Keurig Karma

Never insult your favorite appliance on the internet.

IMG_1414

I have woken up to a broken Keurig machine.

Although this specific Keurig machine has served me well for over seven years, to die on me first thing in the morning is cruel and can only be because I insulted it’s flashing blue light just a couple of weeks ago.

Karma, people. I do believe in karma.

I will be drinking tea until either one of two things happens:

• The little boy wakes up so I can toss him into the car to get Dunkin Donuts coffee. Which will then involve him talking me into  a donut for breakfast.
  • My selfless favorite neighbor wakes up so I can use her Keurig machine.

Ah well. At least I thoroughly enjoyed last night’s dinner.

unnamed (36)

Hmm. Dessert really deserves its own picture, don’t you think?

unnamed (37)

Blackout cake and ice cream is always right.

If you are a coffee drinker, you already know that tea first thing in the morning is no substitute for coffee.

So, the question is, who do I wake up first?

I say my neighbor because you just never wake a sleeping baby. He may be 10, but he is my baby and no matter the age, I just cant bring myself to disturb the peace on a Sunday morning.

Ugh.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

***************

If you have a Keurig, how long have you had your current machine? I know they die regularly but mine has really lasted a long time!

Best thing you ate yesterday?

• emmelineruns January 12, 2014, 7:03 am

I doubt your son will mind if you wake him up with the offer of a donut! I certainly wouldn’t 😉

• Marina @ Lazy for Diet January 12, 2014, 8:59 am

Mmmm I never drink coffee and it is amusing to observe it how others are obsessed 😉 The breakfast was my best food for yesterday! It was oatmeal with milk, the whole banana and flax seeds… That’s good!

• D @ The Kosher Cave Girl January 12, 2014, 9:07 am

Oh no! At least now you have a great excuse to get a brand new — and possibly upgraded — Keurig! I want one so badly, but my fiancé insists that it’s stupid to buy one if we can throw it on the wedding registry. I know he’s right, so I grumble under my breath and make instant Folgers coffee using my tea kettle. It’s not as glamorous, and not as good. Grumble. Grumble.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2014, 9:50 am

I understand but agree with the registry – let someone get it for you as a gift! Mazel Tov by the way, when’s the wedding?

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 12, 2014, 9:29 am

7 years? Amazing. Mine lasted 2 before it bit the dust, but here’s the real kicker… I bought a new one and my parents asked for my old one, and now it works perfectly fine for them. I couldn’t get the damn thing to work, but a change in location apparently works wonders 😆 Whatever… I’m happy with my upgrade.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2014, 9:49 am

It seems I have experienced the longest run in history of the Keurig. Everyone else says the newer models burn out quick…I am ready for an upgrade! I wonder why it worked at your parents? I played around with mine this morning and eventually got a cup to brew but now I no longer trust it lol.

• Hayley@healthyregards January 12, 2014, 9:35 am

no coffee in the morning= unhappy hayley! Best food from yesterday was some of my favorite roasted veggies, beets, sweet potato and brussel sprouts!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2014, 9:48 am

Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are my fave; I roast them literally 6 days a week (love beets even though I have learned they don’t agree with me)

• Davida @The Healthy Maven January 12, 2014, 11:09 am

Love my Keurig but man do they break quickly! I’m now all about my french press. Unfortunately the clean-up is not-so-fun 🙁

• Cait the Arty Runnerchick January 13, 2014, 12:46 am

oh no, i’m sorry!! 🙁 at least your cute as heck Hello Kitty Mug didn’t go AWOL too. lol.
    i don’t drink coffee, but i SURE as heck would devour that cake!! 🙂