Three-Ingredient Pancake With Chia Seeds

Did you eat breakfast yet? OK good, I am glad I caught you.

You need to tweak the two-ingredient pancake to include a third ingredient.

IMG_2557

Chia Seeds. Known for thickening just about anything they are added to, chia seeds added as our third ingredient thicken our pancake and make it that much better than it already was.

three-ingredient-pancake

Don’t let the little black dots upset you. You won’t notice them after it cooks a bit.

three-ingredient-pancake

I hate to say I told you, but I told you so. The chia seeds are now a secret.

three-ingredient-pancake

You may not be able to tell from the picture but those little chia seeds thicken up the pancake and help create the texture of the dense and chewy pancake experience usually only available when using flour.

In fact, I am going to go as far as saying that these chia seeds combined with the egg (or egg whites) and banana give a traditional pancake a real run for the money and not just in the nutrition department. Hello to protein, omega 3’s, fiber, complex carbs and fruit serving all in one.

If you are still sitting there in fear of a flourless pancake, I really suggest that you try it. I recently read somewhere that the texture and flavor of a traditional two-ingredient pancake is relative to the center of a good hunk of Challah French toast.

Couldn’t agree more.

three ingredient pancake

Slathered with peanut butter, add some blueberries on top plus a side cup of coffee and the Sunday paper and you have yourself a lovely morning. Why does it take 20 pages into the sports section to find the Islanders game recap? Oh right, because they are a New York sports afterthought….

Three-Ingredient Pancake With Chia Seeds - Recipe

Author:
Recipe type: pancakes
Cuisine: breakfast
Ingredients
  • One organic egg or two large organic egg whites
  • ½ large mashed banana
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Lightly grease a skillet and heat on medium heat. Add mixture and allow to cook for a few minutes before carefully flipping (do not flip too soon!)
  2. Cook another minute and transfer to plate.
  3. Top with peanut butter, syrup or your favorite pancake toppings.

Three ingredient pancake #pancakes #vegetarian #breakfast Click To Tweet

*************************************

Favorite weekend breakfast?

What are you doing today?

Do you read the newspaper or follow the news online?

• jillconyers March 16, 2014, 9:56 am

So cool that you can make pancakes with only 3 ingredients. My recipe doesn’t have many ingredients but it’s more than 3. And easy to make gf too! Bonus

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 16, 2014, 11:08 am

You didn’t manage to catch me before breakfast, but that’s okay because I’m a pancake for dinner kind of girl anyways 🙂 In fact, I think you may have just provided me with today’s dinner. Wait… scratch that… dinner is at the parents’ tonight. Lunch, then! Even better.

• Tina Muir April 26, 2014, 6:39 am

Ooooh good idea friend! I would love to give these a try! I have had my first breakfast before my run, but these would be a great post run breakfast! Good idea 🙂 My favorite weekend breakfast is definitely pancakes! I am at Penn Relays again all day today, hopefully my athletes run well! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Pulled Pork and Roasted Sweet Potato PizzaMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 26, 2014, 9:26 am

You will definitely love these simple “pancakes” – especially with peanut butter on top! God luck at the relays…P.S. – I am the worst at Twitter. I can only juggle so many social media accounts and Twitter seems to be the one I just never got into. I am trying though! So if you notice I am MIA on there, now you know why! lol

• bestamazonfood.com May 28, 2014, 3:14 am

Damn, thank you so much for posting this! It is going to aid me when I get Chia Seeds at the store! So Great!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld September 22, 2014, 7:54 am

mm looks good. Love pancakes
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Caramel Cookie Dough OatmealMy Profile

• I didn’t know where to find this info then kaboom it was here.

• Impressive brain power at work! Great answer!

• of course like your web site but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I will certainly come back again.

• cheapest auto insurance June 14, 2016, 9:58 pm

Welcome Rhonda to our family of clayers. Cindy has a wonderful search feature and if you type in bead rolling you will probably come up with lots of suggestions for video’s.

• This man was put on earth especially for me. I’m totally obsessed with everything this fine chap has to say . I always read his awe-inspiring! book daily… and all his youtube videos as well. He is my #1 teacher!!… I am glad he was born and created this monumental book of knowledge!. He’s considered the Guru of wealth! In my life.. thanks, Harv..from a Latin guy who admires you… “your my best kept secret for triumph”

• Ron-Have you noticed that after the City Council promised that the City Planning Department would conduct outreach regarding recommended changes to land use appeal fees that there has not been a peep? What is the City Planning Department up to? They promised have a real public discussion and they have done nothing.

• What complete poppycock. BDS is an effective, non-violent method of applying pressure to an intransigent entity that is behaving outside the norms of decency and has not responded to less severe forms of persuasion. It is completely moral to refuse to support a country that insists upon behaving badly. It worked very well in the case of South Africa, and it can work in the case of Israel.

• car insurance rates June 14, 2016, 11:56 pm

Ich gebe zu: Von »meinem« Kreisverband zu schreiben, legt eine Mitgliedschaft nahe. Dieses »wir« war dann aber doch ein . Auch wenn mich als Liberalen mittlerweile der organisierte Liberalismus an den Stellen, die ich anspreche, so nervt, daß ich kurz davor bin, selber einzusteigen.   0 likes

• The ability to think like that is always a joy to behold

• Pode não comparecer deliberadamente e é sempre multado, julgo eu.Mas é um facto que há casos de trafulhice das assistentes sociais porque elas também chegam a enviar os avisos e convocatórias, sem passarem pela secretaria.A trafulhice que presenciei foi assim e não se tramou totalmente mas o foi caçada e o juiz posto ao corrente.

• Lest anyone feel bad for her since she is allegedly raising money at the end of the day… The happy hour is at some placed called The Randolph. Seriously.

• Stellar work there everyone. I’ll keep on reading.

• As a Labor voter I’d agree with #5 that the inimitable Sen. Joyce should stay as shadow Finance Minister,he’s the answer to Voltaire’s prayer,however, as a retired accountant,I’d say he’s not the best advertisement for my former occupation.

• Hallelujah! I needed this-you’re my savior.

• Dear Mr Varun R Chunkaar,Can you find any decency in the comments of last paragraph made by Mr Shamnaad Baseer at 12:58 pm ?He thinks that all are having bad relations with agents etc as he has written before.But he himself is saying that he is having very cosy relationship ( we dont know , how far it goes )with some senior people of Patent office. Why the relationship what Shamnaad Baseer is having is good and other's is bad?See the partiality–seems MR Shamnaad Baseer has some personal vendetta and interest!

• That would be very tempting!I would love to lead an encaustic group in California. Also, you are near Wax Works West, a fantastic Encaustic Workshop Goldmine!

• People normally pay me for this and you are giving it away!

• HÃ¥ller med föregÃ¥ende talare. Verkligen ingen skandal utan matchen kunde gÃ¥tt bÃ¥da vägarna. I 3 ronden träffades Bruno hÃ¥rt flera ggr innan hans motstÃ¥ndare la sig ner för han hade ont i benet. Sen var Brunos prestation under all kritik han gasade redan i andra ronden och ser vi kommer nog aldrig se honom i nÃ¥n större organisation.Simon det känns inte som du var sÃ¥ objektiv pÃ¥ lördagskvällen 😀

• Hi Harriet, Thanks for reading and commenting. The negative thoughts just won’t go away. I had a brief interlude last night, but they’ve intensified again. I tell myself to STOP! which helps for a bit, but they come right back when I focus my attention away for a second. My g/f offer stremendous support; she’s a therapist in training. Yup, same here: anticipatory anxiety is almost always worst than the event. Thanks again for the kind words!

• precioso texto, especialmente el último párrafo sea de quien sea. gracias por acercarnos el espíritu del pueblo saharaui.estamos muy cerca de este pueblo, quizá porque nos sintamos un poco responsables.un abrazo.

• I personally agree on having health insurance policy. It does not have to be necessarily expensive. The agreement can be limited if you speak out what you only wanted your policy to cover or as you mentioned, “drop unnecessary policy provision”.Keeping healthy is still the best solution to avoid having a mountain of debt but as we live on today, it is easier said than done.

• Dank u wel! Heel lief van u om te schrijven! We willen nog flink doorwerken om onze blog beter te maken. Hopelijk blijft u ons volgen tot Rio!

• This does look promising. I’ll keep coming back for more.

• Alright alright alright that’s exactly what I needed!

• Thanks for helping me to see things in a different light.

• The earth has a direct reaction to men’s decisions. Adam disobeyed God’s Word resulting in the “ground producing thorns and thistles,” when men’s heart was filled with wickedness the earth was flooded, when Israel failed to give the ground rest they were banished to Babylon, and Proverbs tells us that men’s relationship with their wives causes the earth to tremble. Men are the gate of authority upon the earth.

• That’s the best answer by far! Thanks for contributing.

• Could you write about Physics so I can pass Science class?

• I’d’ve been tempted to say at that dinner party that I wasn’t terribly interested in real estate, which would have been aggressive and indecorous, but might have shut her up.

• None can doubt the veracity of this article.

• Unparalleled accuracy, unequivocal clarity, and undeniable importance!

• My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome blog!

• Hi Jan–I was singing your praises the other day to my financial advisor, Mark Wise, telling him how pleased I was with the pix you took for my book cover. You’ll notice some of them are up on my website, also. I told him I’d track down your info. I can’t seem to find your email or phone on this website. Can you please send it to me? The one I have might be outdated and I don’t want him to miss you.Regards,Jean Palmer Heck317-430-9100

• Our town is sponsoring a small business Saturday today and Mom & I have taken the pledge toShop Small, Shop Local, Eat Local, Enjoy Local & support the local businesses that support us and our community.

• online car insurance quotes June 15, 2016, 11:41 pm

Tu comentario es mas falso que un billete de $333 jajajaEn un credito hipotecario a 15 años pagas mucho mas de 1.5 veces el monto prestado. Toma cualquier simulador y realiza una simple suma de las mensualidades.

• Ok, BeÄŸendiÄŸiniz ya da konuyla ilgili istiyorum ne sormak ve seninle geri alırsınız olsaydım uzak röportaj. Bunu yapmanın en iyi yolu bu web sitesi üzerinden gidin. Take Care,

• I am forever indebted to you for this information.

• Scrivi il tuo commento Puoi usare questi tags HTML : <a> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <code> <del> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong> var RecaptchaOptions = { theme : ‘red’, lang : ‘en’ , tabindex : 5 };   #submit {display:none;}

• I’ve been looking for a post like this for an age

• gamesgogogo…Every day new games! Action games, adventure games, puzzle games, race games, kids games, sport games, multiplayer games and many more….

• Mario nao è sò um “cantautore” ma um grande Poeta. Faz vibrar os coraçoes com suas musicas poeticas, coloca sentimentos de forma que outros sintam seus sentimentos. Mario usa a alma no lugar da caneta ao descrever seus sentimentos e sonhos; é um grande artista que com a musica consegue retratar o quadro da vida sentida ou imaginada. com a sua musica espalha pelo mundo alegrias e sentimentos como se tocasse a mais bela sinfonia………….Bravo Mario, sei l’unico!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Desigur. Este solutia mai simpla ca orice utilizator sa dezinstaleze orice aplicatie (nu doar produse de securitate) cu Revo Uninstaler. Interfata simpla, facila sterge toti registrii ramasi dupa dezinstalarea nativa microsoft. Recomand !

• Torres Valbuena je déteste ce joueur qui plonge, simule, en rajoute des tonnes et pour moi à un égo surdimensionné et l’entendre parler est un suplice.Toujours est-il que depuis 2 ans il a énormément progressé et qu’il est le meilleur joueur de l’OM et de loin et s’il était titulaire en lieu et place de Menez en EDF ça ne me choquerait pas

• Yes, exactly. Roy. Very few folk in developing countries have access to higher education. We spent the morning with a local family, today, and the daughter is headed to college to train as a primary school teacher, so there is more mobility than some think. But in terms of access to the full global economy, you need wealth and connections even more than you do in the west

• I’m so glad that the internet allows free info like this!

• nessuno ha notato che, anche se il nome è scritto tutto attaccato, le iniziali di puffolottiaccident sono identiche a quelle di un rettiliano bioplasmatico di cui evitiamo di fare il nome per questione di privacy?È vero, 😀

• Hi Deb. This is very clever. I don’t have time to click the plethora of links, but I will come back and read them when I can. It will take a while.Seriously, very clever. Hope all is well. Hugs,Nancy

• This is the straight Ranchcomputing – Sp34k.com journal for anyone who wants to move out out around this matter. You asking so overmuch its virtually wearying to present with you (not that I real would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new protract on a message thats been scrivened about for geezerhood. Overnice sundry, but great!

• En fait je pense que j’ai plus dattente quand je machete une loterie ou quand je vais au casino 1 fois par année. Dans le sens que j’ai plus souvent gagné au jeux quand amour malheureusement. Il faut croire que même la loterie n’est pas une bonne comparaison avec l’amour. Après 10 dates en 10 mois je me suis jamais senti autant malchanceux. Pourtant le maximum que j’ai été sa été 2 dates dans la meme période jamais daté les 10 en meme temps.

• auto insurance quotes June 16, 2016, 3:15 pm

I have exactly what info I want. Check, please. Wait, it’s free? Awesome!

• The quickest way to get my kids to the kitchen is to turn on the food processor!Glad you like this Kristy..I think Miss A and Mr N can make this all by themselves ..they are really talented

• "Is there any other group on earth that so relentless behaves in ways that are completely contrary to their best interests, to their very survival?" Americans and Europeans?

• It’s a real pleasure to find someone who can think like that

• Oh yeah, and I CANNOT WAIT to play Child of Eden (Rez is probably one of my top ten games of all time). Good thing it supports regular controllers, because there’s no way in hell I’m buying Kinect or Move just for that one game.

• Frank, Frank, wie schaffst du es das du uns alle als völlig besoffene Photonasen hinstellen kannst und wir mögen dich trotzdem noch???? Liegt wohl an Weihnachten…Ich vertraue für 2008 darauf das dein neues Wunderteil auch Bilder bearbeiten kann (positiv bearbeiten!) und das wir dann solche Bilder nicht mehr sehen müssen. Anne

• The marketing “trick” that is most exasperating right now is: Try it free for 30 days or Just pay shipping/handling. What they don’t tell you is that at the end of 30 days you owe the full price of the product – and they don’t tell you the price of the product anywhere in the advertisement.

• Howdy just happened upon your blog from Yahoo after I entered in, “Lo fatal | Hojas en el Viento” or something similar (can’t quite remember exactly). In any case, I’m happy I found it because your subject material is exactly what I’m searching for (writing a university paper) and I hope you don’t mind if I gather some information from here and I will of course credit you as the reference. Many thanks.

• I want to send you an award for most helpful internet writer.

• The truth just shines through your post

• I had been using flax seed oil daily for the last 2 months, and now I have cold like symptoms due to it. I overtaxed my immune system eating that “healthful” oil. So I have a headache, stuffiness and general weakness. I stayed cold free for decades … so it finally clicked as I was eating lunch today that the flax was doing it. Lesson learned on rotating foods better and an oil is tough to digest by nature.Thanks for any comments you may have!

• Most likely it’s missing it’s mommy or the scent. Do you you get them from a pet store or just out of the paper? any way you could get a small blankie and get some scent from the mommy or siblings? I have done the trick of letting the kitten lay on my chest so it can listen to my heartbeat and it’s warm as well. also check to make sure they have no swollen tummy just in case it could possibly have an upset belly. Was this answer helpful?

• Kudos! What a neat way of thinking about it.

• Best post yet Cathie. So awesome that your kids get to experience this but as you ended your post, it is all about family. Your kids are lucky to have such wonderful role models who love and respect each other!

• Nein, einen namen habe ich leider auch nicht Werde es aber genau so machen, wie du schon gesagt hast: einfach dran vorbeigehen, bis sie eines Tages wieder drinne steht Hoffe, das fällt noch nicht unter Stalking Bügelfalte in der Jeans konnte ich verhindern – dass sie meine T-Shirts bügelt aber leider nicht (das ist absoluter Unsinn bei meiner Shirt-Lager-Methodik).

• An absorbing communicating is designer scuttlebutt. I believe that you should indite statesman on this theme, it power not be a inhibition dominate but generally people are not enough to speak on specified topics. To the succeeding. Cheers like your Wibsey man’s business harmed by catalytic converter theft | Truck Secure.

• AurélieC dit :J’étais dans le Tradition, et ils avaient bien gardé les traditions du début du siècle dernier. Bon, du coup, j’ai transmis tes remarques aux principaux intéressés

• Thank you so much for this article, it saved me time!

• WaqasHi Toby,Can you please share your thoughts and suggest me my first DSLR?I am looking at Canon T4i and Nikon D5200…interested in still as well as videosThanks in advance,~Waqas

• 19 10-10-11cendo spune: nu imi scriemanufacturer:n/achip type:n/adac type:n/aaprox.total memory:n/acurent display mode:1024×768(32bit)(1hz) asa scrie -41V-a ajutat acest raspuns?

• I get to also learn and interface with people like Willie Crawford, Jeff Herring, Mark Hendricks,  Lynn Terry and our host David

• I think you’ve just captured the answer perfectly

• bastcilk doptb June 17, 2016, 12:18 pm

Thank you for helping out, good information. “I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.” by Goldie Hawn.

• My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He was once entirely right. This put up actually made my day. You cann’t believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

• Ok guys – if this is how u all feel, I am slowing down and will find some other way to vent my emotions…thought we are all in this together…may be, I misspoke a couple times or asked inappropriate questions and I am sorry about that…going through the toughest times in my life in the last 4-6 weeks..

• I will sign that petition, and if there is space allowed for comments, I will tie this episode in with Kevin Annett, who also was denied access into the UK, when was detained at immigration and returned the following morning to the Netherlands.UK officials are frightened for all the right reasons.No reason to let the criminals perpetrators off the hook.I hope everyone who reads your site makes waves in their own spheres of influence, and raise international awareness.Blessingsxx

• If you dont mind, where do you host your web page? I am searching for a good quality web host and your site seams to be quick and up almost all the time

• http://www.nikestoreshoesjapan.com/ June 17, 2016, 3:04 pm

I will right away seize your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me recognise so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

• Io ho chiuso tutti e due gli occhi,  poi il dvd e il televisore.Mi ha ricordato le visioni di The cell, solo che qui non c’e’  J Lo a tirare su l’umore

• Petra HennebergMeine Kinder finden die Sendung gut, vor allem der große, der ist momentan verrückt nach Quiz- und Spielshows.Nina Hagen – „Du Hast Den Farbfilm Vergessen” fand ich schon immer gut ^^

• Definitely try yoga! I’ve been really happy with the relaxation and the stretching and the muscle work. My teacher has this amazing voice and I love to listen to her talk.

• insurance car June 17, 2016, 6:25 pm

I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web.Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.Regards,

• I almost feel bad about complaining about the chilly 30-degree temperatures at last weeks CIM – almost.The dedication required to run as often as you do, with a busy schedule and some serious winter weather speaks volumes as to your love of the process. Of course, it sounds like the view is worth the ascent.Happy holidays,Ron

• What a bittersweet post. Life sure is tough for you at the moment, but as you say it is improving all the time. Ohh girl, there surely will be great celebrations at the next CHA you get to

• I need to see this book in print too, Elodie! If only it were so easy, right? Looking forward to your YA Book Club post… I thought THIS IS NOT A TEST was fantastic, and I hope all my fellow book-clubbers did too!

• If you want to get read, this is how you should write.

• I similar to the worthwhile facts you provide you with inside your content articles.I will bookmark your web site and test yet again here usually.I am relatively sure I’ll learn about a lot of new things best suited listed here! Superior luck for your following!

• auto insurance June 18, 2016, 1:21 am

He looks mischievous… the great thing with cats is that you never know what they are going to do next….. I caught my kitten sleeping in the toilet!!! She does this rather often come to think of it….

• people eat waaaaayy too much meat these days, and I say that as someone who loves it. I rarely eat meat at lunch and don't make it a lot at home – mostly pasta and fish. but the weekends I definitely get my far share – bacons, burgers, pepperoni pizza, etc. I definitely think its a good thing for people to think about their meat consumption and work on eating it less, if necessary.

• I thought it was "may my right hand wither." That's the JPS English translation of the traditional Hebrew text. But, in his case, broken works nicely.

• Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7:04 pm What a lovely post, I think it is so important to put your friendships and family relationships first. Thanks for reminding everyone to acknowledge all the love in their life!