sneezing, eyes watering and a throat that itched yet I couldn’t scratch. I wasn’t even able to walk outside without a hood over my head and my hand over my mouth to protect me from the pollen.

As I said yesterday, the vegetarian thing cured all of that….unless of course I plant myself directly under a blooming tree as was forced to do last night for a few hours at my son’s Little League game.

If you have allergies, you know that you must wash your hair before going to bed if you don’t want the hidden pollen from your head landing on your pillow and in your face all night long.

However, the genius that I am once figured out years ago that if I don’t have the chance to wash my hair every single night during high pollen season, I can simply sleep with a shower cap on my head to keep my hair off of my pillow and away from my nose and the rest of my face.

hello kitty shower cap

I have a collection of Hello Kitty shower caps in case you were curious.

Laugh if you want but at least I am never up sneezing, itching and wanting to die from an inability to breathe.  Works like a charm.

This is one of those situations where you can sit and wonder what people look like in the comforts of their own home.

I am currently fascinated by how easy it has been to drink less coffee. Like, I don’t miss the extra cups? Even though it is free refills Panera, I don’t want to refill? I prefer to fill my water cup?

Explain. I can’t.

panera coffee

I also can’t explain my father’s fascination with seating charts years after my wedding. He is a blog reader and totally drank the AllSeated Kool-Aid from Tuesday’s post.

Between me and you, I have a strong feeling he has set up a fake account with AllSeated just to play around with tables and seating arrangements for an imaginary event.

Speaking of fake, I will admit that I often use aliases. I don’t know why but I always enjoyed changing my name when the situation calls for going undercover. And, depending upon the situation, I use different names.

Please don’t ask me which situations I am referring to; there are so many and too many of them should never be discussed in writing.

I know I mentioned last year that I always hated my name and wished to be a Rebecca. Maybe if I ever have a daughter I can name her Rebecca but then I might get all jealous so that might not be the best of ideas.

Not to mention, as much as I always wanted a girl, a daughter would probably want to color in my coloring books, touch my Lisa Frank  sticker collection and use my Hello Kitty shower cap.

I am not all that down with sharing. I am really happy to have a son.

Time for me to go figure out breakfast for this morning and get the day going.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

********************

How much does self-serve yogurt typically cost you?

Seasonal allergy sufferer?

Do you like your name?

• Cori @ olivetorun.com May 8, 2014, 6:48 am

Ugh, that is frustrating about Red Mango… I always get worried the one location I visit during a specific promotion won’t actually be participating but it hasn’t happened yet. Big 😛

• Tina Muir May 8, 2014, 7:13 am

I am confused, your cup was rejected because it was too full? They have a line they measure by? That would make me mad too. I always end up paying about $9 for my fro-yo as I go topping crazy, and they are heavy….look at my IG and you will see hahah!

Clever idea with the showercap, I had no idea! Interesting though.

I like my name actually….well my name I go by….my actual name is Christina…..that sounds weird to me 😛
    Tina Muir recently posted…May is Osteoporosis Month and Sunshine Burgers ReviewMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 8, 2014, 12:59 pm

I edited the first line in case anyone else was confused – the store I went to decided not to participate in the national promotion where I could fill my cup for only $5 so when I found this sad fact out, I didn’t want to spend a fortune so I had to fill my cup really carefully to not have it cost a bazillion dollars lol.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 8, 2014, 8:53 am

😆 I have to admit that I would have never thought to sleep with a shower cap on my head to keep the pollen off my pillow. Actually, I’ve never even thought about the pollen that might be on my hair 😯 I used to suffer from seasonal allergies really bad, but they’re basically vanished over the pat handful of years. Now if only my peanut allergy would do the same…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #77 .My Profile

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven May 8, 2014, 9:08 am

HAte my name….my sister says it sounds like a disease. She’s really nice…kind of like my seasonal allergies that get off on making me sneeze. Top that off with being allergic to heat and the summers are really fun for me…I know, my life is tough 😉

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 8, 2014, 1:01 pm

lol…I am basically allergic to heat as well, as in, if it is too hot and humid outdoors and I try to spend too much time in it, I faint.

• Renee @ Bendiful Blog May 8, 2014, 10:25 am

Oh! That SUCKS about the yogurt. They should have posted a sign if they weren’t participating. I love my name, I was always the only one! But not liking your name has to be hard. I’ve never done the shower cap trick but I might need to try it!
    Renee @ Bendiful Blog recently posted…So You Want Some Back Muscles?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 8, 2014, 1:01 pm

If you have allergies, definitely get a shower cap or something to cover your hair when you sleep. Works really really well!

• Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom.com May 8, 2014, 11:07 am

I always hated my name. a billion people have the same one! I was surprised how easy it was for me to give up coffee since I got pregnant. It probably helped that every time I smelled it I wanted to vomit. I’ve also given up diet coke. I pretty much just drink water now. I wonder if I’ll keep this up for life?
    Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom.com recently posted…I Sniff My DaughterMy Profile

• Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife May 8, 2014, 12:49 pm

omg i would be SO PISSED too if the store I went to was not participating !!!!!! I love fro yo and all the toppings but like you said def can get expensive ! ALso I do have allergies but HATE washing my hair at night… maybe I should invest in those shower caps seriously !!

• Susie @ Suzlyfe May 8, 2014, 2:24 pm

I would have destroyed them.
    I used to dislike my name, but then I realized that it is just who I am. THE SUZ.
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Liebster: Rebooted #ThinkingoutloudMy Profile

• Christine May 8, 2014, 2:36 pm

Hi Meredith! My name is Christine and I am the blogger for the Marshall Recreation Center. I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check it out on the blog page. Keep up the good work!
    Christine recently posted…Liebster Awards!My Profile

• Hilary May 8, 2014, 6:22 pm

Wow that is horrible what that company did! Hey maybe they will treat you right and offer you a free cup since that store didn’t follow the rules!
    Hilary recently posted…Thinking Out Loud CurrentsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 9, 2014, 10:55 am

Isn’t it awful? Especially when you are so excited to save some money and treat yourself at the same time.

• Bex May 10, 2014, 1:33 am

My name is Rebecca! And I never liked it. I’ve settled on Bex (a nickname given to me by a variety of wonderful human), but most everyone knows me as Becca. But I look forward to being able to name my daughter (if I have one) Molly. Or Holly. I love both of those names and I’m saving them for only the most important things I may one day have.
    Bex recently posted…Keep Calm and Clamor On (+free printable!)My Profile

• Jess @ Keeping It Real Food May 10, 2014, 7:14 am

I used to hate my name because of the Sweet Valley High series and resented that Jessica was the ditzy trouble-maker. Since most people call me Jess, I eventually got over it : )

I loved fro-yo back in the day, but then I went to Italy in grad school and tasted gelato. I was officially ruined for life. I still have it a couple times a year, but it’s never as good as I used to think it was. Pros & cons.
    Jess @ Keeping It Real Food recently posted…Gluten-Free People Who Have No Idea What Gluten IsMy Profile