Thinking Out Loud – Preparing For Blizzard

They tell me it is Thursday which must make it time to Think Out Loud.

Thinking-Out-Loud

Anyone else completely confused with what day it is?

I am also being told that we are in the midst of the blizzard warning which is just NOT OK for oh so many reasons.

For starters, school was scheduled to be back in session today.

How come I never got this lucky as a child to have 10 days off from school only to have A BLIZZARD hit the day we were due to go back?

A blizzard means supermarket storm stock up, doesn’t it? Well I tried to do that yesterday but my local Trader Joe’s was CLOSED.

I did get there the other day for a condiment stock up but really could have used some actual food to go with all of these sauces and marinades.

unnamed (12)

Since I always try to look for the bright side, I am thankful for my peanut butter supply.

unnamed (13)

I am also glad I was able to run 10 miles outside yesterday as it is looking like it may be the last outdoor run I experience for a while.

I hate forcing a friendship but the treadmill and I are going to have to learn how to become good buddies.

Remember when I said the other day that I was all cooked and baked out? What else does one do when they are trapped in the house?

Snowstorms to me mean baking and I am just not in the mood.

Although, I may attempt to make a healthier chocolate pudding.

unnamed (14)

The little boy talked me into a pack of these Jello Pudding Oreo Dirt Cups. Of course the calories aren’t my issue- it’s the partially hydrogenated unpronounceable ingredients that are annoying me.

I removed the puddings from the package just so I didn’t have the ingredients staring at me every time I opened the refrigerator.

Out of sight out of mind? Maybe. Maybe not but I will try anything.

I just pinned this recipe for a yummy looking chocolate pudding using avocado so maybe this can qualify as my blizzard baking.

And guess what- I even have a ripe avocado on reserve. My day is beginning to look brighter.

******************************

Thanks Amanda for today’s link-up!

Is it snowing by you?

Was your Trader Joe’s closed yesterday?

Ever make your own chocolate pudding?

How many jars of peanut butter are currently in your house? I think I have about 18. Is that weird?

{ 16 comments… add one }

• Chelsea January 2, 2014, 8:58 am

It’s going to get incredibly cold (read, -11) here tomorrow – but we aren’t supposed to get much snow. We did get stuck in a blizzard last year, and the number one thing I made sure we had was peanut butter. :) Good luck weathering the storm!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2014, 1:31 pm

I heard we may see some minus temps here which we haven’t in as long as I can remember – at least we have our peanut butter!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 2, 2014, 9:15 am

0. There are 0 jars of PB in my house… buuuuuuuut that’s only because I’m allergic ;) I have… 9 jars of other nut butters though. And for once it’s not snowing around here — in fact, it’s actually warming up. That being said, it’s going to go down to -30C over the weekend, so I’m going to try to get all my stuff done today so I have an excuse to hole up and not go anywhere over the next couple of days. And YES to avocado pudding — it actually tastes pretty good.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2014, 1:30 pm

I really should try almond butter – my allergy isn’t always there I just get afraid to mess around with it.

• D @ The Kosher Cave Girl January 2, 2014, 9:24 am

I’ve made chocolate pudding with avocado before and it’s delicious. If you’re thinking about trying it, go for it!

• pickyrunner January 2, 2014, 11:24 am

I never got this lucky with school either. I mean I have 6 weeks off so I can’t complain but I would have rather been in school and had it cancelled. I hate blizzards when I am already stir crazy though and my entire town shut down. I can’t even go get froyo! My week is ruined.

• Davida @The Healthy Maven January 2, 2014, 12:44 pm

TJs should NEVER close! But at least you have one 364 other days of the year ;) Happy New Year beautiful!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2014, 1:29 pm

You too! I really thought TJ was open 365 days – I still don’t know why they were closed.

• bemomstrong January 2, 2014, 2:26 pm

I live in VA and we are supposed to get a “dusting” AKA the whole state is going to shut down! Great blog… just found you!
    emma

• Julie January 2, 2014, 4:40 pm

I think all Trader Joes were closed yesterday but I never really left the house to check. :) It was sunny here, but New Year’s day is completely for relaxing especially after New Year’s Eve!

I’ve made my own avocado chocolate pudding before – I got the recipe and it was called “chocomole” though.

I have 1 jar of PB. Usually that jar is finished in a week and somehow shocks everyone. I don’t see why…

• Ange @ Cowgirl Runs January 2, 2014, 6:10 pm

I’m definitely jealous of your PB supply! Being in Canada means TJ’s and Whole Foods are special treats for me and I’m going through withdrawal.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 2, 2014, 6:16 pm

I can’t imagine not having Trade Joe’s and as much as I love Whole Foods, I try to avoid it since it costs me a fortune. I am having withdrawal though from the food bar, I really need to go there this weekend!

• Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures January 2, 2014, 10:56 pm

That’s crazy that the weather is that bad! Sucks! Kind of makes me feel like a wimp when I complain about running 3 miles in freezing to me weather… LOL! Out of sight out of mind works for now.. Haha sometimes you just gotta give a kid what they want! :) GR I hate the treadmill but I’ll be hoping you guys become close while you’re not able to get outside.