Total randomness coming your way….
1. I need a new book to read. Actually, I just need a book to read. I am not in reading mode and haven’t been for at least a year. Interesting actually since it wasn’t all that long ago that I was polishing off two to three novels a week.
One of my all-time favorite novels. Love this historical romance series, you know, The Other Boleyn Girl?
I love a good historical romance novel as well as light-hearted chick-lit but picking up a book after not reading for a bit can be tough.
All I need is to get started with one. Once I am captured within the first few pages, I know I will be back to bookworm status every evening.
I probably don’t need tell you that I still read from an actual book. Like with real pages. Maybe one day I will catch on to this Kindle type thing but for now, I will remain old-fashioned and go to the library.
Do you read? Books are great. They take you to another place and even when you think you are too tired to read, somehow a good book is relaxing and doesn’t make you feel like you are using your brain at all.
2. They say people only use about 10% of their brain’s true abilities or something like that. I believe it. I have no issue informing you that I like to think as little as possible.
Too much thinking especially when I don’t feel like thinking makes my brain hurt and sends me to the mall to window shop, take pictures of Prada bags I don’t need and eat Red Mango parfaits.
I need this bag though. I always come back to it, it’s the perfect noncolor to go with everything. The expense needs multiple rational reasons so I am still working on the why-I-need-this-bag-list.
3. I didn’t make my bed until I was 23 and married. I didn’t see the point prior to then. I mean, you are just going to get back into it, right? So why make it?
This opinion of mine changed once I had my own home. I cannot leave the house without the bed made and certainly can’t function if my son’s bed is left a mess either.
Sometimes we risk running late for school just so I can make up his bed perfectly with all of the stuffed animals, pillows, blankets and corners tucked just so.
Certainly I could insist that the little boy make his own bed but I don’t want to give up the control of knowing that if I make it, it will be nice, neat and meet my bed making standards.
Knowing I left the house with made up beds makes me feel organized. His poor excuse for tucked corners will not keep me mentally sane.
I realize I may be creating a monster of a man who is used to having things done for him but that’s his future wife’s problem, not so much mine. Please don’t ever tell her about my blog.
By the way, I learned something new recently about duvet covers. Did you know there are hidden ties inside the duvet that will attach to your inner comforter in order to keep the whole thing from shifting around and making you extra crazy?
If you already knew this, why didn’t you tell me?
4. I know I said I have been watching my coffee intake but I need to keep up my Panera habit simply because I earned a free You Pick Two meal by using my Panera Rewards Card a few times this month when I chose to set up shop and work from one of their booths.
I have yet to redeem my free lunch because I am so excited about it that I can’t give it up just yet.
It expires in two weeks. Please remind me to pick two and eat.
5. Organic Carrots of Many Colors are back at Trader Joe’s.
My only issue is that this bag is filled with only a few yellow carrots and a bunch of one-shaded orange carrots. Usually there is a mix of multiple shades of orange.
6. Taper week has been going along nice and taperly. Is taperly a word?
I had planned to run every other day this week but I actually haven’t run since Monday. I woke up yesterday morning feeling a big sluggish and not ready or even in the mood to run. So I didn’t. I lounged around on the elliptical machine instead.
7. I think I will run this morning. Maybe. Hmm. Terrific; now is not exactly the best time to be reaching that overtraining/burnout feeling where the desire to run has all but left the building.
Um hello, race on Sunday?!
Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!
Matcha Green Tea powder winner to be announced tomorrow. Did you enter yet?
What books have you been loving lately?
Do you always make your bed? Duvet or regular comforter?
How do you like your carrots – raw, steamed or roasted? Carrot fries are the best!