Always Room For Cold Stone

Monday morning already? Seriously?

Oh well. No time to think about it since I have quite a busy week ahead of me, beginning this morning with an important meeting in Manhattan.

At least it isn’t frigid today. Wait, let me correct that – At least it isn’t frigid this morning.

It is rainy yet “warm” with temperatures scheduled to drop from 50 degrees now down to 8 degrees tonight. Uh huh.

I can’t control the weather but I can control what I eat so let’s back up a bit to where we left off on Saturday.

IMG_1579

I did my usual Trader Joe’s stock-up thing. I have meaning to ask you – do you remember the Trader Joe’s crunchy peanut butter with the flax seeds? I know they recalled it well over a year ago (or was it two years ago?) but they never brought it back and I really liked it.

I also made a pit stop at Fairway for PB2. Still loving the PB2.

IMG_1577

Fage was on sale for 88 cents – how do you pass that up?

Of course yesterday morning as I went through the Sunday circular coupons (or Qpons as I like to pronounce the word) I discovered two coupons for my most favorite Stonyfield Greek Yogurt.

IMG_1588

Little savings like this excite me. If you don’t clip your coupons, you need to start.

You know what else excites me? All-You-Can-Eat Sushi.

IMG_1581

Ever do the All-You-Can-Eat Sushi (from a good place of course, not just some random icky hole-in-the-wall) where they give you the little menus and a pencil and you get to keep checking off what you want so that they just keep bringing you food over and over and over again?

So fun. SO SO SO FUN!

IMG_1582

We got all giddy about this and just checked off everything – my favorite is the broccoli teriyaki plates. I think we went with five of those but who is counting.

IMG_1583

Of course we ordered more rolls than this. How could you not when they just keep bringing it to you?

Were we full? Never too full for dessert.

IMG_1586

I know I said I would have birthday cake for Saturday’s birthday girls but Cold Stone was calling my name. Actually, the chocolate dipped waffle bowls were looking for me.

Is it good or bad that the owner of Cold Stone saw me and made sure to point out their supply of chocolate dipped waffle bowls? I think I made him uncomfortable one too many times on the occasions his store was lacking in the waffle bowl department.

IMG_1585

As amazing as this looks, the best part about it is that I wasn’t the only one in my party to order it.

IMG_1584

Why was someone else’s sundae a good thing for me? Well, I just knew part of their waffle bowl would end up mine.

The trick is to always dine with someone not only willing to share but someone who gets full easily.

No one understands where I put all of this dessert but after a lengthy discussion on the topic, I explained that my stomach just has an extra compartment for sweet stuff.

There is always room. If you don’t believe me, I challenge you to dinner followed by dessert. Bring it on.

*************************************

I NEED TO KNOW:

How is the weather by you?

Do you always have room for dessert?

Would you share your waffle bowl with me or would you be able to finish it on your own?

Ever experience All-You-Can-Eat Sushi?

Do you remember the TJ peanut butter I am talking about?

{ 21 comments… add one }

• thekoshercavegirl January 6, 2014, 6:21 am

This all looks delicious! I used to love PB2 and I so wish that they had powdered almond butter. It would make my year. J and I love going out for all-you-can-eat sushi, which usually means that he makes them regret it, while I sit there with a really expensive platter of sashimi. Not complaining about it, though. I get cravings for sashimi sometimes. I’m not pregnant, just strange, haha!

• IHeartVegetables January 6, 2014, 7:37 am

Ohhh I’ve always wanted to try one of those chocolate dipped waffle bowls ;) haha that looks soooo yummy! And yay for sushi!

• Davida @The Healthy Maven January 6, 2014, 9:22 am

There is ALWAYS room for dessert. AYCES and coldstone? I need your life. But especially some Birthday Cake Remix! It’s 6 degrees here which is basically summer so I think I could handle some ice cream…and yes even at 9:00 AM ;) Thanks for reminding me to pick up some PB2!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 6, 2014, 4:48 pm

I am glad we all agree that there is always room for dessert, I knew I couldn’t be the only one!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 6, 2014, 10:17 am

We’re not going to talk about the weather up here, but we can definitely talk about dessert. There’s ALWAYS room for it — that’s just science. In fact, I think they proved the existence of a dessert stomach. I’m sure I read a paper about it somewhere ;) Seriously, though, I’m never too full for dessert. I may -think- I am, but show me something sweet and I’ll find room for it.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 6, 2014, 4:47 pm

We are so alike. If chocolate fudge cake is put down in front of me, how does one say no? They don’t.

• pickyrunner January 6, 2014, 10:21 am

There’s always room for it. Truth. That ice cream has me drooling- you know how I feel about ice cream, especially cold stone ;)

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 6, 2014, 4:46 pm

We really do need to meet halfway for Cold Stone or Cheesecake Factory (or both) one of these days. We just have to make this dessert meet-up happen.

• Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom January 6, 2014, 10:21 am

You know I’ve never has actually sushi from a good sushi place!? I love the kind of the Chinese buffets or from deirburgs but I’m thinking it’s just not as good.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 6, 2014, 4:46 pm

OK you need to make your way to NY and meet me for sushi. It is just not ok for you to not have experienced actual sushi from a real sushi place.

• Marina @ PBlover and Runner January 6, 2014, 11:15 am

I not really love land… All my friends are simply obsessed with it, but I always choose pizza if we go somewhere together. Seriously, for the last year I ate land of times or two :D It is strange because I love fish and rice separately, and I eat them several times a week houses. Plus soy sauce and wasabi – one of my favourite seasonings ;)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl January 6, 2014, 2:36 pm

I love PB2 also!! I think I eat it at least once a day :).

• jumpeatrun January 6, 2014, 5:26 pm

sushi sounds so good right now! I actually don’t always have room for dessert, but i often want dessert instead of real food…does that count? ;)
    stay warm!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 6, 2014, 7:38 pm

Totally counts – I must admit I used to skip dinner and go right for dessert. I try not to do that anymore!

• Shannon January 6, 2014, 5:56 pm

Haha you can never have too much cold stone! I used to work there and it was delish! I started a blog yesterday and am still learning the ropes, so come over to gbandpb.wordpress.com and check it out! LOVE your blog :)

• Meranda@fairytalesandfitness January 6, 2014, 9:55 pm

I have actually never had sushi but those chocolate bowls look amazing! The waether here is cold too! Stay warm NY girl!